Do the thing you fear...and the death of fear is certain

skunker

Reaction score
That was a quote from the famous poet and philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I'm HoH and thus I am nervous around women, especially ones I'm attracted to. Recently, I began to start doing the things I fear in order to gain more confidence in meeting new people. I am taking a dance class (two step) and the number of women to men ratio is like 10:3! I get to dance with all the women because there are not enough men to go around. This has helped improve my confidence. The cool thing is that dancing is a visual/physical medium, so no verbal communication is really needed. You get to look your partner straight in the eyes (and mouth when lip reading haha) and take control of the moment.

Has anyone else done something they feared lately? What has been the result? I can say, for my own self, that I've had nothing but success in doing this method. I always walk away feeling so elated and confident after doing something I fear. I'm always left thinking, "now, what was so bad about that?!"

If you start that process of change, do something different the next 90 days than you did the last 90 days...like picking up a book to read..do something different like a new health plan...relationship with your family..whatever it is, doesn't matter how small it is...if you start doing different things....you can not change the circumstances, but you can change yourself. We can change what we do.

And there's another secret I've learned: What we have at the moment is what we've attracted by the person we've become.

If you will change....everything will change for you. At the end of the day, it's not what happens that determines the major part of your future. The key is....it's what you do about it.

That was a quote from the famous poet and philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I'm HoH and thus I am nervous around women, especially ones I'm attracted to. Recently, I began to start doing the things I fear in order to gain more confidence in meeting new people. I am taking a dance class (two step) and the number of women to men ratio is like 10:3! I get to dance with all the women because there are not enough men to go around. This has helped improve my confidence. The cool thing is that dancing is a visual/physical medium, so no verbal communication is really needed. You get to look your partner straight in the eyes (and mouth when lip reading haha) and take control of the moment.

Has anyone else done something they feared lately? What has been the result? I can say, for my own self, that I've had nothing but success in doing this method. I always walk away feeling so elated and confident after doing something I fear. I'm always left thinking, "now, what was so bad about that?!"

If you start that process of change, do something different the next 90 days than you did the last 90 days...like picking up a book to read..do something different like a new health plan...relationship with your family..whatever it is, doesn't matter how small it is...if you start doing different things....you can not change the circumstances, but you can change yourself. We can change what we do.

And there's another secret I've learned: What we have at the moment is what we've attracted by the person we've become.

If you will change....everything will change for you. At the end of the day, it's not what happens that determines the major part of your future. The key is....it's what you do about it.

:gpost:

Back