Do you feel police is prejudiced over vehicle being driven?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
What if I was to do 35 out of 30 in a grey 2000 Honda Odyssey? Police probably won't pull me over.

What about doing 35 out of 30 in a silver 1995 Camaro Z28? I would probably get pulled out.

Do you agree with this theory?

Depend on where and officer's mood. Officers may pull out on semi-truck with 20k weight trailer for 66 MPH of 65 MPH.

It depends on the age of the driver. A young kid will get stopped more than a middle aged man. The car is simply easier to spot. There is some bias towards the vehicle, but it goes both ways. Someone who likes Harley's might not pull over someone on that type of bike.

The cops in my city does not care what kind of car you're driving , if you go over the speed limit you'll get pulled over. I have seen all kind of cars stopping for speeding. I know if you make a cop get out of their nice warn dry car during a storm you'll get a ticket.

Received so many tickets when I owned a Camaro Z28....seemed as if the cops were following me all over town!....:giggle:...finally I traded it in on a Ford Truck...never got a ticket since, even with my now Lincoln Continental or my Hyundai Tiboren....So I would guess yes...cops like to ticket sports cars.

My sister-in-law got a speeding ticket when she was driving us to the train station to meet Mark. Cop was in an all black Mustang. Sister-in-law is ALWAYS running late for everything so it kind of served her right. Definitely was a speed trap, I guess a lot of people are running late for the train.

I've read that red cars get more tickets, not sure if that is true or not. I personally have never had a speeding ticket. My husband had a red F150 and got pulled over for speeding. When the cop got out I saw that I knew him from doing drug busts at the pharmacy. Husband got very lucky and he let us go.

Then some people don't drive normally when there's a police cruiser on the road and stay well behind it. Well, one morning I pulled a "pace care in the rearview mirror!" I was already becoming late for work and getting impatient with one slow driver after another, so YEAH I checked for traffic on the opposing lane and illegally crossed it to pass them all, including the police cruiser they were trailing! Serves me right, at least it's been my only ticket, tried to get it cancelled in court only to get it down to illegal lane crossing from reckless driving, what it should be anyway! And NO girls, don't believe what you see in movies. A peek from your cleavage won't get you out of this one! :whistle:

I once drove my mom's '97 Cadillac Deville and floored it once and the sheriff were behind me, and asked me what I am doing? I told them I was feeling the power for a little bit. He checked my lic... and my home is just right down the street. He let me go...

Other occasion, in my Ford Explorer... I was making a right turn. The light is red in my direction and there is no traffic, out of the blue I see a red/blue flashing siren behind me. That's because I didn't stop completely before turning right, I just got off work that night. The police officer asked me what I am doing, I showed him my UPS cap and told him I just got off work. He went ah, checked my info and explain to me that I need to stop completely first and then proceed. He was very nice to explain and we both cooperated and then he let me go.

The only ticket I had was an out of state in a rented car several years back.

Then some people don't drive normally when there's a police cruiser on the road and stay well behind it. Well, one morning I pulled a "pace care in the rearview mirror!" I was already becoming late for work and getting impatient with one slow driver after another, so YEAH I checked for traffic on the opposing lane and illegally crossed it to pass them all, including the police cruiser they were trailing! Serves me right, at least it's been my only ticket, tried to get it cancelled in court only to get it down to illegal lane crossing from reckless driving, what it should be anyway! And NO girls, don't believe what you see in movies. A peek from your cleavage won't get you out of this one! :whistle:
Oh, sorry to hear that you failed to get out of it. Maybe yours are not big enough. :lol: JK. OFC the cops are not that dumb like the ones in movies.

It was a huge urban legend back in the 80's-90's that driving a red car (bright) would get the most attention from police officers. As the research pointed out posted above by whatdidyousay, it's definitely the driver. I've had my Toyota Supra for about 15 years now, and i've had two tickets... I also ride a motorcycle and pass cops going 20 over the limit. Haven't gotten a ticket yet. They'd have to catch me first. :D

It was a huge urban legend back in the 80's-90's that driving a red car (bright) would get the most attention from police officers. As the research pointed out posted above by whatdidyousay, it's definitely the driver. I've had my Toyota Supra for about 15 years now, and i've had two tickets... I also ride a motorcycle and pass cops going 20 over the limit. Haven't gotten a ticket yet. They'd have to catch me first. :D

That is what it said in the link I posted , the color of the car does not matter. I have seen all colors of cars pulled over in my city and the only red car I saw was of one of my condo trustees wife . She and her husband are speed freaks and I have to watch out for them when they drive into the parking lot. They speed right into their parking spaces like jackasses. They're an older couple too.

Right, colors or type of cars don't count. Cops are concerned about public safety. That's their jobs.

Back