Do you have one of those "Egg" Trailers?

UNYTruthHunters

Reaction score
My wife and I just bought our "Egg" Trailer called Scamp. We bought a used trailer, a 2005 13' Scamp trailer (basic model that has no bathroom). Any of you have an egg trailer? No no, not a real egg mind you! It is a nickname by eggers who owns a fiberglass trailer that are lighter and smaller to haul.

Brands like Scamp, Trillium, Trillium Outback, Lil Snoozy, Big Foot, ParkLiner, Escape, Oxygen, Horizon, Casita, Uhaul, Burro, Boler, and many more.

A fiberglass trailer usually contains two halves of fiberglass molded shells attached together upon a flatbed trailer.

They are awesome and great to camp compared to a stickbuilt. Now, a stickbuilt is any other brands such as Fleetwood, Winnebago, Heartland, Coleman, Coachman, Jayco, etc. They tend to leak greater than fiberglass.

So, I am asking any of you own an "egg" trailer? We are going to a rally in Pa this coming June.

Do you have a picture of your trailer?

Sounds like fun! I love to camp! I would need one with a bathroom (at least a toilet for wife!) and an air conditioner. Do they come so equipped?

I would like to have an A-liner someday. Very lightweight. Not sure iff you would call it an egg trailer.

well they are nice and "cute". my wife and I considered buying one of them for a bit. then we went to see one. I barely got through the door, could not stand up and not even fit through the bathroom door. felt as claustrophobic as getting an MRI. :ugh: goons should not attempt owning one :P

well they are nice and "cute". my wife and I considered buying one of them for a bit. then we went to see one. I barely got through the door, could not stand up and not even fit through the bathroom door. felt as claustrophobic as getting an MRI. :ugh: goons should not attempt owning one :P

I know they are narrow. I noticed the same. I rather wider door. But that is what we will have for now and we will someday get larger one but not a stickie type. Fiberglass last longer.

I've always liked how they look.....they even make a 5th wheeler....perfect for 2....

Yes they do make their 5er. In RV world, owners call 5th Wheel Trailer, "5er" or "Fiver" as a nickname.

There are plenty of used one for sale. There is one in Cortland, NY for sale at 10,000 Dollars for a 2001 19' Fiver Scamp trailer for sale. Check out fiberglass rv classifieds online. use search egine words, "fiberglass rv for sale"

There are more of them but you just have to look. Fiberglass market are very different. You can not find them in at a dealer. Usually owners sell them. Their depreication and revalue prices are very good compared to stick built these days. Fiberglass do not leak and has no seams like sticks do. Ask around.

Sounds like fun! I love to camp! I would need one with a bathroom (at least a toilet for wife!) and an air conditioner. Do they come so equipped?

If you are to buy brand new, I highly recommend 16th footer although Scamp and Casita do have 13' trailers with bathrooms. They are options on the 13' Scamps although if you want as standard, Casita do have 13' with bathrooms as standards.

Scamp, Casita, Escape, Trillium, Trillium Outback (Canada), Lil Snoozy, ParkLiner and EggCamper are still in business. The rest you find on the other website are out of business however, they DO have parts because most of them are similar built and has similar supplier parts such as Dometic Refers, etc.

If you are buying used, you can buy any and repair it yourself. Most of them are self-repaired. Also you can do is to buy a used one and remodelled to add bathroom. I recommend 16' or longer to do that one.

You can buy direct from owners, no dealers. They usually do not have dealership.

You can also order yours and it takes about a month before you can get yours at the factory. You can either pick it up there or have it shipped.

We will be heading to TWO Eggfests this year! We will be heading to PA Eggfest the last weekend of June at the KOA camping resort at Williamport, PA. and the Letchworth State Park just south of Rochester, NY this coming September, 2012! More info, go to the fiberglassrv website then go to forum, then find rallies. There are many other rallies you can go to but we will not be able to attend. It would be nice to see some Deaf/HOH at the rally so we can talk while my wife and other hearing people talk. What you think!!?? The Letchworth is hosted by Scamp Owners International and more info will be set up soon.

Bring your fiberglass trailer, folks! See you there!

Back