Do you remember your childhood?

A

Reaction score
Most of my friends tell me they don't remember anything in their childhood. I do remember alot of it. How about you? do you remember your childhood? Just curious.

Yes, I do...many good memories and of course some bad ones too...I can remmy back to the time I was 4 or 5 years old....(and that's a loooong time ago).

Yes, I remember quite a bit of my childhood. My first very vivid memory is the age of 3 when we were visiting my mother's sister's family in Black Hills, So. Dakota. Deadwood to be exact.

I blocked most of my childhood out of my head! My sister remind me of how dad hit me everyday! I wish I could forget my whole childhood! I would not wish it on a dog!

Hahaha...

I am in a never-ending pursuit trying to restore those experiences.

I am still not pulling a Michael Jackson though. :|

very few memories at all. Usually if I remember something it is cause someone tells me it happened over and over again, so I just agree. I had major surgery from an accident when I was 8 though so everything before and after it for a few years is pretty blurry.

I remember all the good times with my mother and all the wonderful things she taught me, including how to read and reason.

I remember all the bad times in the concentration camps for children our society calls "schools."

Very little in between.

I remember those good old days, enjoyed my childhood. ;) Earliest I remember I got my first HA at 3 and I refused to wear it. I guess I was embarrased to wear it cuz no one wears them. I remember my mother was telling me, mom worn glasses and I told her no, not same thing and still refused to wear it. I remember I sat on kitchen chair hours at babysitter's house and refused to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Finally few days later I decided to eat them. That was 2 and half years old. I do not remember being in hospital and became deaf. I do remember heard my mother's last voice I heard from her right before I became deaf. Of course I do not remember coming out of my mother's belly but I do remember felt so warm and dark inside of her belly. One friend of mine was telling me about camping trip and raccoon was walking over me today but I don't remember this camping trip. I guess my mind only allow me to remember them and not remember them. Oh well. I do not remember what I did 24 hours ago. grrr.

I can remember way back when I was about three or four. I was four years old when I got my first set of Hearing Aids.

I guess alot of us remember our hearing aids days.

My memories start by about age 5 or 6. Before that, I know only what I've been told by family. I also only have bits and pieces from ages 5-9, after that, it's easier.

And Glenn - I remember being very upset with my mother for my 6th birthday since she made my cake to resemble the moon. My birthday is July 20th.

I think what made it easier to remember is my mother took lots of pictures of us while we were growing up. From time to time we would go through the albums, while growing up so basically being reminded from time to time. :)

Hmm, most definitely. I remember it quite well and I gotta admit that my childhood was the best years of my life so far. :)

First memory of my life was when I was 6 months old. My parents didn't believe me until I told them what I remembered in detail.

It's strange that you never remember bad things from your childhood. I don't know where I've read it, and didn't believe, but when i tried to remember bad things that happened to me in my choldhood, its's impossible to remember them. I remember when my littlebrother was born and I was only two that time. My mother gave me little matchbox batmobile which she bought from Oulu. Don't remember when I got whip if I've done something bad. My mother told me, but I couldn't remember. I remember when I was playinh home and I was only 4-yo. Remember when gave a kiss to my neighbour girl and remember that it tasted mustard. She has mustard all over her cheeks. :giggle:

Back