Do you believe or benefit from roll calls?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Many forums such as this one have roll calls asking people where they're from. Many Facebook groups do the same thing. My question is what do you think of roll calls? Are they waste of time or have you found people in your area via roll calls?

Would you like to share your experiences?

They're useful if the group is geared towards organization or meatspace events, but should never be mandatory. Some people can't write, and some people can't be safe while giving out certain information.

What's a meatspace? Like a butcher's locker? :lol:

They're useful if the group is geared towards organization or meatspace events, but should never be mandatory. Some people can't write, and some people can't be safe while giving out certain information.

I was thinking this about is not being wise to give out personal info especially
with the ID theft going on. You have to show a photo ID at doctor offices now b/c people are trying to use other people insurance. Reba , I heard of a 'meathead ' , I wonder if a meatspace is the same ?? I guess us old timers are out of touch .

I like them. I like seeing the diversity, and getting to know people a little bit better, but they should never be mandatory, due to reasons stated above.

amazing reading back on peoples posts just how much they have given away.if they read them back including dereck just how much personal info you all give it scary I guess that how become a catfish...I seen young people give so much info I had tell them off

By meatspace I mean not on the internet. I don't say "in real life" because the internet is part of real life.

what meatspace..only just found out what catfish is,all these odd names

Was it supposed to be meetspace? And not meatspace? I have not heard of this term before.

The term roll call makes me take a deep breath when I think about all the stories my husband has told me about what happens when a soldier died in the line of duty and they do the roll call. And I've seen the videos how they acknowledge that. It hurts your heart.

Was it supposed to be meetspace? And not meatspace? I have not heard of this term before.

The term roll call makes me take a deep breath when I think about all the stories my husband has told me about what happens when a soldier died in the line of duty and they do the roll call. And I've seen the videos how they acknowledge that. It hurts your heart.

I saw pic of either brit or American soldier on fb poor young man lost both legs and arm and fb want pic removed as they deem it wrong to show.This young man wanted it shown to show world what war do...seem free speech one sided

Back