Do you guys use CSDVRS Z-340?

fullmetal03

Reaction score
I do have it but do you guys have port forwarding? i just wonder..thanks but i know one topic about port forwarding on mvp..but i just want talk about z-340 thanks

heyyyyyya

Well, technically with the Z you don't need port forwarding... BUT this is because they are breaking FCC rules.. They are using a gatekeeper/proxy for ALL of their calls. This is NOT allowed but I guess csd doesnt care...

Anyway, we will see what happens after FCC deadline... I am sure many other vrs providers will complain about them not following fcc regulations..

see ya

The Z-340

There is NO rule that prohibits the use of a gatekeeper/proxy in the FCC rules. If you have a particular section of an existing rule that gives you reason to believe there is, please point it out to me and I will be happy to discuss.
Thanks,
John

John Harris, Director of Product Management
CSDVRS, LLC

Z-340

I have a Z-340 as well and have never had a need to use port forwarding, nor do I know of any way to do that. My Z-340 worked perfectly fom day one, with the router that I had (Netgear WGR614). :dance2:

Big kudos to CSDVRS. :applause:

I just applied for my Z-340 several weeks ago and I can't wait to get mine because I travel every week for my busniess and this would come in very handy instead of using a laptop and webcam.

Hope it works nicely with Hotel Wifis or Coffee Shop Wifi without needing to forward ports so I could actually recieves calls during my travels.

You can always make outgoing calls without needing to forward ports but incomings what the issues is and almost all busniess places are not going to let you access their routers unless they are using a common brand router with default password :D

ofc there is

So, you think EVERY other company out there doesnt know what it is doing?

That is ridiculous. Do you think with all the money hovrs invested on MVP they would not have done the same thing you guys did? They could have used a sip proxy for their calls and not deal with any of this port forwading/ dmz crap. Same goes for the VPAD.

FCC STATES that point to point calls cannot go through any sort of proxy.
FCC doesnt say anything about YOUR device calling YOUR device or YOUR device calling YOUR VRS. But it is pretty clear that for interop with other providers you MAY NOT use any sort of proxy in between the endpoints.

I am sure you read the ruling and time will tell. You are probably hoping this ruling gets reverted, so good luck to you.

Personally, I would rather have people use proxies. Then, no one has to deal with all of this router setup issues and the like.

Cheers

Hi there, DDD.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm Tim Rarus with ZVRS/CSDVRS. It d be helpful if you can identify who you are and please let me know if you are available for a vp chat.

Best,

Tim

Z-340

So, you think EVERY other company out there doesnt know what it is doing?

Can you explain this to us? I don't follow and I'm sure others don't either. I gotta say, you sound like you work for a VRS company though. :D

hello

If I do work for someone it does not make a difference. I am just stating the facts.

I will post the excerpt from the fcc document as soon as I have a chance.

Do not think I am trying to devalue CSD efforts. I am just saying that anyone could use a proxy/gatekeeper it is pretty simple to do but no one is doing it because of this fcc regulation.

Having the proxy in place allows u to forget about port forwarding issues, don't you think other companies already know that?

There is no need for confrontation, I have nothing to win :) Just sharing my thoughts.

Z-340

I thought only Sorenson uses proxy with the old phone numbers they have. Am I mis-understanding?

I am aware of FCC law no longer allowing fake proxy number after June or whenever the date is but I don't think it applies using sip/proxy/gateway with real number and still is allowed.

I can be mistaken but this is my understanding ....

As for other VRS provider using SIP/Proxy/Gateway, One other VRS Ojo "SnapVRS" using it.

For other VRS not using it probably because either their hardware VP processing chip is not capaible of handing sip/gateway processing or they don't have a "home" server set up or ready to handle it yet. It cost a lot of money to maintain a sip/gateway server with high bandwidth for all those VP connections 24 hours 7 days.

Again I can be wrong but I don't hear any rules about banning the use of sip/proxy/gateway but only FCC rules I know of is banning the use of fake/old proxy number.

I personally have the Z340 as well. It was given to me as a gift and the installer came and set it up on my WIRED connection. I didn't want to do that but the installer was insistent that it be on WIRED. (note..hes old and kinda foggy in the head)

Anyways....I have 2wire router/modem combo and it also offers wifi. So..my wifi settings is set to WSP (i think that's the right spelling without looking) and I have my own key. I unhooked the wired cable and did a network scan...found mine..and I put in my info along with key info. It KEEPS saying can not connect to network..try again later. That's bull..because my current laptop that I am using is connected by wifi and connected with my key. Any idea or help/suggestions??

When I hook up wired...everything's fine....but when I try wifi...it won't connect me even tho I am 100000% sure I have the right infos.

Hmmmmm......

Z-340 Wireless Network Information

The Z-340 supports the following wireless router protocols:

WEP (64-bits), WEP (128-bits), WPA-PAK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES)

We have had great success with many 2wire Home Gateways. Please make sure that one of the above protocols has been selected.

The Z-340 supports the following wireless router protocols:

WEP (64-bits), WEP (128-bits), WPA-PAK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES)

We have had great success with many 2wire Home Gateways. Please make sure that one of the above protocols has been selected.

My bad...my brain just had a brain fart. It was WPA-PAK (TKIP)

Now what I don't get is..the Z doesn't recognize my wifi router which is 2wire. I have CORRECTLY entered the SAME info and key info like I did/do for my laptop...still no joy with the Z. The Z is sitting right next to the 2wire and the network scan for my modem strength is like 85 to 90 percent. Am I doing something wrong??

To CSDVRS folks-

I applied for it but hear NOTHING, are those products really available to the public?

not proxy numbers

I was not talking about the proxy phone numbers. I am talking about a proxy server sip or h323.

I know for a fact mvp and vpad already have one. They do not use it simply because of the fcc ruling. I will provide something much better than proof. i will be posting the fcc link soon.

I was not talking about the proxy phone numbers. I am talking about a proxy server sip or h323.

I know for a fact mvp and vpad already have one. They do not use it simply because of the fcc ruling. I will provide something much better than proof. i will be posting the fcc link soon.

I would like to see the link I am curious about it now ...

If it in the fcc ruling that providers cannot use gateway or SIP then I will be happy to sign a petition to have the ruling change because it not fair that hearing people have it easy using voice call with SIP like Skype and do not need techinal knowledge to set up voice commuciation software that uses real phone number and internet while we Deaf Folks need to depend on vrs company or someone to come and set up and it if got probelm or router goes bad that we can't just go run out to Best Buy and replace it and we are at the mercy of techinal support people to come out again and reset the router.

I am techinal advance person and I do not work for any VRS and Deaf Folks in my area always email me to come out when they have VP problems because they don't want wait for week to have one of vrs tech person come out and fix their problem or when they buy a new wireless router to replace the crappy 604 router.

I don't even use DMZ and it stupid to have different VRS devices fighting over who get to use the popular video conference port 1720 because all VRS knows that is the "money port"

SIP or Gateway will emlimate all those problem and make things easier like people can call from Skype software to a different brand software without needing to be at the mercy of any software companies ....

I would like to see the link I am curious about it now ...

If it in the fcc ruling that providers cannot use gateway or SIP then I will be happy to sign a petition to have the ruling change because it not fair

there no FCC ruling on sip

vp200 already have sip same upnp

Back