Do You Wanna Dance.....

Nancy

Reaction score
Do any of you know how to dance? I know how to dance a little bit myself. :) In the 1980s, during P.E. class, I had aerobics class and we had to learn this dance where we step forward, then go back one step, clap our hands, turn one side and repeat this steps, clap, then turn another side. :)
I did a slow dance with a boy in 8th grade once (he was a good friend of mine at the time) at the 8th Grade Prom, and I have danced by myself to songs like "Into the Groove", a 1985 song not too long ago. :)
Every time I play "Tequila", a 1950s song with mostly just music, I imagine myself dancing to that song. :)

When I was about 13-14 years old, I took lessons in "modern ballroom dancing." My instructors were a Russian couple who were professional dancers who escaped the Soviet Union. We learned traditional dances like the waltz and foxtrot. We learned the "hot" dances of the time such as the bossa nova, cha cha, and limbo. We learned "modern" (1960's) dances such as the twist, mash potato, monkey, and hitchhiker.

After my daughter was born (1973), I took belly dancing classes to get back into shape.

i dont particularly like to dance but ill slow dance if my date really wants to.

Oh yes, I love to dance. It is the best way to meet women to get a date/go out with them and it is excellent exercise to burn the fats or keep myself in good shape. And the best of the bestest: it is FUN!

As far I can dance:

Nightclub (my favorite)
Tango
Samba
Twist
Waltz
Viennese Waltz
Disco Hustle
Jive
Polka (Very, very simple dance. Even 6 years old can learn how to dance Polka)

Several years ago, my oldest cousin (he's a womanizer) offered me this advice when I asked him about how to get a woman to date. He simply responded, "Just learn how to dance". I took his advice to heart and begged my mother (I was a freshman in HS at that time) to let me sign up for dance lessons which she did. I signed up for different dance lessons as I stated above. At first, I hate to dance but I eventually fell in love with it. Nas and I had been dancing at different nightclubs (even in Sweden) during weekends.

I also took a lesson in Country Western dance and I HATED IT. I quitted in few days later. Nas knows how to dance Fujimusume (solo dance, it means young maiden becomes one with flower) and Para-Para (Japanese-style Club dance). More information about these japanese dances: A Short History of Dance in Japan.

Well, yes, Nancy, deaf schools have Proms and Homecoming dances just like any other school does. Many of us are very good dancers! When I was a student at the residential school myself we had a whole year of tapdancing!

For myself, I prefer to Line Dance. I think that is alot more fun. But I love to watch ballroom dancing on t.v.

i'd dance with u Nancy if u wanted.
00000068.gif

I am taking my dance class for the college for a credit-Jazz Modern. I enjoy my dance class for fun. :D

I'm not much of a dancer and I don't really like it that much, tho I like to watch them dance. I'm weird, :P

When I was younger I took ballet classes and then did Disco classes for two years. Also one of my friends can Salsa dance, she taught me some moves.

I dance a lot when I go out with my friends to nightclubs, it's good exercise!

i can dance
as my brother keeps say to his friends that i am the best dancer he ever dance with than any hearing girls he dance with

haha

Nancy said:
In the 1980s, during P.E. class, I had aerobics class and we had to learn this dance where we step forward, then go back one step, clap our hands, turn one side and repeat this steps, clap, then turn another side.

The Electric Slide maybe?

before i can dance but due my back, cant dance good.. oh well.. so i watch people dance.. hehe.

Back