Do most girls that are hearing find hearing impaired guys weird?

sultan2979 said:
for coloravalanche
no i never really went up to a girl and ask her out..i alwasy think im gunna mess up something..yea i know i gotta boost up my confidence but i just dont want to go the wrong way which it normally goes. Guys are different than girls...guys go for pretty much any girl really but girls specificially wants a guy that is her type and thats the thing that I keep thinking in my head that im not "her type".

It wont hurt to try...;)

There is nothing wrong that you hang around with hearing world..you can balance in both worlds...hearing and deaf worlds...It is healthy way...

Dont let anyone telling you not to be around with hearies or not to marry or not to date with hearies...There are nothing wrong dating with hearies...

I prefer to date and marry to hearing guy from now on...Dating deaf men pretty much turned me off as well...Maybe I will change my mind to date deaf man but right now, I prefer hearing men..;)

I am a "hearing person" and recently dated a deaf man. I found him to be no different than a man who was hearing to be honest. Inside and out a man is a man..inside is who you are. If women ignore you because you are deaf-well then they are being prejudiced and closed-minded. You need not to put your head down in shame or anything because of your deafness...hang your head high and be proud to be a decent and noble man inside and out. That is what matters. The right kind of woman will come around eventually.

Hmmm and why did deaf men pretty much turned you off? Was it because they couldnt get what you were saying? or were they just simply bored you with shyness or what?

Anything can happen if you believe in yourself, i am a "hearing person" (I dont understand why we have differences in what we are called we are all normal people) :ugh3:
anyway as i was saying i am a hearing person and my parnter is hearing impaired ( he is fully deaf but i think "deaf" is a harsh word for it ) and we are now engaged. He liked me for 3 years before he asked me out and i liked him and didnt know so if he believed in himself we would have been together alot sooner and the same goes for me if i believed in myself so really we have wasted 3 years of which we could have been together :)

I have had deaf friends for years and I'm a Hearie. I'm much more involved in the Deaf community now that I have a Deaf son but it never made any difference to me one way or the other. I am a very accepting and open minded person and I have friends from all walks of life. Actually right now I am getting divorced and I would love to have a Deaf guy to hang out with to help teach me and Little G sign whether it worked into a relationship or not. Good luck hon,

Zoo

sultan2979 said:
Endymion
Thanks for the adivsed, i appreciated the help. Yea, ill have to check out the ASL classes and be the bad boy that I am haha. I havent thought about that which I should have thought of.

No big deal. Always glad to chip in!

Do you think the problem is because im not hanging out with deaf people and i need to go back into my "deaf roots"? Should I expand my friends with deaf people? Sometimes I think I need to start hanging out with "my kind", but im always doing something else and never really look out for hearing impaired people. I once used to have all friends that were deaf but that stopped in 7th grade which was a long time ago and ever since ive been hanging out with only hearing people.

Nah, man. Do what makes you comfortable. If you feel good with hanging with deaf people, do that. For me, it's reassuring to have deaf friends to hang out with from time to time. One thing though, don't make friends with someone just because they're deaf; hang with them because they're cool. Some people out there are just plain crazy, whether they're deaf or hearing. (Like my old professor. Pheewww, did that guy need a shower!)

By the way, send me a PM. I'll give you my e-mail and we can chat more. You sound like a pretty cool dude.

Haha thats cool, you sound cool too and thanks again for the advise. Whats a PM? Yea, let me know what you're e-mail address is and im always online so if you want to chat, let me know

Zookeeper4321 that's cool about your son and if you can, try to teach your son to learn how to speak (im profound deaf and have 85% of hearing loss. My parents busted my ass to learn how to talk which the doctors told my parents that I would never be able to talk like a normal person but my parents proved them wrong and I now am talking just like any other person) and good luck to you on finding a guy that you want.

BrandyJ, I just send you an e-mail so it should be in your mail box by the time you read this.

Thanks everybody for all the small advises. I feel a lot better now.

Hey There ok lets start out with the you should have to feel embarassed. And maybe it would be easier for you to date someone who is hoh/ deaf maybe they can teach you ASL and it would be easier to communicate. I'm just starting to figure this out. I'm HOH and I knew like 10 signs and just talked and read lips. I'm now learning more signs and it is alot easier to communicate. I think you should look into finding some HOH/ Deaf people in and around your area it might help alot.

Ps. A PM is a private message look at the top right it will say

Welcome, sultan2979.
you last vistited: last time
Private Messages: # unread, Total #

you can learn sign languages from ASL when i was 5 years old im learn from sign languages classes and know everythings about that but if you have dating you can learn sign languages like as A-Z and spelling not so fast from your dating what saying need slow spelling i always fast spelling all the times its my habits.

i had previous boyfriend who is hearing im not sure if he learn sign languages or not but i never met him and i got broke him up several years ago for his reasons dues of his crimes.

but im have current boyfriend who lived in Florida he also hearing but i will teach him to sign languages like mom and dad, everythings and also A-Z

"Zookeeper4321 that's cool about your son and if you can, try to teach your son to learn how to speak (im profound deaf and have 85% of hearing loss. My parents busted my ass to learn how to talk which the doctors told my parents that I would never be able to talk like a normal person but my parents proved them wrong and I now am talking just like any other person) a
nd good luck to you on finding a guy that you want."

Little G is in speech therapy and has bilateral aides. Its slow going but he is starting to talk. His sign has been slow as well but he is starting to pick it up too. Thanks for sharing your story it's very encouraging. I want him to sign and read.

P.S. I am sorta seeing a HOH man online. He is planning a trip to meet me soon. Good luck to you.

Zoo

Levonian said:
To be perfectly honest, I’m sure that there are a lot of girls who would be embarrassed to be seen in public with a deaf guy. But who gives a shit what they think. On the other hand, now that deafness, Deaf culture, and ASL are all mega tres chic with the high school and freshman crowd, I can see deafness as actually being a social advantage, rather than a disadvantage. So I would call it kind of a toss-up. :dunno:
Thats what I think also...alot of hearing girls always reject me for some reason than deaf girls do so...if a hearing girl just rejected you because your deaf or whatever, then she's a total bitch.

Being with hearing ones as most chance :

Woman > Man

What I seen in my lifetime : more deaf women married hearing men than deaf men. And more deaf men divorced hearing ladies more than deaf women.

MaxUFC said:

Woman > Man

What I seen in my lifetime : more deaf women married hearing men than deaf men. And more deaf men divorced hearing ladies more than deaf women.

I married hearing woman but not happy and loveless suffer. She asked me to marry her. It was too late I should say NO because I was stuck loveless many years. Divorce can be ugly when you have children. It does not look good. My divorce will be over very soon! I can't give details here until DIVORCE. Get it over. I will put bad past behind me and move better life.

The important thing is just be yourself and you will be surprise that not ALL girls are like that... :)

MaxUFC said:

Woman > Man

Thats also what I think too...deaf women seems to have it alittle easier than deaf men do for some reasons.

starrygaze said:
I married hearing woman but not happy and loveless suffer. She asked me to marry her. It was too late I should say NO because I was stuck loveless many years. Divorce can be ugly when you have children. It does not look good. My divorce will be over very soon! I can't give details here until DIVORCE. Get it over. I will put bad past behind me and move better life.

Right on to move on your life into better. Take your time. Good luck. :)

Steel X said:
Thats also what I think too...deaf women seems to have it alittle easier than deaf men do for some reasons.

Yeah for "some reasons". What I seen their common reasons : better finances and their parent's approvals and love, too.

So far, I knows of these ladies had their win-lost sitauton with hearing hubbies. All I say to them "wish you happy and health marriage".

Sultan,

I totally understand about your situation because I was in your shoes when I was in the high school. I wore a hearing aid and I had a lot of friends, but they did not want to date me for a few reasons like this. They learned some ASL, but it did not help at all . After I graduated from the high school, they and I already lost to keep in touch. For few years later, I finally saw old friends, but it did not like our time. Things changed, so I was glad that I moved on and I prefer to date a deaf/hoh girl. If a woman does not like you because of that reason, let her go and nothing u can do to get her.

coloravalanche said:
Have you tried to approach a hearing girl and ask her out? I dont see any reason for some of hearing girls being embarrass...

Ive dated hearing guys and they were not embarrass at all...
exactly! If they are embarrass then they arne't the right person for you.... there is a bunch of ppl out there for anyone to date or have fun with!! :angel:

Solution: Stay away from hearing gals. I know it sounds harsh but from my experience, they were nothing but problems.

Back