Do Jews believe in Jesus and still be Jewish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hottiedeafboi said:
Well, I don't think u read all I said, the roblem is this, its called taking side, but I point it both and I got ur point what some christians does, even real people as christians cut down on me, bec I don't live up "their' standard, that will not make an excuse to walk out on my faith. And you know what? They act like non christians, bec non christians behaving same way. Its all about blame game. As I see the best example as christians to share the point of view, is sculley and reba. When one try to point out and there is a feed back, what non christians say? See, christians never give up, they keep arguing, non christian( no name mention) did it calmly, what make u think christian isn't? Bec I see, christian does same way as non christians. There is no point by accussing, its like you stupid christian, you are so stupid, I know better than you and on the accusations, what you expect some christians get agitated as much non christians, christians are human just like you and yes, as you said you are a christian, that is good. But as christian virtue, if you have a problem with your bro or sister in the Lord, need to reasoning out. If not, whoever or what, that's whoever's problem. The whole issue is not what christians did, its who they are, its what the blame is all about. I don't care if a person is a christians or not, there is no reason, so called "what I believe how I feel" attitude to blame on a person. Christians virtue is this, " love those and bless those who falsify, or hurt, or blaming or hate or unforgiven." And that's include forgive others as yourself with all cost. Is it easy? No. What the does Paul say about pressing on? And also other virtue, love your enemies. I have to deal with my own problems and move on, not well, he/she hurts my feelings, noone understand my feelings(either boohoo self pity attitude or anger) c9mments. That's all to it. Its not just christians, is non christians also.

hottiedeafboi,

Good post and may I add, yes I am a Christian, but do you think I dress up in a suit for church on Sundays and Wednesday nights? :Ohno: :eek2: Those days are over! It seems to me that Teresh has an issue with "hypocrites." Well, if that be the case, I see hypocrites every day when I look for houses for them or am in traffic. They're at the grocery store, too, so I'd suggest to Teresh not to go there, as there are too many hypocrites there. :nono:

Did you know that I don't talk in "thee's" and "thou's?" :eek: I don't end every phrase with "God bless you" as do a few here (one of which is in boot camp, w/o naming names?). I might slip with my attitude or cuss or get frustrated. :pissed: Seems that Teresh doesn't want us to be human :roll: . . . well . . . that will never happen . . . we're all human, so why have a different set of standards for Christians?

pek1 said:
hottiedeafboi,

Good post and may I add, yes I am a Christian, but do you think I dress up in a suit for church on Sundays and Wednesday nights? :Ohno: :eek2: Those days are over! It seems to me that Teresh has an issue with "hypocrites." Well, if that be the case, I see hypocrites every day when I look for houses for them or am in traffic. They're at the grocery store, too, so I'd suggest to Teresh not to go there, as there are too many hypocrites there. :nono:

Did you know that I don't talk in "thee's" and "thou's?" :eek: I don't end every phrase with "God bless you" as do a few here (one of which is in boot camp, w/o naming names?). I might slip with my attitude or cuss or get frustrated. :pissed: Seems that Teresh doesn't want us to be human :roll: . . . well . . . that will never happen . . . we're all human, so why have a different set of standards for Christians?
That's an example what many christians do. Well, do we have to have a suit and sometimes by saying that's respect of God, and the truth is, with any sins in our lives by gossippping, two face, judgemental, living sex outside of marriage, being drunk, hating, unforgiving, inspite how we dress, but what God sees is disgusting. At the same time, some who are dealing with their own weaknesses we don't see which others are seeking God to help to deal their own weaknesses, bec all of us has weaknesses, the only art, in Christ, He is enabling us to press on and fight, revenge is the Lord's and the battle is the Lord's, all our position is defend against spiritual darkness. In Christ, the best healing is love and forgive with all cost. Like on other thread, what I share about what I have gone thru, you know what? One person in church leak each person about my weakness and miss all the point and gossip really destroy the Body of Christ. When its ppersonal, should remain and edify one another. But rather not discuss further bec its long story. The question you ask is approppriate, smile. Oh, thanks by the way. Yeah we suppose to speak modern language not, old english language. Hehehe smile

pek1 said:
Second, did you know that the Bible is NOT written to the non-believer?

Oh really? Most scholars would hold that the different Gospels were intended for different audiences, all non-Christians.

pek1 said:
Being a Jew (Old Testament) is fulfilled in the New Testament as Christianity, which Teresh doesn't believe.

The Jewish scriptures include the Tanakh (why don't you start using the proper term?), but that is not the only important book in Judaism... The amount of canonical text in Judaism far exceeds that of Christianity.

pek1 said:
Nor does he need someone who is living under the old levitical law to defend Him, if truly Teresh is.

Observant Jews live under Rabbinic law, not Levitical law (unless they are kohanim). Under Levitical law, the vast majority of the rules were only imposed on the priests and the non-priests were not expected or required to follow them.

Modernist Judaism has rejected some aspects of traditional Jewish law as a compromise between modernity and tradition.

pek1 said:
Seems that Teresh doesn't want us to be human :roll: . . . well . . . that will never happen . . . we're all human, so why have a different set of standards for Christians?

I don't impose a different set of standards for Christians. I'd say that you have a profound failing at understanding my opinion as you're clearly not getting the message.

We are all human, and as such, Christians need to respect that most of the people in this world are not adherents of their faith.

Oh that part I forgot, Bible is also for non christians, bec there are some for them also, which some gave there heart to Christ from the Bible and also, who falls away brought back etc.

pek1 said:
jazzy,

I retired from being in the ministry in 2000 because of the same issues. However, I can now say to these same Christians that have hurt me in the past, "No hard feelings." Do you know why? For starters, people who are not Christians think that we, as Christians, can explain the who, what, why, where, when, how of our faith. The truth is, we cannot. Second, did you know that the Bible is NOT written to the non-believer? That is why they can't understand it, nor can they ever, no matter how many years of university training or self-teaching they have. Being a Jew (Old Testament) is fulfilled in the New Testament as Christianity, which Teresh doesn't believe. It doesn't matter to me if she doesn't believe it, it's written in the New Testament that the Old Testament is fulfilled.

Are u telling me, people who practice CC are non-believers and not Christians? They do not understand bible? This is what I am getting impress from many Christians about my faith thru CC. I am tired of fighting this stupid battles with many Christians. They do not know me. I am very loyal to Him and will never leave Him. I do not care if u or other not call me Christian but I know who I am and where I belong to Him only Him.

As for Teresh, she is someone who is smart and very good at it debating. Nothing is wrong with it, if others find it too much for them to deal people alike hers then they have nothing to offer her.

jazzy said:
Are u telling me, people who practice CC are non-believers and not Christians? They do not understand bible? This is what I am getting impress from many Christians about my faith thru CC. I am tired of fighting this stupid battles with many Christians. They do not know me. I am very loyal to Him and will never leave Him. I do not care if u or other not call me Christian but I know who I am and where I belong to Him only Him.

As for Teresh, she is someone who is smart and very good at it debating. Nothing is wrong with it, if others find it too much for them to deal people alike hers then they have nothing to offer her.

:gpost: Jazzy!

hottiedeafboi said:
So does Sculley and Reba, good in debating also.

I agree, but I need a break from debatin'. :)

hottiedeafboi said:
Well, I don't think u read all I said, the roblem is this, its called taking side, but I point it both and I got ur point what some christians does, even real people as christians cut down on me, bec I don't live up "their' standard, that will not make an excuse to walk out on my faith. And you know what? They act like non christians, bec non christians behaving same way. Its all about blame game. As I see the best example as christians to share the point of view, is sculley and reba. When one try to point out and there is a feed back, what non christians say? See, christians never give up, they keep arguing, non christian( no name mention) did it calmly, what make u think christian isn't? Bec I see, christian does same way as non christians. There is no point by accussing, its like you stupid christian, you are so stupid, I know better than you and on the accusations, what you expect some christians get agitated as much non christians, christians are human just like you and yes, as you said you are a christian, that is good. But as christian virtue, if you have a problem with your bro or sister in the Lord, need to reasoning out. If not, whoever or what, that's whoever's problem. The whole issue is not what christians did, its who they are, its what the blame is all about. I don't care if a person is a christians or not, there is no reason, so called "what I believe how I feel" attitude to blame on a person. Christians virtue is this, " love those and bless those who falsify, or hurt, or blaming or hate or unforgiven." And that's include forgive others as yourself with all cost. Is it easy? No. What the does Paul say about pressing on? And also other virtue, love your enemies. I have to deal with my own problems and move on, not well, he/she hurts my feelings, noone understand my feelings(either boohoo self pity attitude or anger) c9mments. That's all to it. Its not just christians, is non christians also.

U have not read in past posts here on Ad about them speak ill against my own religion. What shall I do about it, shall I keep it quiet and not say one word and let them walk all over me? I respect u because your different from others and show more tolerate to people with many different faiths. As for mature Christians, I enjoy them but for not mature Christians, I stay away from them and let them grow up, hopefully.

Throwstones said:
I will not interact with Teresh or anyone else who calls me a liar!

I am not calling you a liar and I am sorry u think she calls u liar. I do not see her calling u a liar but to discuss this with u about it.

jazzy said:
U have not read in past posts here on Ad about them speak ill against my own religion. What shall I do about it, shall I keep it quiet and not say one word and let them walk all over me? I respect u because your different from others and show more tolerate to people with many different faiths. As for mature Christians, I enjoy them but for not mature Christians, I stay away from them and let them grow up, hopefully.
I know what you mean and no, shouldn't be quiet about it, need to talk particular person(s) to talk. As non mature christians is dependable, if its new christian, let them learn something out of it, there are different degree, if they are christian for long time, some called it fat baby or carnal christians, its dependable. If you are familiar with little house on the prairie, have you notice how the Ingalls pput up with Harriet Oleson? Can we? And you know what? Many, like me, where I was from that church isn't fortunate one, bec gossipping is overwhelming and many are hurting, some did make mistakes, but how church treat who has fallen, mistreating even further, I m a victim of that. Right now, I'm from another state, I've been going to that church little over a month now and I love it, but that's just a start, bec I mostly go to worship and praise hour. I learned so much from the sermon, that is speaking directly to me. Am I against the other church where I was? No. I learned something from the sermon I go. But before that, I keep looking at the cross, and noticed what Jesus been going thru. Forgiveness is the key and center of christian faith. Btw, what is CC? Is that Church of Christ?

Throwstones said:
ALEX.... please lock this thread now thanks!

:locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :locked: :lo :locked: cked:

The only one who can lock the thread is LinuxGold. Everyone else is at the AD Caucus until Sunday. :D

Kudos to Teresh for standing up for her beliefs that she arrived at with rationality. :thumb:
I've had some debates with Christians at RIT. Plenty of them respected me as a person, ie by not giving me a black eye, but some didn't do the same for my beliefs and nonbeliefs. It'd be hard to deal with a debate like the one here in real life with people in front of you expecting answers right away. :ugh: But at least it's easier when there's time to write posts.

I would say that most of my faiths are Messianic Judaism! And no one can take it away from me! For Jewish people like myself who belives in Jesus as their Messiah is called messiancs.

don't have to be a Christian to believe in Jesus. Jesus was a Jew...

who created that word, "Christian"?

Why Jewish can't be Hebrew, is that the same thing?

Do Jewish Americans still call themselves Israelis?

FreedummyRing said:
don't have to be a Christian to believe in Jesus. Jesus was a Jew...

who created that word, "Christian"?

Why Jewish can't be Hebrew, is that the same thing?

Do Jewish Americans still call themselves Israelis?

"Christian" breaks into "Christ" and "-ian", a suffix we use to denote that something is related to the root. Thus, a Christian is a person of Christ; I suppose you could believe in Jesus and not follow him, but if you are a follower of Christ, you are by definition a Christian.

Not that that means you couldn't be other things as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back