Do you think that is an ethical....

lucidjen

Reaction score
I was researchin just a lil bit ago, found all this info and combined it.

The deaf population in America is like a small fish in a huge pond. [If you know the poem, "Fishtank", please give me a link to it] People's
ignorance is like a big shark in that pond and it would destroy everything
we value unprepared.

Deaf people including me, Lucidjen, have been through a lot of barriers,
oppressions, discriminations, and this battle is tough to beat, even we suffers.

You may wonder what oppression deaf people have faced in this world; there
are several examples. A medical technology, cochlear implants, is an example
of oppressing deaf people who have been exposed to deaf culture and American Sign Language. I understand that the doctors want to fix anything that is broken, which is their medical view, but they usually do research on a
certain people in order to gain a better understanding of the development of
the specific illness. Even I have a cochlear implant, I just wanted to hear. That's all.

My point is that if the doctors did some research on deaf people, then there
is no doubt that they have found reliable evidence that deaf people have
their own culture and language. Yet, they are continually in favor of
putting an implant in a child's inner ear.

Here's the question: Do you think that is an ethical thing for them to do despite their lack of respecting deaf culture and American Sign Language?

Do you realize that out of a doctor's medical school experience in university and in his/her study, he/she is only taught 5 minutes worth of Deaf Culture & Deaf Community and Deafness as a whole? :eek2:

Socrates said:
Do you realize that out of a doctor's medical school experience in university and in his/her study, he/she is only taught 5 minutes worth of Deaf Culture & Deaf Community and Deafness as a whole? :eek2:

That isn't enuff educations !!! It must be records in the history ! lol

Back