Do we have a challenge ahead of us to avoid becoming Hearing?

Wirelessly posted

Heres your problem..... You seem to think I'm trying to come in and take over, just asked a question while exploring the site can see now it was a huge mistake. I just wanted to talk to people from the culture that is it that is all not making any claims just exploring ..... Not wanting to anger anyone my appologies

Do you always bust in the door and attempt to engage in discussion of which you have no knowledge when trying to make friends? I would suggest you alter your approach.

Generally, you start with, "Hi, my name is..." and move forward from there. Guess you have a problem with social skills as well as with knowlege of Deaf Culture.

Wirelessly posted

Nope this would be my first time socializing not going so well..... Lol

Understandable. I sure hope that you do read the whole of each threads relating with deaf issues or any subjects about deaf experience life. Once you read a little bit then you can try again to meet or socialize with deaf people ( ASL users only) so you can practice with your eyes to watch, not relying on listening. You will more likely pick up some signs faster. good luck.

stay strong and be prepare for being bullied by any one who thinks less of ASL users. :) Of course, ASL rocks.

Wirelessly posted

Sure thing that's why I'm here figured what better way to learn than actually talk to people! Boy did I learn a lot lol! Bullying doesnt threaten me just is sad it has to be that way! Thank you for being so kind! I will continue to learn all I can Should be interesting;)

Wirelessly posted

Sure thing that's why I'm here figured what better way to learn than actually talk to people! Boy did I learn a lot lol! Bullying doesnt threaten me just is sad it has to be that way! Thank you for being so kind! I will continue to learn all I can Should be interesting;)

Hopefully, you will learn what bullying is and what it isn't.:cool2:

And you will also learn to either do a better job of trolling, or find a group less experienced in the detection of trolls.:cool2:

Wirelessly posted

Speaking of learning..... Why are you referring me to a troll? Because I'm uneducated on Deaf culture and haven't read enough to know yet, is that why?

Wirelessly posted

Speaking of learning..... Why are you referring me to a troll? Because I'm uneducated on Deaf culture and haven't read enough to know yet, is that why?

Why are you still here? Go learn something, and then come back and try to discuss it. The fact that you don't tells everyone that you are a troll.

just a silly mistake, using the word Troll, in mistaken assumption of saying'sorry im here, in the middle to interupt but i want to make freinds', unfortunately it didnt read out like that for others, just bad timing and wrong context to use that word, and good luck learning about Deaf culture, hell im still learning it in REAL life, the more i get into the more Deaf i am, its terrific because I am finding more inner peace in process

Taking summer classes in Deaf Culture at the University of South Florida? Isn't it a bit late to be adding a course like that to your schedule if you are are a senior?

BTW: what class are you taking? Haven't they taught you yet that when making a cultural refererence, Deaf is capitalized?

Holy cow, JILLIO of all people is correcting someone's spelling??? Surely the world must be about to come to an end.

Holy cow, JILLIO of all people is correcting someone's spelling??? Surely the world must be about to come to an end.

spelling? it's not a spelling correction. it's 2 different words - "deaf" and "Deaf".

its NOT spelling, its the realisation of what 'Deaf" means as a cultural signifance as opposed to the medical reference with 'deaf'

Do you understand the difference between spelling and grammar? The failure to use "D" is not a spelling error. It is a grammatical error. But, then, given your lack of knowledge regarding Deaf Culture, it is not suprising that you would not know that already.:roll:

Anyone want an example of trolling? See the post I have just responded to.

Hey, BeachGirl, how about not playing out your personal dislikes around here and stick to the topic at hand. Want to get personal? That's what PM is for. Use it. Threads are for discussing the topic at hand...something you don't seem to be able to do because you are so busy being petty and childish.

How about not being so nasty and bullying to someone who is a newcomer? Your tirades just get more and more ridiculous.

Wirelessly posted

So I didn't read all 220 pages of this post, but the more I explore this site the more I see negative comments towards "hearing" people. Had no idea, they don't teach you this.... Why so much dislike?

:lol: I am so late to this ! I love trolls.

Wirelessly posted

Heres your problem..... You seem to think I'm trying to come in and take over, just asked a question while exploring the site can see now it was a huge mistake. I just wanted to talk to people from the culture that is it that is all not making any claims just exploring ..... Not wanting to anger anyone my appologies

why don't you read forum instead like... reading this entire thread? Are you asking us to do homework for you? :)

Do you always bust in the door and attempt to engage in discussion of which you have no knowledge when trying to make friends? I would suggest you alter your approach.

Generally, you start with, "Hi, my name is..." and move forward from there. Guess you have a problem with social skills as well as with knowlege of Deaf Culture.

Hi! My name is Troll Hunter! :wave:

How about not being so nasty and bullying to someone who is a newcomer? Your tirades just get more and more ridiculous.

take it to PM Land. I dislike it when I see people airing their laundry on clothesline for everybody to see.

12clothesline1.480.jpg

Wirelessly posted

Yay for newcomers yay beachgirl lol

:wave:

Welcome!

You might want to post a little bit about yourself in the Introductions thread.

There are a lot of people here from very different backgrounds, including Deaf, deaf (including late-deafened and deaf from birth or early childhood), hard-of-hearing, completely hearing, hearing parents of deaf children, students, etc., etc.

Read around and you'll soon see the variety of perspectives. Take anyone who says "we" with a grain of salt - no one is an officially designated spokesman for the entire D/deaf community nor for the entire site, with the exception of the site administrators.

Have fun. I'm sure it will be quite the eye-opening experience for you. :lol:

Back