Do you miss....

I miss my brother's white Fiat Spyder. What I do not miss is the car's ability to break down at some pretty inconvenient times. :P He used to drive me while we listened to Rock and Roll either to VA Beach or to William and Mary in Williamsburg in his car.

1975-fiat-spider.jpg

Fiat 124 Spyder....

I miss my brother's white Fiat Spyder. What I do not miss is the car's ability to break down at some pretty inconvenient times. :P He used to drive me while we listened to Rock and Roll either to VA Beach or to William and Mary in Williamsburg in his car.

1975-fiat-spider.jpg

My parent's first car was FIAT.

FIAT = Fix It Again,Tony!

Did anyone remember Triumph TR-7? Small car with aluminuim V8?? I read that it is very hyper car. Seller wrote on ad that it spins tires if you tried to accelerate a little. I was trying to buy one for $500 and someone bought it before me grrr!!

Catty

I miss the bench seats in front. Very handy when my boyfriend and I used to go down to the lake to "watch the submarine races." :giggle:

Did anyone remember Triumph TR-7? Small car with aluminuim V8?? I read that it is very hyper car. Seller wrote on ad that it spins tires if you tried to accelerate a little. I was trying to buy one for $500 and someone bought it before me grrr!!

Catty

I almost purchase a 1970 Triumph TR6 but diverted to purchased a 71 Alfa Romeo GTV. Yes, Ford 289 or 302 V8 in a TR7 I think. I've been driving a 1965 or 66 Sunbeam Tiger (I can't remember)for road test last 7 years ago at a service station after replaced water pump and T/C gasket (Ford 289 V8). Good pretty power. I didn't abuse it, took easy with this car cuz the customer who restored it himself. I want $500 for a clean TR6...

I miss all those bench seats. I sat in the middle a lot as a kid. 1984 Buick Century, 1977 Impala wagon, 1978 Malibu wagon, 1979 Cherokee, 1983 Grand Marquis.....I would go on and on.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I've a potential buyer coming for my 1977 Caprice wagon. I'll be sad when it is gone, but it is the right thing to do.

I miss all those bench seats. I sat in the middle a lot as a kid. 1984 Buick Century, 1977 Impala wagon, 1978 Malibu wagon, 1979 Cherokee, 1983 Grand Marquis.....I would go on and on.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I've a potential buyer coming for my 1977 Caprice wagon. I'll be sad when it is gone, but it is the right thing to do.

Yup, missed my 1967 Chevy C10 pickup truck with bench seat. It can fit 5 people.

Catty

I miss ye-ole 1970's Ford F-100 6 Cyl (I think) where you literally can stand inside the engine compartment.

I miss the simplity of the radio, climate controls in older cars. In today cars, some of them are hard to read, complicated, hard to reach and all that shit. Older cars, you can change to any stereo you want instead of the built in ones in newer cars.

I miss my Mustang and Camaro.But :giggle:....there comes a time when you gotta think and say...the hot-rod days are over, rockin'....(remembering all those speeding tickets I got also)...so I jump into my Continental, so careful backing out of the drive way since it's a big car, but an "appropriate" one for me (as my sons say!)....Still love/miss the stick shifts tho'....

i dont have to sell my car since i can get a new motors anyway and i miss what i have, 84 honda crx 1.5i with a EW1 (d15??) for a worth 600 bucks in salem, portland. anyway and last thing is i miss one more is....GAS price was cheaper!

I miss my old 1976 honda civic and 1974 chevy blazer ( with roof take off).

I miss Ford Bronco that they stop made in 1996

And Excursion too they stop in 2006 I believed.

I miss Ford Bronco that they stop made in 1996

And Excursion too they stop in 2006 I believed.

My uncle had a 1966-1977 Bronco in red. I don't remember the exact year, but I would see it when I would visit my uncle in Arkansas. I miss it!!!

Variable Venturi Carburetor? I think you talks about it. All the 4 barrel carburetors with fixed venturis, have primary throttle plates for idling or cruising and secondary throttle plates for WOT...

Thinking back on it.............dating myself here, if you were running manual secondaries instead of vacuum secondaries, yeah, one hair pin and the linkage drops out. That would make it effectively a two barrel carb, but that would also mean that your advance curve on the distributor would be off. Either way, it would not be hard to do.

Depending on the tune/timing, it would probably run kinda like snot on the 2 barrel side. Good for easy driving but not near enough air/fuel for high rpm driving. Not a terribly bad thing if you have a freshman driver in the house. Especially one who like to pin the throttle.

Just a thought.

Other thing that I really miss is that back in 1993-1994, my Grandpa had a 1971 240Z that he used to teach me to drive a stick with. I was 16-17 at the time. It was radically cool to have. They don't make one like that now. Yes, they still make cute small sport cars now, but that 240Z was in class of itself.

Other thing that I really miss is that back in 1993-1994, my Grandpa had a 1971 240Z that he used to teach me to drive a stick with. I was 16-17 at the time. It was radically cool to have. They don't make one like that now. Yes, they still make cute small sport cars now, but that 240Z was in class of itself.

Oh heck yeah, the 240's ? Pure sex back in the day. Then the 260, I THINK the 260 had a 6cyl and the 240 had a 4 ? I do not know that for sure.

Cool cars and ones you do not see many of any longer.

Back