Do we have a challenge ahead of us to avoid becoming Hearing?

Wirelessly posted

So I didn't read all 220 pages of this post, but the more I explore this site the more I see negative comments towards "hearing" people. Had no idea, they don't teach you this.... Why so much dislike?

The negative comments themselves didn't explain why?

Wirelessly posted

Like I said I didn't read all 220 pages, only caught on to because we are stupid and talk about nothing.... Figured there had to be something else...

Wirelessly posted

So I didn't read all 220 pages of this post, but the more I explore this site the more I see negative comments towards "hearing" people. Had no idea, they don't teach you this.... Why so much dislike?

Check out a little deaf history. It is not so much dislike as it is having the courage to tell the truth about the way things were and the way things are. Unfortunately, hearing people are the ones who have been in control, and are still in control.

And yes, the hearing people definately teach the Deaf to be wary of them. If you were paying attention to what has been said on this site in various forums, you would see that audism and patronizing treatment of the deaf by the hearing, and by some factions of the HOH, is still alive and well.

Wirelessly posted

Like I said I didn't read all 220 pages, only caught on to because we are stupid and talk about nothing.... Figured there had to be something else...

Wouldn't it be more prudent to actually read it all and understand before making sweeping generalizations?

Wirelessly posted

Much, much more. Try a few hundred years or so.:lol:

Wouldn't it be more prudent to actually read it all and understand before making sweeping generalizations?

What!! Are you suggesting that someone actually learn the history instead of jumping in and making rash judgements????? :lol:

Wirelessly posted

Gr not nice. Sorry Ijust figured someone would be nice enough to fill me in as there is a lot of threads going around. You are mad at hearing for not understanding or learning sign language yet there is someone like me trying to understand better and learn ASL and your coming on kind of strong..... Hypocritical no?

Check out a little deaf history. It is not so much dislike as it is having the courage to tell the truth about the way things were and the way things are. Unfortunately, hearing people are the ones who have been in control, and are still in control.

And yes, the hearing people definately teach the Deaf to be wary of them. If you were paying attention to what has been said on this site in various forums, you would see that audism and patronizing treatment of the deaf by the hearing, and by some factions of the HOH, is still alive and well.

Yep. I can't help but notice that the vast majority of hearing members here (or at least, those who stick around) become Deaf. True, a few are just plain bonkers but we keep trying to have them assimilated. :giggle:

Wirelessly posted

Gr not nice. Sorry Ijust figured someone would be nice enough to fill me in as there is a lot of threads going around. You are mad at hearing for not understanding or learning sign language yet there is someone like me trying to understand better and learn ASL and your coming on kind of strong..... Hypocritical no?

:whistle:

Yep. I can't help but notice that the vast majority of hearing members here (or at least, those who stick around) become Deaf. True, a few are just plain bonkers but we keep trying to have them assimilated. :giggle:

On second thought, do we really want the bonkers ones assimilated into the Culture?:P

Wirelessly posted

If you are so interested in learning, do your research. Learn some deaf history and then attempt to discuss the whys and the wherefores.

We certainly do. They're a gas to watch! :giggle:

They are pretty humorous! I love to watch their overblown and defensive reactions to the "A" word around here.:lol: It is quite entertaining to watch them back themselves right into a corner, all the while claiming to be the "saviors" of the deaf.:giggle:

Wirelessly posted

Just curious do all deaf people think so poorly of hearing. Because I mean we are all the same right! Couldn't be that each person has their own thoughts opinions no way. Don't you think this is a little bit of a stereotype an not much fair.....

Wirelessly posted

Just curious do all deaf people think so poorly of hearing. Because I mean we are all the same right! Couldn't be that each person has their own thoughts opinions no way. Don't you think this is a little bit of a stereotype an not much fair.....

No, we are all not the same. Obviously some of us are able to recognize a troll right off, but the troll doesn't understand that he/she has already been busted.:giggle:

Summer brings out the bored high school kiddies that think they are too cool to get recognized for what they are. We are used to it around here.

Wirelessly posted

Just curious.... What age group am I talking to here or is immaturity a common thing among this site?

Wirelessly posted

No, not hypocritical.

Your SECOND post on this forum asks what's wrong with the hearing. Your FOURTH post states everyone hates you. Your 5th posts and on are in this thread whining about us not filling you in because you couldn't be bothered to read all the posts.

Maybe you should check your attitude at the door.

Wirelessly posted

Just curious.... What age group am I talking to here or is immaturity a common thing among this site?

Obviously, an age group that is much more mature than you are. Really. Someone should be monitoring your computer time.

But no worry. Keep going like you are and you will be banned before long. Just like the rest of the kiddlings that think they are mature enough to troll and flame through the anonymity of the net, but wouldn't consider saying the same things in person. Chicken littles.

Back