• I hate it

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I have really no idea

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
sr171soars said:
The ^ represents exponents (as in X to the Nth power). It should look something like this Xn (with the n higher than the X but the n smaller in size) on your calculator. Most decent ones have that...unless it is a very simple one.

I have a very simple one with me :D

Yeah, I like math only in basic, just simple one -- but, really I am not 100% very good at it. Oh, well ....

Y said:
I have a very simple one with me :D

Er...you can still use the windoze scientific calculator on your desktop or laptop. If you have any flavor of linux, they have calculators too.

sr171soars said:
Er...you can still use the windoze scientific calculator on your desktop or laptop. If you have any flavor of linux, they have calculators too.

Where can I get one? The only one I know about is the 4-function calculator that is built into Windows.

Levonian said:
Where can I get one? The only one I know about is the 4-function calculator that is built into Windows.
In the Calculator program, select the top menu item, 'View', and then select 'Scientific' in the submenu.

Wow I am shocked ! After I tried this calculator (scientific)
on this desktop, I just got this exact answer:

That means I pay $795.64 in year 2031 (25 years later !)
as compared to today $380
Wow...

Thanks to All !! AWESOME !!!

Reason why I am so shocked because I actually
thought that 3 percent is a very small amount but
I was wrong especially in the long term ahead...
Again thanks !!!
:thumb:

Lol, Kalboy. I loved that piece!

By the way, for those of you talking about calculators and money, try the Texas Instruments Business Analyst II Plus:

ba2plus-newstyle.gif

The calculator is about thirty bucks and it'll do most of your basic financial math for you. You just punch in numbers and tell the calculator to solve. Life is easy. ;)

Math like calculus irritates me because I see no point in it at all...I loathe doing it and seeing a 10 page math problem terrifies me...I use the "other" side of my brain" more anyways..I'm artsy and love to read and write.

I like math, because I enjoy solving difficult math problems. I already took Trignometry, Pre-calculus, and Calculus courses at a college. However, I forgot little bit, because I haven't solved difficult math problems for about 10 years. I am thinking about taking a Calculus refresher course someday...

Back