Do you want to learn how to ride a motorcycle? Come in and Request!

Endemic

Reaction score
I have been getting many questions lately by deaf people that they asked about how did i do it? and Want me to teach them to ride it, but i am thinking about to make a few videos to teach how to ride a bike with my ASL for deaf/hoh, and I don't want to teach them in each person by many people. Hell, It will be waste of time. I will be happy to make the videos and put it on network in the world for free.

List of videos I will be making:
-Safety
-General from my Rider Handbook (a lot of information)
-Show the action in real life how to drive a bike (How to use clutch/gears/controls/etc)
-Explains what you need to knows, be careful and Others.

I know there's more list that i am not thinking of now and it will come out in my mind what's important need to know.

Please do not ask/request for Wheelie, Stunt Tips, Anything dangerous with the bike I wont to teach these to you. It's your own risk.

So What do you think about this project? Throw your ideas are welcome in here.

One thing before riding: ALWAYS apply the rear brakes before the front. There is no better way to go airborne just short of an accident! LOL

One thing before riding: ALWAYS apply the rear brakes before the front. There is no better way to go airborne just short of an accident! LOL

Yup, true!

I used to own one and always used the rear brake first. Probably it's the top tip one could advise.

Another tip: Never be in the other drivers' blind side whenever you are on another lane on one way!

Also don't forget to tighten your shoe strings or strap if you have one.

Endemic, it's a cool idea and nice of you instructing others on your videos to come.

haha. My personally that rarely to use rear brake. it's 30% back braking and 70% front braking. I will need it when last sec to stop like the kids running across the road I will slam both rear and front brakes same time..

Yup, true!

I used to own one and always used the rear brake first. Probably it's the top tip one could advise.

Another tip: Never be in the other drivers' blind side whenever you are on another lane on one way!

Also don't forget to tighten your shoe strings or strap if you have one.

Endemic, it's a cool idea and nice of you instructing others on your videos to come.

i already know that i know about the blindside of drivers. I will explains it in the video dont worry. thanks for trying throws your advices in my back.

thank you to your last sentence. :ty:

haha. My personally that rarely to use rear brake. it's 30% back braking and 70% front braking. I will need it when last sec to stop like the kids running across the road I will slam both rear and front brakes same time..

i already know that i know about the blindside of drivers. I will explains it in the video dont worry. thanks for trying throws your advices in my back.

thank you to your last sentence. :ty:

Welcome! I actually speak to others who read your thread. I'm sure you already knew those tips since you own one already. A cool bike!

Enjoy it with care! :cool2:

Ha yeah gotcha. thanks. I will.

Here's my baby
img4551.jpg

Lesson 1

The ultimate rule that every bikers must know this...

NEVER trust any driver, PERIOD!

I was wondering how to learn... but when you make the videos in ASL, can you ensure that you sign not TOO fast or NOT too slow and make sure it is clear enough so I can watch too. :cool2:

That is not true. It's best to use both at same time. What is important is to not lock up rear tire.

Lesson 1

Of course even I always to watch out in my 2 sec radius front of me. I will talk about it in the video. :)

I was wondering how to learn... but when you make the videos in ASL, can you ensure that you sign not TOO fast or NOT too slow and make sure it is clear enough so I can watch too. :cool2:

Yeah i feel you. dont worry. If i am to damn fast for you. use rewind and play again use your commons ;) heh.

Lesson 1

absolutely! always treat each moving vehicle/person/object (truck, car, bike, person, etc.) as hostile! We call those who drive car/truck/suv/etc as "cager"

you do that - you'll get to live another day to ride :cool2:

ssshhhhiiiieeeeettttt i ain't doing that since rear brake is the weakest and it will get locked up... which means you'll be low-sliding. yike! My bike has ABS so I don't have to worry about my brakes getting locked up :cool2:

just slam both brakes + clutch at same time as fast as you can and tightly!! :-o and don't forget to squeeze your legs to "hug" tightly with the bike in order to maintain stability cuz your bike will be wobbling due to hard braking. and..... well - hope for the best!

1. while Endemic is gracious enough to give you ya'all videos... please please do take MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation)
2. do please try to go ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) - see example pix below
3. ENJOY! RIDE SAFE AND FAST! :cool2:

3214_726921466479_8825246_45277514_6947039_n.jpg

(One protective gear's missing - armored boots) - in the pix, I'm just wearing Timberland Leather boots.... which provides a very minimal protection

• I know these protective gear are $$$$$$$$ but just keep in mind that it's still cheaper than hospital bill and you can wear same gear for rest of your life (unless it's worn away but it usually last several years).
  • I also understand the fact that it's $$$$$ so I don't really expect most of you to go ATGATT. I simply ask you to LISTEN to your instinct. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, DON'T DO IT. If your gut's not feeling good about certain thing - DON'T DO IT.

Jiro, Thank you for all your hints and everything but too bad i already have them in my brain. heh heh Yeah definitely take a MSF Class. It's good thing that i will explains/shows before they take a class like deaf people knows what they talking about if interpreter dont telling right things you know.. i get to be better to explain clearly before they take a class!

Thank you jiro again!

i rather to say CLEAN AND FAST! sounds better ;) haha.. later.

Anyone still interested in this? I have been asked How did i do it by deaf people lately in last 3 weeks.

Have grew up with dirt motorcycles. Fast was 68 mph in farm it fun ride.

How hard motorcycle test is?

I am think get license then drive motorcycle. But I think trike more safe but want hear opinion.

Awesome! That would be neat to learn from the video.... I know how to ride dirt bike, well it's old motorcycle that Dad got in the 70's... but I always wanted to learn how to ride the actual motorcycle and drive it in the streets instead of in the farm area.

Back