Do you have deaf person in ur family?

Fly Free said:
im the only deafie in my family -- how boring! :roll:

You are not alone. Myself, I consider many deafies as my 'second family'.

Lasza said:
You are not alone. Myself, I consider many deafies as my 'second family'.

Yeah me too! I have many deaf male friends but I see them as my older brothers!!

I am the only one who is deaf in my family as well. Everyone else just has selective hearing.

I'm 3rd generation late deafened in my family.. But my grandma and grandpa are deaf - my grandpa has 4 children (not with the same mom though) but all of which are deaf or hoh, which means my gpa is the carrier, then my father, then myself.

My twin sister ^Angel^ and I, are the only deaf in the entire family.

My first cousin and I are the only deafies in the family - we were the first-born from sisters - I have another first cousin, and he is hearing (younger brother to deaf cousin). We have gone over our genealogical records, and have determined that the gene may have come from my mother's father's family...so far, all of my cousin's children have been hearing...my other cousin has no kids at this time.

I only wish that i had a deaf sibling... I feel lonely sometimes with my hearing family... and my hearing friends. But although i have only one deaf friend... Thats all. :(

Cheri said:
My twin sister ^Angel^ and I, are the only deaf in the entire family.

Ah, really? your twin sister deaf?! Wow, cool. :)

Last edited:
lets think....

My father, My Mom, My sister, My Aunt, My Cousin, My real Grandparents, My other Cousins..... my spanking' family is deaf :D Its hereditary ;)

<----- 3rd generation of deaf families on my dad's side. I also have aunts, uncles, and cousins who are deaf. I'm very blessed to have this family!

Two deaf in my family :deaf: ( my oldest brother and me). My parents and older brother are hearing. I'm baby in my family. :ily:

i have a 32 deaf cousins in my families, i have three daughters... one oldest daughter is hearing, second daughter become deaf ( dues from ear infection ) and last is adopted daughter is hearing

Only the deaf in my family. Don't know of any deaf relatives apart from mom's cousin, but he only became deaf because of meningitis.

It's really interesting to see how some deaf genes are more dominant in some families than the other.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
how can it be a whole history? what if its 300 years ago?

Good point but i meant the years of my Great, Great, Great Grandfather... Not before that time.

Back