Do we have a challenge ahead of us to avoid becoming Hearing?

Wirelessly posted

Just curious do all deaf people think so poorly of hearing. Because I mean we are all the same right! Couldn't be that each person has their own thoughts opinions no way. Don't you think this is a little bit of a stereotype an not much fair.....

Don't wallow in self-pity. Swishing your toes in it, on the other hand is fine. If you stick around long enough, you will become Deaf like us. That is almost a guarantee. :)

Wirelessly posted

Ok well sorry. No I am not a high school bored kid. Sr college student at the university of south Florida. My schedule is so full it's insane I barely have time for anything I was actualy interested in the culture Not just bored didn't want a war. Just to meet new people but you are doing a great job ruining the reputation...

Wirelessly posted

Ok well sorry. No I am not a high school bored kid. Sr college student at the university of south Florida. My schedule is so full it's insane I barely have time for anything I was actualy interested in the culture Not just bored didn't want a war. Just to meet new people but you are doing a great job ruining the reputation...

If you are truly a student, you will find time to learn. :cool2:

I managed to earn a Ph.D. and hold down two jobs and still learn about the culture without having it spoon fed to me.

Wirelessly posted

What about the reputation of "the university of south Florida?"
Hard to believe you're a senior.

Wirelessly posted

Absolutely I agree. And that's why I'm in classes for it. Just wanted to talk to people who actually are part of the deaf culture. Mistake my bad...

Wirelessly posted

Are you deaf? :aw:

Wirelessly posted

Absolutely I agree. And that's why I'm in classes for it. Just wanted to talk to people who actually are part of the deaf culture. Mistake my bad...

Taking summer classes in Deaf Culture at the University of South Florida? Isn't it a bit late to be adding a course like that to your schedule if you are are a senior?

BTW: what class are you taking? Haven't they taught you yet that when making a cultural refererence, Deaf is capitalized?

Like the others said, if you're truly interested, then do your research by browsing this site. There is no way we can easily sum up in a sentence or two an entire 900 page manual of the problems the deaf has with the hearing world.

Just the fact you asked why we hate hearing people for not learning or understanding ASL shows me that you haven't got a single clue at all and jumped to conclusions from reading just one or two posts. Don't be lazy, go read.

Wirelessly posted

No I am hearing first year ASL deaf culture student really enjoyed it and decided to minor in it. So I came to this site hoping just to understand more and talk to people. But apparently I bring up a very bad issue..... :( eeekkk

Hey Madison...irfead some books about the history of Deaf culture if you are truly interested in learning about Deaf culture.

Wirelessly posted

No I am hearing first year ASL deaf culture student really enjoyed it and decided to minor in it. So I came to this site hoping just to understand more and talk to people. But apparently I bring up a very bad issue..... :( eeekkk

How are you managing to earn enough credits for a minor if you are already a senior and this is your first year of classes?

Wirelessly posted

Again first year student to this so no I don't know anything at all. Just wanted to talk to people who are actually part of the culture...... And yes I'm sure I will be doing a lot of reading and learning about it, thank you all for being so kind as to fill me in a bit

Wirelessly posted

Not not a year I'm sorry, I was referring to a semester they drag on so long sometimes they feel like a year. No they have not mentioned yet that you think hearing people are obnoxious...... Maybe that is in later courses....

Wirelessly posted

Again first year student to this so no I don't know anything at all. Just wanted to talk to people who are actually part of the culture...... And yes I'm sure I will be doing a lot of reading and learning about it, thank you all for being so kind as to fill me in a bit

Here's the problem: you claim to be a "first year student" but are attempting to jump into a discussion that has taken a lifetime of learning and advanced knowledge of sociology. Start at the beginning and move forward.

Wirelessly posted

Not not a year I'm sorry, I was referring to a semester they drag on so long sometimes they feel like a year. No they have not mentioned yet that you think hearing people are obnoxious...... Maybe that is in later courses....

You're busted. Go to some other forum and flame. Still can't earn enough credits to minor in your senior year. You really need to research and keep up with your lies. It makes your attempts a little more credible. Not much, but a little. LOL.

Wirelessly posted

Heres your problem..... You seem to think I'm trying to come in and take over, just asked a question while exploring the site can see now it was a huge mistake. I just wanted to talk to people from the culture that is it that is all not making any claims just exploring ..... Not wanting to anger anyone my appologies

Wirelessly posted

Oh, I see. have you ever socialize with deaf people at any deaf events?

Back