Votes: 21 48.8%
  • I rent

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • I plan to buy

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
I live the same apartment for 9 years. My husband and I have been search a condo since October 2005 to now. No luckily for us to find one with reasonable price. Many bank approval my pre loan but my income does not meet the mortgage. It is very frustrating for us. :(

We continue to look around. State of Massachusetts housing is awful higher especially the property tax.

I did rather to pay the mortgage include insurance and tax.

When my last rental house was on foreclosure notice. I didn't want to have to do anything with this house and the landlord tried to sell his house to me by asking me to take over his mortgate. My answer was firmly "HELL NO!" This house isn't what I wanted and I refused to buy it. For several reasons, number one is marketablity, it got very bad marketablity area so I refused to take it. Can't afford that kind of risk. He gave up after maybe 8 times that he offered me. Anyway when I recieve the notice, I was very furious because I do want to wait on buying house few more years, but he made me move alot sooner than planned. At first, I checked the house rental around my area... Damn very high rent, plus I get to pay everything... then I decided to check on mortgage and house buying, I discovered it is really cheaper to buy than rent! I ended up gone for it and almost bought one house, but glad my gut telling me NO, wrong house after found some serious defects in that house. I finally bought a foreclosed house at dirty cheap. Now its almost 4 years that I have lived here. :fu2: @ Landlords!

We own.

off-topic here, but ANGEL i LOVE your new avatar! GORGEOUS!

Currently rent until we feel God calling us to settle down and stay at house somewhere. . :)

Might even consider Bible college one day. . So prefer to be available to move out at lease end than be stuck with hoping for house to sell or even let someone rent my house until someone else interested in buying it. .

Would love to have a house but right now doesnt feel right time yet. . :) God's still working on us and leading us somewhere. .

I rent the apartment in a dense neighborhood of Seattle.

I own a house but I am renting it as I had moved to another location. Right now I am living in a rented apartment.

Hmm. I don't pay rent. I don't own any house (yet). But I do live in a house.
It is a deal cut between my mother and me since I cannot afford to rent some apartment in *SAN DIEGO* (average monthly rent for SD is 1,400$) on my own. My mother doesn't want me to roomate with the Deaf people my age (I don't want to either-- I am not a party girl... and it might will need 4 people to rent two bedroom apt to afford the rent!) so we ended up cutting a deal so I can stay at a stable household while attending my university (I wasn't happy but I knew it will be better for me in a long run).

Once I graduate with a degree, I will start to look for an apartment/condo/townhouse to live in just to get my life going! I want to pick out my own furinate, paint the walls the color I want, et cetera...
I could move in with my in-laws but they live in a semi-rural area-- Me not happy in the country! The in-laws like to live CLOSE to each other. My brother-in-law lives five feet away from his wife's mother. So... YIKES!

After I move back from the East Coast, I definitely will buy a house (or WHILE I live in East Coast... the RE bubble has beginning to burst in SAn Diego's market... FINALLY the house will come down to a reasonable price *avg price of a three-bedroom condo: 600,000$*.. imagine what a house costs!)

I own a house, plan to sell and plan to buy. Owned a house for 10 years, time to sell house and buy a house where there is a good school system (public school) for my girls. Our girls now are in private school - very expensive!!

Back