Do we have a challenge ahead of us to avoid becoming Hearing?

my thoughts, meant kindly:

honestly, I think it's kinda the whole point - DEAFness <People of the Eye>, as opposed to the condition of being deaf. What this site is for.....hard for newcomers to see it, but that is why it's so important-

to further clarify - "EYE" including the non-literal use; cultural....not leaving Deafblind out....

my thoughts, meant kindly:

honestly, I think it's kinda the whole point - DEAFness <People of the Eye>, as opposed to the condition of being deaf. What this site is for.....hard for newcomers to see it, but that is why it's so important-

to further clarify - "EYE" including the non-literal use; cultural....not leaving Deafblind out....

"People of the eye." I like that. In French it would be "Les gens de l'oeil."
Sounds so pretty, but not quite accurate. :)

"People of the eye." I like that. In French it would be "Les gens de l'oeil."
Sounds so pretty, but not quite accurate. :)

Very eloquent, isn't it. Comes from a very famous quote re: Deafness..."We are, now and forever, the People of the Eye."

:ty: Jillio and :ty: Beowulf - Beo, I didn't know the French:)
actually, that phrasing "....the Eye" was part of the promotional literature/sign for the Deaf Awareness festival I went to last year, so not of my creation.
But I liked it too-

Very eloquent, isn't it. Comes from a very famous quote re: Deafness..."We are, now and forever, the People of the Eye."

:ty: Jillio and :ty: Beowulf - Beo, I didn't know the French:)
actually, that phrasing "....the Eye" was part of the promotional literature/sign for the Deaf Awareness festival I went to last year, so not of my creation.
But I liked it too-

You just like it? I love it! :giggle:
Dang, I got a lot of reading to do.

:giggle:
I am soooo behind on mine <reading>
looking at the books on the Gallaudet website doesn't help....

ok, more :ty:, Beo!

now is that the person whose name is with the Deaf Center in CO?

NP - brain farts....:giggle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITbj3NTLUQ]YouTube - ‪The Preservation of Sign Language by George W. Veditz‬&rlm;[/ame]

Back