Do you guys believe in Disability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What might be the "more than deafness" be?

There are people who are blind or in a wheelchair, have processing disorders. That is just a few examples. Right now I'm having balance issues.

whatdidyousay: yeah alot of people think I'm slow because I lip read.. I say let them think that.. I don't care . to me it falls in the same category as people thinking blonde's are dumb... lol

What might be the "more than deafness" be?

There are people who are blind or in a wheelchair, have processing disorders. That is just a few examples. Right now I'm having balance issues.

whatdidyousay: yeah alot of people think I'm slow because I lip read.. I say let them think that.. I don't care . to me it falls in the same category as people thinking blonde's are dumb... lol

I do not care what people think about being me HOH, I think that people are a moron to think being deaf or HOH mean a person is slow! Yeah , I agree is does fall in the same category as people thinking blonde's are dumb... lol! That is what happen when the condo manger told me my ceiling
was going to get worst from all the snow, the ass thought I was going to say Great! I will just sit here and see how long it will take for my ceiling to cave in on my head!!

Canada, it says that the law doesn't apply to us.

I'm in Canada - and while we don't have the ADA here, we DO have a number of similar Disability Rights laws here which function very much like the ADA, the main one being the Federal Disability Act (FDA).

Perhaps you live in a small town where you don't have much exposure to the various laws etc? (or because you're quite young just haven't had experience with them yourself).

Also - to clarify YES, there is a rule (law) stating that an interpreter MUST be provided (if requested) in various situations (medical appointments, schooling, things involving the government/government agency/government programs etc) and that in those situations it must be free to the Hoh/Deaf person. There are situations like private functions where the Hoh/Deaf persons would pay for the interpreter themselves, but they are the "exception, not the rule". It's also the law that "reasonable accommodations" be provided and that legally employers aren't allowed to discriminate against Hoh/Deaf etc.

Information about laws and regulations for those who are Hoh/Deaf, or have a physical or mental disability can be found on the official Government of Canada Website... your audiologist should also be able give you information.

Here are some links that might be of interest to you:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/disability/

http://www.disabilitypolicy.ca/resourcesNational.php

http://www.ccdonline.ca/en/socialpolicy/fda

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/audiences/disabilities/index.shtml

Also, you mentioned in one of your posts (before you deleted it) that you thought that the Deaf schools in Canada were run by the USA - this is not true. There are a number of Schools for the Deaf across Canada -some are private schools (like many religious-based schools are) and some are public schools. Both are just like "hearing schools" in that they have to follow all the education rules and requirements made by each province as well as federally (mad by Canada in general). They are NOT "controlled by", or "run by" or connected to the US in any way, shape or form - they are Canadian Schools for the Deaf. Period.

Last edited:
You can ask the mods to lock this thread but I don't think you can ask them to delete it without a very good reason.

You can ask the mods to lock this thread but I don't think you can ask them to delete it without a very good reason.

Right - and "a thread not going the way you wanted it to go" is not really a valid reason for a thread to be deleted (or - in truth- locked).

You have to realize that people will have different experiences than you, feel differently about situations than you etc. It's important to accept that and learn from it ... not just "shut down" and start deleting all your posts just because you don't like how people respond - it just doesn't work that way in real life.

Okay. Whatever u guys says. I am not interested into any of those stuff.

If you live in Canada, are Hoh/Deaf (or have a physical or mental disability) you SHOULD be interested in "this" (ie the website links) ... because it explains your RIGHTS as a person who is Hoh/Deaf, which is VERY important.

I don't who the ---- MODS is! How do I contact them?

you just state in this thread that you want this thread locked and the mods will lock it when they see your request - "MOD - LOCK THIS THREAD"

...I joined them yesterday, I guess I will never come back on this ever again.
I hear that all the time. People always come back.

no, I am just emotionally unstable.
Like I said - I suggest you to take a time out and come back when you're feeling better. No hard feeling.

Mod note:

Thread closed per OP's request. :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back