Do not order from videodirect.com - they are not friendly to deaf people

bmxer

Reaction score
last week I ordered a marine pack and batteries for my sony camera. they never contacted me for over a week.
I emailed them over weekend. no response today. They should do better with emails.
I give them calls about 15 misn ago. They keep hang up on me keep saying that they do not accept relay calls.
so I keep emailing them few angry emails that I will do chargeback if nothing come here and stuff.
I said that they should accept relay calls. finally they emailed me that they cancelled my order.

here is log of the relay call.
http://bmx3r.com/103/videodirect.txt

let me know where i can report them that they are not following ADA law or not accepting relay calls.
I want to punish them badly and make police fine them badly and they will learn lesson.

thats the plms that is beginning to show up everywhere due to scams.. they think its scams so they are not interested in that? it sucks big time.. :(

can u have someone in your family or your friend who is hearing and call them?? contact them directly and explain to them.. if you live near them.. u can go over there and explain to them what relay calls means? etc.. then maybe they can understand?? hope this helps?? if too far.. call them directly by your faamily members or friends..

i am sorry to hear this happened to you.. :(

Most likely it's because they either think it's one of those scam relay calls or a telemarketer...sometimes when relay is announced they get confused and think it is a telemarketer and hang up. I know it is a big pain in the ass - it annoys me too.

Surf up for that you ordered, look for "About" or "Contact" they have a business address, then call ADA office. The ADA will call them, if they refusing listen at ADA, ADA will do set up a court orders against the company.

Same here.. :ugh3:

LuciaDisturbed said:
Most likely it's because they either think it's one of those scam relay calls or a telemarketer...sometimes when relay is announced they get confused and think it is a telemarketer and hang up. I know it is a big pain in the ass - it annoys me too.

PowerWCRulez said:
Surf up for that you ordered, look for "About" or "Contact" they have a business address, then call ADA office. The ADA will call them, if they refusing listen at ADA, ADA will do set up a court orders against the company.
That's a good thing to do.

Of course I think most of the relay providers have blocked Nigerian (sp?) calls from the country of Nigeria, as far as I've heard.

theres another way to do this
tell relay do not annouce relay call!

they can't refuse call at all
and for information regarding ADA....

go to the ADA website pull it up then send it on to that place tell them if they don't follow up, then u ll be contacting an attorney. simple.

javapride said:
theres another way to do this
tell relay do not annouce relay call!

they can't refuse call at all
and for information regarding ADA....

go to the ADA website pull it up then send it on to that place tell them if they don't follow up, then u ll be contacting an attorney. simple.

I do tell relay not to announce relay call, but sometimes they tell me they MUST announce call...they refuse to do it.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I do tell relay not to announce relay call, but sometimes they tell me they MUST announce call...they refuse to do it.
you have the right to say NO announcing thats a voilation of your right, get the interp nbr and notify the supervisor! you do not have to tell them it is a relay call end of story...

here on my business calls i tell them do NOT annouce calls when i know im calling fast food place cuz they tend to hang up ( remember we're 2 yrs behind on educating the hearies of the ada protocol s and the deaf rights so we're catching up, still would be proper to understand community needs)

javapride said:
you have the right to say NO announcing thats a voilation of your right, get the interp nbr and notify the supervisor! you do not have to tell them it is a relay call end of story...

here on my business calls i tell them do NOT annouce calls when i know im calling fast food place cuz they tend to hang up ( remember we're 2 yrs behind on educating the hearies of the ada protocol s and the deaf rights so we're catching up, still would be proper to understand community needs)

Yeah, well I hardly make relay calls anymore anyway...I really hate talking on the phone anyway. Now I just use email. But if it happens again I will do that.

bmxer said:
last week I ordered a marine pack and batteries for my sony camera. they never contacted me for over a week.
I emailed them over weekend. no response today. They should do better with emails.
I give them calls about 15 misn ago. They keep hang up on me keep saying that they do not accept relay calls.
so I keep emailing them few angry emails that I will do chargeback if nothing come here and stuff.
I said that they should accept relay calls. finally they emailed me that they cancelled my order.

let me know where i can report them that they are not following ADA law or not accepting relay calls.
I want to punish them badly and make police fine them badly and they will learn lesson.

TRY www.siprelay.com and that way relay don't talk like that to you. You can type anything you want without GA or SK

bmxer said:

Know what I tend to do whenever the company hangs up on me? I tend to hang up and call different relay operator...tell relay not to mention its relay but to talk with company and give informations for me....its simple...

Good Luck!

Ugh!

Sorry this happened to you! I read the relay calls you posted, made me angry too! Do you have any interpreter friends that will go with you TO the store and interpret for you, while you tell the manager off?

(I'm hearing, but I lost my voice when I became VERY sick and had to use relay on my sidekick) I tried calling one of my favorite restaurants to order soup over phone to pick up. I called them using relay service, and they hung up on my 2 times. First time after operator explained how relay works, the waitress said, "I don't have time for this", then hung up. Second time, she kept me waiting and never answered. So, I called back a third time and the first thing I said with relay was, "Don't you dare hang up on me". Maybe operator did a good job because the waitress didn't hang up on me again.

Score one for Nigeria.

PS: that first operator sucked.

In all seriousness, events like these are going to continue until the deaf community realizes they're voice is the one that matters to the FCC. Not the operators, not the hearing users, and certainly not some bullshitting Nigerian. If you want to put a stop to this write to your Congressman and Senator. Explain your problem as a relay user who is constantly mistaken for a scammer.

Back