Do you like and dislike during pregnancy?

Pinky

Reaction score
In my thought about pregnancy. This is my first time experience during pregnancy. I'm third trimester now. I have 8 to 9 weeks left to go!
The thread is welcome for experience during pregnancy and past pregnancy only.

What is your like and dislike??

Like:

feel my baby's movements
baby's hiccups
ultrasounds with big flat screen tv
baby's heartbeat
extra rest with cozy pillow and full recliner chair
take nap
eat well
must take prenatal vitamins supplement daily
fashion maternity clothes
think positive
do scrapbook for baby
baby shower party

Dislike:
Nausea
morning sickness in first trimester
heartburn
gas
nosebleeds
gum bleed from toothbrush
uterus get stretch to pain
backache
hips aches
smell sensitive
craving to weird food
discomfort in sleep position on sides and can't sleep to lay on back
get out of bed and belly pain
calves cramps in bed and get up
clothes get tight to maternity
maternity's pant with stretch cover the belly make not comfort
Moody swing sometime
Can't do trim my toenails and let somebody do it for me because of hips and legs can get hurt
limited on nutrition like can't eat shellfish, some seafoods and drink alcohol
limited on caffeine of coffee and tea
sick

will add more.

LOL! I have never loved being pregnant twice! However I do want to have my blooded children therefore I was stuck by getting pregnant twice. Needless to say, that i am so relieved that my pregnancy with babies were doing well. Sorry if my talking sounds so negetively comments about pregnancy.

edit to add:

While I was pregnant with my girl, and I was always craving a mint cc ice cream and I was pregnant with my boy, i was always craving a beef group.

With my pregnancies, I often didn't feel so good only in the begining of the first trimester from having lots of morning sickness and nauseas, uncomfortable and felt so limited.

Last edited:
I LOVED being pregnant :) no morning sickness or extreme discomfort, I merely had cravings for healthy food.. including milk, I almost overdosed on the calcium O_O

Other than the weight gain, I have no complaints about carrying a child. It was definitely a memorable experience.

BUT it is the postnatal process that is dreadful, healing from the emergency c-section was purely hell. Ouch! I still flinch when I think about the 7 month recuperation :( but my son was worth every stitch and every pound ;)

Hope I didn't scare the pregnant members on AD lol

I didn't complain much during my pregnancy journey -- I had very good pregnancy....
The only thing i didn't like is morning sickness -- I only had one MORNING sickness with 1 BILE..... then after that im all new again but did lose some apipetie for a bit -- 36th week i had my feet swollen but I did rest some yet im stubborn to keep my feet up all the times LOL.... I love my daughter Kaylynn :)

What is your like and dislike??

Like:

feel my baby's movements
baby's hiccups
ultrasounds
baby's heartbeat
extra rest
take nap
eat well
think positive
baby shower party
Beautiful hair
clear skin
pedicures
epidural

Dislike:
must take prenatal vitamins supplement daily
Nausea
all day 'morning sickness' in first trimester
heartburn
nosebleeds
gum bleed from toothbrush
uterus get stretch to pain
backache
hips aches
smell sensitive
craving to weird food
get out of bed and belly pain
Moody swing all the time
Can't do trim my toenails and let somebody do it for me because of hips and legs can get hurt
limited on nutrition like can't eat shellfish, some seafoods and drink alcohol
limited on caffeine of coffee and tea (coffee smelled & tasted like DIRT :( )
sick
Lower leg swelling (pitting edema)
HORRIBLE Back Braxton-Hicks contractions
Stupid OB/GYN interns that didn't do too well on their exams (he told me that most women bag of waters break in a gush. I was leaking and he sent me home
heart palpitations
Fainting
going into labor at 6 months due to dehydration (jealous assistant manager)

I had many bad things happen during my pregnancy...and since I had my son I have found that most of them were life threatening. to myself or my son.
#1 pitting edema- I found out that that is a sign of pre-eclampsia.
#2 I was leaking amniotic fluid for 4 days before delivering my son. I began leaking on a Sunday evening, went the ER early Monday morning and was told like a child that I should go home and not come back until my water breaks. We switched hospitals after that. I was induced on Tuesday evening and had him at 1:21am on his due date.
#3 heart palpitations - another sign of pre-eclampsia
#4 large baby- gestational diabetes my son was 10 lbs 9oz & 23 1/2" long at birth I have been told that I would not have been given the option of having a vaginal delivery had they known he was THAT big.

I loved my pregnancy for most parts as I did not get any morning sickness, and I loved the feeling of the baby kicking and moving. Also I loved having clear skin and shinny hair. Also loved that the fact I didn't have to deal with monthy time for 9 months (while I was pregnant)

However I hated that I gainned alot of weight, had high blood pressure @ end of pregnancy, hated that I was in 3 days labor, hated the afterbirth pain, hated the heartburn, hated not being able to tie my own shoes since I couldn't see my feet for four months. Didn't like the backaches, the mood swings, couldn't have coffee for 9 months, having to go to the bathroom all the time.

The main thing I did not like was the fact it made my taste buds all weird!!

I could not eat beef or pork. No matter how hard I tried! I gagged to the site of it!

A few weeks after I had my son. I ate a huge porterhouse steak! Yummy!

I LOVED being pregnant :) no morning sickness or extreme discomfort, I merely had cravings for healthy food.. including milk, I almost overdosed on the calcium O_O

Other than the weight gain, I have no complaints about carrying a child. It was definitely a memorable experience.

BUT it is the postnatal process that is dreadful, healing from the emergency c-section was purely hell. Ouch! I still flinch when I think about the 7 month recuperation :( but my son was worth every stitch and every pound ;)

Nah! I'm open mind and learning. I am nervous during deliver but worth to have a beautiful son. :)

No worries. I think it's a good preparation for the new mommies. I had an urge to got a csection after my girl's heartbeats dropped little. Glad she's here with me. =)

i had c section too.......... my contractions did not increase stronger -- my baby heartbeat did dropped a little then decide to put internal heartbeat tube on my daughter and it was back to normal yet they're puzzled why i dont feel any pains and only had felt lots of pressure.

My 1st and 2nd pregnancy are totally different!

1st pregnancy, just emotional and easy but tough delivery, 13 hrs labor and no drug. 9 lbs 13 oz. With 2nd about 9 hrs and contractions kept stalling during delivery for about 2 and half hrs and finally Z is out of me! :) 9 lbs 5 oz, and had epidural. BOY! I was so itchy from epidural!

Love:

feel movements
hiccups
ultrasounds
feel baby's heartbeat thru the Doppler

Hate:
feeling so tired
swollen feet (really bad when i was in OBX!)
a bit sick
cannot stand smell cooking oil! (with 2nd pregnancy)
pain in pelvic (2nd pregnancy)
blood work
IV (so annoying!)
positive for diabetes (it went away few hrs I had Z) and dislake take medication for it. :(
there are some more but cannot think lol!

LOL I had women tell me horror stories of long & difficult labors with their first child. My labor was only 5hrs and 41 minutes long. I was induced at 7:30pm and had my son at 1:21am.
BUT I was having HORRID Braxton-Hicks contractions located in my back for almost a month. I was in and out of the ER every weekend.

I forget to add some.

My dislike:

blood work
go to bathroom back and fourth a lot!
fart a lot. Isn't everybody of women pregnancy do farts a lot???? LoL
can't stand to smell bleach, heavy smoking cigarettes in social
stress out cause not feel good and get headache

I want to tell you the odd. I haven't get any bad stretch marks yet. Because I always put cocoa butter lotion on my belly, back, butt and hips twice times daily. My belly is still beautiful and cute expect old scar from gallbladder surgery on the right side.

The biggest test I hated was the glucose test. OMG... after that I was sicker than a dog...

but all was good because I tested negative for having diabetics while pregnant.

The biggest test I hated was the glucose test. OMG... after that I was sicker than a dog...

I took this test last week on Monday. The lab haven't call about my result. My next appointment is on Monday for another vaccine of RH to protect my blood type from my baby's blood type. Ugh! I hate the needles!

I took this test last week on Monday. The lab haven't call about my result. My next appointment is on Monday for another vaccine of RH to protect my blood type from my baby's blood type. Ugh! I hate the needles!

Ewwww, I remember the RH shot.. yuck, my blood type is O negative. I wonder if I will need another shot for my next pregnancy?? :hmm: Oh well, I have at least another 5ish years to figure it out.

Yes you will need shots no matter what. :(

Ewwww, I remember the RH shot.. yuck, my blood type is O negative. I wonder if I will need another shot for my next pregnancy?? :hmm: Oh well, I have at least another 5ish years to figure it out.

That too! I hated it! I had 1st one and 2nd one...failed grrrrrrrrrr! So with 3rd I hope NOTHING! I don't want to go through with medication to control the sugar.

Only Dislike..

went to bathroom often!
Hiccup!!

I know. I have to! I hate shot with needles. That is life! The important to protect from mixes the blood type.

Back