Do you have "The Mirrors" disease?

MintyOreo

Reaction score
I just HAVE to post this. It made my day! :giggle:

I was just having a conversation with my brother a few minutes ago. (He's 14 years old and Hearing.) He wanted to know what happened when I went to the ENT yesterday, so I told him. I mentioned something about my Meniere's disease to him. He made this funny facial expression, and was like "Wait... you have The Mirrors disease?!? What's that? Is it serious?"

I looked at him and asked him to repeat, coz I thought that I didn't hear him right. He got a piece of paper and a pen and wrote what he said - "The Mirrors disease" - on it.

I held my giggles and kept my composure as I quickly came up with something to say in response. I said "The Mirrors disease? Oh yes, I have that. It's a disease where you cannot look into the mirror, or else you will turn into a vampire, crave human blood, and start crying jelly beans instead of tears. It's quite a serious disease. You can never go out in the sun, look in the mirror, or do any kind of math, or else your head will swell up and explode, and you will die."

I was being sarcastic, and I wanted to see what his reaction would be. The poor kid is soooo gullible. (I'll admit, I torment him sometimes :naughty: )

You know what his reaction was? He said, with a completely serious and excited face "Oh, cool! I want The Mirrors disease! That's awesome!"

Now he won't quit talking about how much he wants The Mirrors disease! What's funny is that he has noooo clue that I said Meniere's disease, and he won't be quiet for 10 seconds so that I can tell him and explain.

:laugh2: :naughty: :lol:

That's funny!

Some people are so gullible.

I've done similar things to freshmen when I was in RIT. :)

There's a big rock halfway down the hill at the Quarter Mile (the bridge between the gym and SAU). It's a popular rock where Greek and non-Greek organizations paint things on it. The school has no objections with that particular rock being painted. The rock itself is HUGE!

Anyways, what I usually tell freshmen is that the rock used to be the size of a baskeball years ago and as more people painted over it, the paint layered over and over to a point where the rock became HUGE. Almost all of them stand there with their jaws wide open and with amazement. Hehehe!

That is funny!!!

On another note, I've had several hearing people (all grew up in the woods) ask me if I was born "death". They don't get it when I say "No, I am not the Grim Reaper".

That is funny. Yeah, my wife is very gullible, she believe me in everything cuz she know that I'm genius and always give her a factual answers. I'm trying to remember the most memorial and funniest moment... oh gosh..I'm getting old. I'll bring it up once I remember it.

That's funny!

Some people are so gullible.

I've done similar things to freshmen when I was in RIT. :)

There's a big rock halfway down the hill at the Quarter Mile (the bridge between the gym and SAU). It's a popular rock where Greek and non-Greek organizations paint things on it. The school has no objections with that particular rock being painted. The rock itself is HUGE!

Anyways, what I usually tell freshmen is that the rock used to be the size of a baskeball years ago and as more people painted over it, the paint layered over and over to a point where the rock became HUGE. Almost all of them stand there with their jaws wide open and with amazement. Hehehe!

Oh...the Quarter Mile walk.... I have too many stories to say... have you heard "Jesus Parking lot"? <grin>

That is funny!!!

On another note, I've had several hearing people (all grew up in the woods) ask me if I was born "death". They don't get it when I say "No, I am not the Grim Reaper".

Oh my yes, people ask me if I was born "death" or if I became "death" later on. I guess it's just part of the Pennsylvania Deutsch (German) dialect around my area. We have funny ways of pronouncing things, haha.

I have a lot of possible responses to that question, including the Grim Reaper response, but one of my favorites is "Do I look like a zombie to you? *starts walking around like a zombie* I'M THE LIIIVVVVVIIINNNGGG DEEEEAAADDDD..." :laugh2:

It's hilarious coz not many hearing people get the joke. They don't get the difference between "deaf" and "death". And I've had people who get confused and say things like "What do zombies have to do with being death?". Then I start laughing, and they just don't get it.

I call it REVENGE. They won't let me in on their jokes... so I don't let them in on MY jokes! :naughty:

Hearing people are fun to mess with sometimes :giggle:

By the way, I'm not ALWAYS mean to hearing people. Just sometimes... *wink*

I just love practical jokes.
I am a hearing professional and see loads of really great people.
My favourite is, after testing someone's hearing is to slowly and seriously remove my glasses, look them in the eye and with all sincerity tell them that the results indicate they have an advanced case of TNH.
Their jaw always drops and with trembling voice they always say.'Oh, what's that and how serious is it?'
Still looking serious and with a straight face I say......'There's No Hope' and smile.
It always ends in laughter and breaks the ice. I can confidently say, 'my patients are my friends'.
regards
Live life to the full - cos your a long time dead!

Jesus Parking lot? No, I don't think I have. Please tell. :shock:

Each parking lot goes by the letter, Lot A, Lot B and so on. There's one parking area is "J" lot which is the farthest of all. Also this "J" lot also use for student who didn't pay monthly parking fee or expired tags, the will tow it to the "J" lot. So, every students hate to go there because during the winter, Rochester get lot of snow and it's very difficult to walk all the way out there. So everyone call it Jesus lot, everyone have to carry heavy back pack and walking in the cold winter to reach it there. So that's how the story goes.

Was feeling bad one day, and my hearing neighbor asked..."What's wrong?...you look sick"...and I said..."it's just this dang ear-in-fucktion"...

I just love practical jokes.
I am a hearing professional and see loads of really great people.
My favourite is, after testing someone's hearing is to slowly and seriously remove my glasses, look them in the eye and with all sincerity tell them that the results indicate they have an advanced case of TNH.
Their jaw always drops and with trembling voice they always say.'Oh, what's that and how serious is it?'
Still looking serious and with a straight face I say......'There's No Hope' and smile.
It always ends in laughter and breaks the ice. I can confidently say, 'my patients are my friends'.
regards
Live life to the full - cos your a long time dead!

Haha, that's funny. The person who tests my hearing usually does the same thing to me. She gets me worried for a minute, then I realize what's going on and we both smile and laugh. It's good to have fun with your patients. It makes me feel more at ease and relaxed. I'm sure that a lot of people feel the same way. (Unless you have a serious no-fun-sir type person.)

That is funny!!!

I say, "How are you able to see me and talk to me? I'm dead..."

Back