do you spank your child?

When I was a boy and was caught doing mischief my father kicked my sorry ass! I remember afterwards that the beating was so painful. I felt the belt lashings (or slipper slappings) on the bare skin of my body for days afterwards. One thing's for certain, I became a more discreet sinner (behavior-wise) and was caught fewer times.

Such punishment did not leave any lasting damage. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I dont have kids but when I have kids, I would spank my kids whenever they disobey me.

And in public school I always got paddled. Those school punishments really hurt bad! My gluteus maximus has never been the same since those brutal beatings. What a pack of A-Holes!

I experience it too back in junior high, and at the end of the school year, I did a revenge on the same Principal that used the paddle on me, I pulled down my pants and told the principal to kiss this. It was so funny you should see the look on his face, too bad he couldn't paddled me for that because it was the last day of school and it was time to go home. :P

Spanking is a hard subject for me because I grew up with abuse - when my father "spanked" me, it always involved bruises and sometimes bleeding.

I learned later on that spanking is not what he was doing, obviously.

So I'm leery with spanking - but I have done it on rare occasions such as when my daughter ran to the road and almost crossed it...and when she started to play with the stove. She was barely three but she STILL remembers those moments (she's six now)...she never ran across the road or played with the stove again.

My second daughter has a little stubborn streak. She's way too young to be spanked (I think they need to be at least three, and the spanking should never leave any kind of mark - it is more to shock and make a point than to hurt). Also you should never use any objects such as belts, spoons, wires, etc. I only use my hand. I'm good at keeping a low, calm tone and neutral facial expression when I explain why I do it, etc...but later I always, always cry when my oldest was not in the room. But I rather her experience a little shock and sting than to be hit by a car or burned by a stove...

Spanking is a hard subject for me because I grew up with abuse - when my father "spanked" me, it always involved bruises and sometimes bleeding.

I learned later on that spanking is not what he was doing, obviously.

So I'm leery with spanking - but I have done it on rare occasions such as when my daughter ran to the road and almost crossed it...and when she started to play with the stove. She was barely three but she STILL remembers those moments (she's six now)...she never ran across the road or played with the stove again.

My second daughter has a little stubborn streak. She's way too young to be spanked (I think they need to be at least three, and the spanking should never leave any kind of mark - it is more to shock and make a point than to hurt). Also you should never use any objects such as belts, spoons, wires, etc. I only use my hand. I'm good at keeping a low, calm tone and neutral facial expression when I explain why I do it, etc...but later I always, always cry when my oldest was not in the room. But I rather her experience a little shock and sting than to be hit by a car or burned by a stove...

Sheesh, what did your dad used? an object or something?

When I was little boy, I was a troublemaker (good memories hehe) anyway, when I got mad at my 2 brother when they teasing me I used to fight with my brothers. My dad told my brothers and me to stop fighting. I didn't listen to my dad. My dad got mad and took me to the garage. My dad told me to sit down.... he said " Do you know where you came from?" I told him where I was born in name of city. My dad said " No, you are from my balls and you listen what I said once, not few times!" he slapped my ass hard enough I obey him after what he said to me.... today I'm thankful my dad taught me to be a good man. Today kids in high school is completely diffrent than my high school years. Punk, gothic, gangs, many stupid kids gets involves in gang such as straight edge, juggalo, and diffrent names
Do you know why those kids won't listen to parent anymore because the school been preaching the kids that parent CAN'T spank and whatnot.... now my question is how the fuck can I discipline my kid??

Goths are non-violent by and large. And Straight Edge is a group that promotes no drugs, abstinence from sex until marriage, and non-violence.

Back