Do you believe in marriage?

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score

If yes or no then list of pro and con here.

Yes... and No...

It depends on the situation. I don't really believe in marriage because of the commitments that it requires. Couples can be successful without marriage.

On the other hand, it's good to prove that one can be more committed.

Like I said, I have two answers for that.

Yes and No...
I have been married twice.. and end up nasty divorces..
my man of 2 1/2 years, asked me to marry few times lately..
first time he asked when we met.. I said.. I am not ready. it hurt his feelings.. then he asked 2nd time last fall. I said Yes but I dont know if we should. it even hurt his feelings more.. Last week after we had *spats*.. He said we SHOULD get marry so we wont break up. I said.. well why would you think *break up*? it tests us to keep trust and have faith.. as long we are together still count the blessings with up and down or bad or good times..
(sigh).. I think its time for us to get marry NOW!.. lol :| hehe

For those couples who aren't married...wouldn't have legal authority over many things.

For example, what if something happened to your partner and he/she is in the hospital. You won't have the authority to make the decision for this person (if this person is unable to make his/her own decisions). The hospital would have to contact this person's family for permission..etc.

When you're married...you can make decisions.

Sure. it seems cheap to stay unmarried but there's a lot of benefits you are missing out of.

Lisa and I didn't get married because of this above...we got married because we love each other and felt that we both should stay forever...and keep it legal so in 49 years and two weeks later...we can celebrate us both being together. :D

Originally posted by SilenceGold
For those couples who aren't married...wouldn't have legal authority over many things.

For example, what if something happened to your partner and he/she is in the hospital. You won't have the authority to make the decision for this person (if this person is unable to make his/her own decisions). The hospital would have to contact this person's family for permission..etc.

When you're married...you can make decisions.

Sure. it seems cheap to stay unmarried but there's a lot of benefits you are missing out of.

Lisa and I didn't get married because of this above...we got married because we love each other and felt that we both should stay forever...and keep it legal so in 49 years and two weeks later...we can celebrate us both being together. :D
I know what you mean about legal issues. Relating to hospitals, it's not my decision. It's her own decision. If she cannot make her own decision, then I'll let the family decide.

Those I gave was just an example. There's a lot more beyond hospitals that you might not feel comfortable for the family making the decisions unless they really LOVE you too. :D

It's ancient marriage.

I do believe in marriage, but sometime, fellow marry each other for wrong reason. blah.

70 percent of all marriages end these days yet I will still want to remarry again. Go figures.

Next time I will marry for different reasons - marriage itself is not bad, it is just that people do not take time to ponder what marriage means to them and how sacred it is.

:D

Yes, I do really believe in marriage. :) The reason why I wanna marry Jeremy is that I love him so much and I am ready to make that committtment. I want to be with him for the rest of my life. He feels the same way for me. So I think it's wonderful! :D

Originally posted by Lasza

If yes or no then list of pro and con here.

Yes, as I'm married myself. :D But there are up and down sides to being married. I reckon that's normal for all married couples to have ups and downs in their marriage.
I've been married for nearly 5 years now and we've had our share of ups and downs, still we manage to work through the downs and be OK afterwards.
Marriage means teamwork of making the marriage successful and still love each others. It can be hard, but at the end, it's worth it, I think.

:ily:

i believe in marraige, even though i have never been married. if yo truley love the person, and know them inside and out, you should live the rest of your lives together. that is how you can stay married. and, in my beliefe, you shouldn't have a baby, or sex, outside of marraige. it's ungodly, says so in the bible.

Back