Do you love to live in the state?

I was born and partially raised in Indiana, moved to Kentucky during my teen years and lived in Washington, DC during my college years. I've done a lot of traveling across the United States. Each states has it's own pros and cons.

Indiana/Kentucky are pretty much similar although Kentucky's wet climate is a bit more dense.

If I had my choice, I'd head to the west coast because the climate is dry and has little humid. Although, the air in the west is thinner than it is here.

the air in the west is thinner than it is here.

I have been in west coast for 5 years. Most place are not thinner air unless you go higher as mountain like 7,000 feet or higher make you harder breath (too much Yuck)

Sometime, I have been in Bogota, Colombia. First time for people visit at Bogota. Some people has problem to breath and dizzy by thinner air. Bogota is pretty higher as 8500 feet above from Sea Level.

Bogota is most dangerous cities than anywhere in the USA.

San Diego is expensive but the climate is the most beautiful. I enjoyed the weather when I lived there.

It has always been my dream to live in San Diego growing up. Still want to live there but I am not a millionaire. :(

I have been in west coast for 5 years. Most place are not thinner air unless you go higher as mountain like 7,000 feet or higher make you harder breath (too much Yuck)

Sometime, I have been in Bogota, Colombia. First time for people visit at Bogota. Some people has problem to breath and dizzy by thinner air. Bogota is pretty higher as 8500 feet above from Sea Level.

That's correct. The higher you go, the thinner the air is. When I went to higher elevation in Colorado and in Utah, you could notice loss of power with your car and a hard time breathing at around 10,000 to 11,000 ft elevation where there's a small mountain pass exist.

With a Dad who was a salesman and a husband who had a career in the military, I have lived in many states and have been to the Phillipines. I would have to say my favorite state (place) is Minnesota. If I had a choice, I would go back. Although I have not hated where I have lived (NY, Mass, Iowa, Minn
S.C., N.C. AK, NE, and PI), Minnesota is where my heart lies (and most of my family, too). When my hubby retired from the military, he wanted to move close to his family, so we came to NC. After 17 years, this is home as this is where my children now have lives. I could not bear to be that far away from them, nor my grandchild.

With a Dad who was a salesman and a husband who had a career in the military, I have lived in many states and have been to the Phillipines. I would have to say my favorite state (place) is Minnesota. If I had a choice, I would go back. Although I have not hated where I have lived (NY, Mass, Iowa, Minn
S.C., N.C. AK, NE, and PI), Minnesota is where my heart lies (and most of my family, too). When my hubby retired from the military, he wanted to move close to his family, so we came to NC. After 17 years, this is home as this is where my children now have lives. I could not bear to be that far away from them, nor my grandchild.

You're so lucky! I wish I would move many different states. But I will because of my husband. :)

You're so lucky! I wish I would move many different states.

One of my best old friend from outside from South Seattle. She told me that she was not pleasure to moved many different place in Seattle Area. Everytime package and move to other rental house or apt.

I can't remember how many time she & her mom moved. Maybe. 18 times in 20 years. NO FUN TO PACKAGE & MOVE to other place.

I have been in 40 states include Hawaii, Europe(Holland to Yugo), Canada (Nova Scotie to BC include island), Mexico, Cayman Island (near to Cuba), South America.

Yes, I grew up from East Coast. Then, I lived in Seattle for 5 years. So, I visited my friends in west coast. Then, I lived in Rochester, NY for 4 years. So, I had some chance to visit in some states which I never been there. Got married my wife from Italy. So, we lived near to Venice, Italy for 6 months. Last Sunday, my wife came home from Venice, Italy.

Colorado!

I grew up all my life here in Colorado. Yes i had been moving to few cities. Right now I am living in small town which I LOVE THAT!

I won't move out of state since all of my families living here in Colorado.

Maybe someday (retirement) my husband and I would like to move to mountains (building the cabin or buy the cabin there). Who knows!

That's correct. The higher you go, the thinner the air is. When I went to higher elevation in Colorado and in Utah, you could notice loss of power with your car and a hard time breathing at around 10,000 to 11,000 ft elevation where there's a small mountain pass exist.

That's why... my first time experience at Mt Rainier. After 7,000 feet higher, made me lot yawn as often... I learned something about higher elevation & thinner air.

Later, I get used to ski at Crystal Ski (near Mt Rainier), Mt Baker Ski, Steven Pass and Snoq pass. Also, Blackcomb & Mt Whister at BC Canada. Also, I was ski staff. My ski staff called me nick name "Suicide Ski". That's our time. they do not have X-Game. I would say thank to Evel Knievel.

Anyway, I love to watch Mt Rainier from Seattle. Beautiful!!!!
During winter, I love to watch Cascade when it is clear sky... WOW Beautiful!!!

Oh yeah! That's true. I don't like to move too much. Just few time. It depend on my husband's new job. I never move to other states in my whole life. I am glad to hear your experience about moved a lot and no fun to package stuff. I can tell that make you stress out and changed a new address and etc.

Do you like to live in Europe? I love to travel around the world.

One of my best old friend from outside from South Seattle. She told me that she was not pleasure to moved many different place in Seattle Area. Everytime package and move to other rental house or apt.

I can't remember how many time she & her mom moved. Maybe. 18 times in 20 years. NO FUN TO PACKAGE & MOVE to other place.

I have been in 40 states include Hawaii, Europe(Holland to Yugo), Canada (Nova Scotie to BC include island), Mexico, Cayman Island (near to Cuba), South America.

Yes, I grew up from East Coast. Then, I lived in Seattle for 5 years. So, I visited my friends in west coast. Then, I lived in Rochester, NY for 4 years. So, I had some chance to visit in some states which I never been there. Got married my wife from Italy. So, we lived near to Venice, Italy for 6 months. Last Sunday, my wife came home from Venice, Italy.

While it is true that packing and moving is no fun, and can be downright expensive, meeting new people and exploring new places was really fun. That was all when I was younger though and I have lived where I am now for the past 17 years and don't care to move again. For right now, it is nice to have people that know me, even though they see me differently since my hearing loss. It is still a safety net and a comfort.

Do you like to live in Europe?

Yes, I wish to live there little more time. One thing, I am Deaf and USA citizens. And, I have little know in Italian (maybe 5000 words in italian, 3000 words in spanish and 500 words in French). I could read but not very good write in italian. Not easier to find job at near Venice, Italy.

They do not have Closed Caption in english. Just go out to movie. They have caption in italian (any film from USA or other countries).

Last Sunday, my wife came home from Venice. She said expensive everuthings like food, drink, everythings and very very very expensive at restaurant. Cheaper in USA for food and gas.

I love to travel around the world.

Me too, If, you saw movie "Jumper". I wish that I can like that movie. Fast travel from place to place.

Yeah, I'm aware that the air is thinner in higher places like mountains, etc. I was trying to say that the air that is compared here and in the west is quite different. Maybe I have defined it in a wrong way. I am able to breathe easily in both places. The air here, to me, seems to be moist while it is dry in the west coast.

I really want to go Italy someday. Is Italy expensive for everything? Ouch! Do you like live in Washington now?

No I never watch the movie "Jumper" before. I will check it it out at The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

Yes, I wish to live there little more time. One thing, I am Deaf and USA citizens. And, I have little know in Italian (maybe 5000 words in italian, 3000 words in spanish and 500 words in French). I could read but not very good write in italian. Not easier to find job at near Venice, Italy.

They do not have Closed Caption in english. Just go out to movie. They have caption in italian (any film from USA or other countries).

Last Sunday, my wife came home from Venice. She said expensive everuthings like food, drink, everythings and very very very expensive at restaurant. Cheaper in USA for food and gas.

Me too, If, you saw movie "Jumper". I wish that I can like that movie. Fast travel from place to place.

Yeah, I'm aware that the air is thinner in higher places like mountains, etc. I was trying to say that the air that is compared here and in the west is quite different. Maybe I have defined it in a wrong way. I am able to breathe easily in both places. The air here, to me, seems to be moist while it is dry in the west coast.

Really?? I didn't know that. Are you comfortable to live close to the mountains? My mom told me when she was young adult with her first son. They went to Wyoming for vacation. My brother had a trouble with breath at mountain air. She took him to ER. He got an oxygen.

I have a question. If I live near in city and mountains. It will cause make me hard to breath? I just curious. Because I love to view the mountains!

Weird, but I've never had problems with travel anywhere in the world from sea level to the mountains and vice versa, not even in the Rockies or in Colombia. Just Ecuador. I think it's becuase we'd fly into Manta--a seaport city straight from Miami then over to Quito up in the mountains in a couple hours and then back to Miami. I got sick few times BUT I also learned that if I went easy on my diet and slept good while on schedule--I'm good. On flight straight into the mountains, no problem. I think it's just the MIA-Manta-QUI-MIA route that got me sick. Dense sea air to thin mountain air in less than an hour or so.

I've been in Bogota many times. The military there can be dumb fools but dangerous too.

Really?? I didn't know that. Are you comfortable to live close to the mountains? My mom told me when she was young adult with her first son. They went to Wyoming for vacation. My brother had a trouble with breath at mountain air. She took him to ER. He got an oxygen.

I have a question. If I live near in city and mountains. It will cause make me hard to breath? I just curious. Because I love to view the mountains!

When you acclimate yourself by moving to a city up in the mountains, you may be okay. It just takes time to get used to. On a skiing trip to CO, one of our friend had serious altitude sickness and had to go to a doctor. Rest of us were all good.

While it is true that packing and moving is no fun, and can be downright expensive
That's why I'm a minimalist and I buy inexpensive (but comfortable) furniture. Gotta love IKEA & Home Depot and I usually build my own stuff like table and shelf. I can pack everything and disappear in just few hours.

That's why I'm a minimalist and I buy inexpensive (but comfortable) furniture. Gotta love IKEA & Home Depot and I usually build my own stuff like table and shelf. I can pack everything and disappear in just few hours.

you're same as my husband is a minimalist and simplslist. I love go to Ikea! I wish they have in my hometown and state. That's suck! I like build my own stuff either. It sound you're same as my husband's way. He rather build his own stuff either. LoL That's why we are getting organize our stuff and ready for move out of state in future.

Back