Do we have a challenge ahead of us to avoid becoming Hearing?

How about not being so nasty and bullying to someone who is a newcomer? Your tirades just get more and more ridiculous.

How about minding your own business, mother?

How about minding your own business, mother?

see Post #1379 :)

btw Beach Girl, I see what you did there in your Post #1380
naughtywag_smilie.gif

Wirelessly posted

Yes! I am talking to others with great advice now it's very cool!!! Thank you again I am enjoying it so much!

see Post #1379 :)

btw Beach Girl, I see what you did there in your Post #1380
naughtywag_smilie.gif

Yeah, saw that, too.

BeachGirl is enough of a newcomer herself that she often makes mistakes of jumping into situations she knows nothing about. That is a newcomer both to AD and to deafness. I guess it isn't her fault that she is ignorant of some things. But she does need to be held responsible when she jumps in with unsolicited advise to those of us that have been around long enough to detect trolling when we see it.

BTW...the response she got from that poster is evidence that she has just fed the troll and kept things going. Naive, she is, and creates problems because of it.

You made it thats it applied to me as well. I am curious about who were "others" that madison mentioned too.

I just sent a PM and pointed to the "What ticks you off about Hearies?" thread as an answer to the question asked.

Good job. That would be an informative thread for any newcomer. I think we have a couple of recent members that could learn quite a bit from that thread, as well.:cool2:

Yeah, saw that, too.

BeachGirl is enough of a newcomer herself that she often makes mistakes of jumping into situations she knows nothing about. That is a newcomer both to AD and to deafness. I guess it isn't her fault that she is ignorant of some things. But she does need to be held responsible when she jumps in with unsolicited advise to those of us that have been around long enough to detect trolling when we see it.

BTW...the response she got from that poster is evidence that she has just fed the troll and kept things going. Naive, she is, and creates problems because of it.

Not really a response to Jillio, but just so Gentle Readers might have all the information - I have been on AD for a few months now. More or less a newcomer as compared to some, but not all THAT new.

And as for deafness - I began to lose my hearing about 31 years ago, and have been wearing hearing aids for more than 30 years now. I have years of experience with hearing loss and deafness.

Why do I have the feeling the some kind of game is being played on Deaf people here?

Not really a response to Jillio, but just so Gentle Readers might have all the information - I have been on AD for a few months now. More or less a newcomer as compared to some, but not all THAT new.

And as for deafness - I began to lose my hearing about 31 years ago, and have been wearing hearing aids for more than 30 years now. I have years of experience with hearing loss and deafness.

I know some people who have worn aids longer than you that are still a newcomer to Deafness.:cool2: Doesn't have anything to do with time.

If it isn't a response to me, don't quote me.

:hmm:
Why do I have the feeling the some kind of game is being played on Deaf people here?

I noticed that too. maybe it has something with Deaf's proud ( not pride) that affects something ...................................:hmm:

Almost the same here. I've had 57 years experience with deafness, but only a couple of years knowledge of Deafness. I am still learning.

Last edited:
Almost the same here. I've had 57 years experience with deafness, but only a couple of years experience with Deafness. I am still learning.

There you go! You understood what I was referring to perfectly.:ty:

Back