Do you believe in Stock Market?

Apples and oranges, apples and oranges. I am surprised at you, lol.

How so? Are you saying people are capable of determining the worthiness of life but they are not capable of opening a savings account????:lol:

image002fx2.jpg
<--- just wanted to throw in some funnies :)

Technical analyze skill is essential to be successful in stock market. You need to know current events, lot lot lot of research.

Theres many technique, strategies, tools, and methods that people have developed over year. Most of em probably are internal information, but few people has broken barrier and wrote books about it.

Many people made mistake by relying on their employed comany's stock shares and 401k. My parent was smart enough to get into diversity financial to minimize loss. Now they have 4 different retirement sources such as IRA, 401k, stocks, and one more I forgot.

I believe the stock market can make you richer and make you poorer. Chances are greater that it will make you poorer.

Unless you know what you are doing and are diligent about not believing certain myths about the market.

For one thing, always use a stop loss order. Always. Why suffer losses under the "buy and hold" paradigm when you can use a stop loss order, automatically get out, then buy back in a lower prices?

It is a wonder that most brokers don't do this.

Limiting losses, saving money, and living below one's means are reliable ways to wealth.

There are two main schools to investing:

1) Value Investing: "buy and hold", "buy quality companies and research them first", "in for the long haul", etc.

2) Technical Investing: "stop loss orders", "buy low, sell high", "technical indicators"

There is a place for both. Some people combine both.

The truth is, on the stock market, we are all speculators... all traders. If you're not prepared to lose money there, don't put your money there. There are other ways of building wealth.

Back