Do we actually want our deaf child to hear?

Do you want your deaf child to be able to hear?

• Yes

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters
yea like it's selfish to wish for a girl? :lol:

I think it would wrong to tell a child you wish they had been a girl or boy.
would you wish your child was born deaf ?

You bumped a seven year old thread to say that?

why can't I find this thread is interesting about wishing our Deaf child to hear? I haven't heard like this same question for long time ago and it comes back again.

I would rather my child to be able to hear...then again, if my child was deaf, I could accept that also....Thinking back on the hard struggle I had myself....wouldn't it be so much easier if the child could hear?....

Not nesscarily.........You're counting on a typical in every way experiance....Besides there are a multitude of ways you can adapt to being dhh....Might as well say that it's easier to be male........barriers and hardships with dhh are 100% SOCIAL.....just like woman,GLB,minority religion and so on.

yea like it's selfish to wish for a girl? :lol:

Jiro, most parents especially the fathers wish for boys a lot same like other countries. They do not want girls at all. They would rather have boys carry their last names and because to them, boys are better than girls. So that is why it is discrimination against girls and women and put them down lower than boys or men. They also don't want girls to have education, except North America is better.

So it is wrong to make a wish for a boy instead of a girl.

As for having a deaf baby, I would accept 100% deafness on either a boy or girl. ASL will help them being in touch with communication with parents and siblings.

No, I would never wish for a baby to be deaf unless something medically happen that the baby is deaf and you just have to accept the baby's deafness no matter what. CI should never put on the baby early. No, it is never too late to have CI when growing up like about 12 years old if the child want to have CI. Surgery for CI is not the way to go anyway. I don't like surgery. End of discussion. :(

Not nesscarily.........You're counting on a typical in every way experiance....Besides there are a multitude of ways you can adapt to being dhh....Might as well say that it's easier to be male........barriers and hardships with dhh are 100% SOCIAL.....just like woman,GLB,minority religion and so on.

:lol: No.

If we are talking... wave a magical wand and they could hear, would I choose it? Than perhaps yes..otherwise...no.

Back