Do you find your hearing is affected in the afternoon than the morning?

Fumasivil

Reaction score
As above title says, just throwing the thought around to others who've had listening tests at the hospital/clinic.

I seem to find that my listening is better in the morning when I feel fresh and not so tired that the results come back marginally better but if I have it in the afternoon, it's the other way around.

With that in mind, next time I took the day off work and stayed at home till it was time for the appt, the results were the same as the morning. Is there anything there or is that wishful thinking?

After a year of afternoon hearing tests/tune ups this morning was my first tune up/hearing test, there is no difference (unlike HA) But I found being fresher does help and not working in the morning also helps... SO good nights sleep and fresh morning or no working in the morning and feeling slightly fresh in the afternoon another thing that i noticed that is my lipreading is better in the afternoon than in the morning...

Charlotte,

I've found the same thing to be true especially in regards to sleep. I always make sure to get a full 8-9 hours of sleep every night so I feel rested and can hear at my best. In general, my hearing happens to be better in the morning and mid afternoon, but by evening, I tend to have more difficulty due to exhaustion. I also notice a difference if I'm ill in which case it doesn't matter what time of day for my hearing to be negatively affected.

Yes. I have a noticeable difference between morning and afternoon. Since I have a conductive loss and tinnitus due to TMJ Syndrome, as my jaw and neck muscles get more tense throughout the day, my hearing is negatively affected. I also have less mental energy to make out what people are saying by the time evening rolls around.

I dont rely on my hearing these days anymore since I use ASL 99% of the time so I wouldnt be able to answer this.

Back