Do you have superpowers?

eirlys

Reaction score
Just a silly post since the fans and air conditioners aren't killing the tinnitus and I can't sleep.

You know they say that when you lose one sense.. other senses make up for it?

My superpower is smell (unfortunately). I have a super sensitive nose. I can smell my neighbors smoking in their apartment. I regularly track down offensive smells that noone else can find. My boyfriend is always paranoid about smelling bad (he always smells good) because he's afraid I will pick up on it.

As far as the boyfriend.. he's one of those odd people who can kind of sense other people. He knows when I walk into a room even if he doesn't see or hear me. He feels people coming around corners. It's just.. disconcerting lol.

Why can't I fly? :( :giggle:

Just a silly post since the fans and air conditioners aren't killing the tinnitus and I can't sleep.

You know they say that when you lose one sense.. other senses make up for it?

My superpower is smell (unfortunately). I have a super sensitive nose. I can smell my neighbors smoking in their apartment. I regularly track down offensive smells that noone else can find. My boyfriend is always paranoid about smelling bad (he always smells good) because he's afraid I will pick up on it.

As far as the boyfriend.. he's one of those odd people who can kind of sense other people. He knows when I walk into a room even if he doesn't see or hear me. He feels people coming around corners. It's just.. disconcerting lol.

Why can't I fly? :( :giggle:

:giggle: I wish I could fly too.
I know this will sound nutty but I'm known in my family as the psychic one. I cannot predict lottery numbers for the future persay but my father told me that when I was a kid I just knew things that could only have come from being or having whats known as ESP. I've learned to embrace it.
I'd prefer to have a strong sense of smell than this! I'm up too! Can't sleep-had pizza and it didn't agree with me.

As for your BF sensing other people before they walk into a room-its the same for me. He needs to develop what he has if he's open minded. It is a gift at least that part is. The other crap I posted-no. :)

Last edited:
Did you smell my daughter's dinner last night? She made Mediterranean Curry rice and at one point I had to step outside to get fresh air. I'm sensitive to at least some smells.

Wirelessly posted

My kids swear that I have eyes on the back of my head.

my sense of touch is crazy....my sense of smell is also really good

but my sense of touch is ridiculous, like I thought I had a miss in my car...well come to find out it wasnt I miss, I can feel the engine pulse through the gas pedal.

Speculation: do "deaf cats" use Cat Sign Language? Able to communicate with say "deaf dogs"?
Checked with my cat-just a meow and back to sleep!

I have dream of future... It won't tell me exactly when but it will happen. Wish it could go with lottery to win.

I also at times "sense" something is going to happen before it does, even sense that someone is thinking about me...and yes, my sense of smell is very strong. Guess I would make a good "Bloodhound", working for the FBI! :giggle:...I also "listen" to my 2nd sense about things, feel it's important, as many times I've ignored it and the worst happened.

I believe we deafies are "super suspicious", at least I am. All in all, it's a good thing, I believe, perhaps sometimes, it's not.

I think my sense of smell is stronger now. Also, my observing or sense of "body language" and nuances of non-verbal behaviors have heightened as well.

I'm an Airbender. I get to decide who is a waste of air. :cool2:

Being an airbender or psychic would be interesting lol. I still hold with the fact that I want to fly. Then I would not need a vehicle.

Sorry for the silly post. I was exhausted last night :)

IMO - I think being a psychic or mind-reader or similar is the worst kind of superpower because you cannot trust anybody anymore. You'll also get very lonely because it removes the element that makes life interesting and mysterious.

Who the heck wants to constantly read and analyze a person's mind wherever you go? It's awful. I don't want to read and find out that my parents, siblings, good friends or any interesting person I come across have sick fetish, dark secret, or lies.

my superpower is that i can sleep thru noisy places.....others cant LOL so easy

I can see where mind reading might be an issue there Jiro. I hadn't really thought it out that much. Scary.

I can sleep through anything loud. I sleep through 5 alarm clocks every day. The thing that wakes me up in the morning is the scent of my boyfriends cologne and deodorant when he gets out of the shower. That is a nice superpower to have.

I hope noone took offense at this post btw. I'm not a mean person. I was just trying to interject a bit of humor into a situation that frustrates me every day. Gotta keep smiling.. and all that ;)

my superpower is that i can sleep thru noisy places.....others cant LOL so easy

i-see-what-you-did-there.png

My husband always talks about my "super sniffer." My facial recognition scores are quite high, and my spatial reasoning is pretty good.

Back