Do you ever wish your parents...

I love my parents very much but
I wish they never got a Divorce Sigh...

For my dad's birthday in January, I wrote him a letter and read it aloud to him (mom was listening) after we went out for supper at Applebee's (I bought). The reason I wrote it is so that he knows how I feel about him, although he told me he knew how I felt. I think he thought that I thought he was more of an idiot than anything, but that was not even close to the truth. Even though he had to raise himself when he was a kid, he did okay by me. Sure, he had to work so much when he should have done things with me. But, that's how it went back then.

My dad wasn't especially fond of attending church, but did go with us. Mom always had us go to church, even when we had to get someone to come pick us up. For that, I am thankful and grateful, for I learned about my Savior, Jesus Christ, and about salvation.

Although we did occasionally church hop in the later years, we had an okay upbringing as for church. I'm the youngest, so I know that my two older brothers would say something totally opposite of what I just said, as is their right.

Good thread, by the way, coloravalanche! :thumb:

Y said:
I love my parents very much but
I wish they never got a Divorce Sigh...
Well my mother married the wrong man! Why didnt her sisters say something? Todays girls will reject you if their siblings doesnt approve the guy shes currently dating.Back in the 1920,30s,40s 50s and 60s girls just dont care what kind of guy they hook up with. He could be a absolute complete idoit and an asshole and they still marry him! And this is just not fair with all kinds of rejections i get from girls.Dating is extremely differcult to do nowadays because of womens lib! Girls back in the 1920,30s,40s 50s and 60s didnt take womens lib all that serously. My Mother is one of those old fashion women who belives marrage is for life.She doesnt belive in divorce.And Im seeing 3 of my cousins divorced their husbands because he turned out to be an asshole and he showed no respect or manners towards their wives and my mother wouldnt do the same.Im sorry for this gripe but life seems so unfair today than 30 years ago.

Buckdodgers,
U will be surprised to hear that
some women even learned to
ignore some flaws and then
fell in love with assholes :)

I wish my parents would not listen to John Tracy clinic and let me learn sign language right away when I became deaf. I wish my parents fought not to send me to deaf residental school.

Other than that, I am pretty happy with their decision with me.

Y said:
Buckdodgers,
U will be surprised to hear that
some women even learned to
ignore some flaws and then
fell in love with assholes :)
Very Very Very few of them,theyre hard to find.

of course I do love my parent I wish my parents let me drive their car with special hand control in the car, they never trust in me for drive the car.

I did ok with my parents but I wish mom let learn a lot when I grow up. She never let do thing to learn how to live your life once you go on you own. Like live in the city, find a job, what form to fill out, and all the stuff you need to know about life. It take me to marry my husband to prove to her that I can handle it very well and she can see that and my daddy told her that she need a life of her own and she finally learn to let it go and let me live my life the way I want. I was glad that she see that I got a mind here, a very good mind too.

I wish my parents listened to me more often and really understood me more.

I don't know how to explain it but I have needs too. You know ?

My parents did a very good job and they worked very hard. I just wish some of the things were done alittle different or that the outcome would have been better but I am focused on the future.

Heath said:
I wish my parents listened to me more often and really understood me more.

I don't know how to explain it but I have needs too. You know ?

My parents did a very good job and they worked very hard. I just wish some of the things were done alittle different or that the outcome would have been better but I am focused on the future.

I agree with what you've said here. But, I also think why wish for having different parents? We're all sort of stuck with what we've got. I've learned to appreciate what I have, and not gripe about whether things could be different or not. Chances are, that won't change the circumstance, anyway. So, you might as well roll with it. At least, that's my philisophy these days.

Oceanbreeze said:
I agree with what you've said here. But, I also think why wish for having different parents? We're all sort of stuck with what we've got. I've learned to appreciate what I have, and not gripe about whether things could be different or not. Chances are, that won't change the circumstance, anyway. So, you might as well roll with it. At least, that's my philisophy these days.

Amen to that !!!! :gpost:

Back