Do Jews believe in Jesus and still be Jewish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oceanbreeze said:
EagleCherokee63 said:
I don't think that is going to work. Only Throwstones can request that this thread be locked. It would be a shame, though, to lock the thread just because, you all disagree with Teresh and I.

Just goes to show how intolerant some people are of others beliefs.
I don't think that's how it goes. Not just throwstone felt offend by her being apostalic jews, part of it is offensive and its more than that. Don't covered up, I have no way seeing teresh being calm and etc. Its all about finding fault just about christians way and rationing. I don't buy that. I don't care if she is a christian or not, and no, there are many ways she exalt herself above others and yes, I see someway she has offended throwstones and yes, she gets out of line bec how she felt. Just like sculley, he has his point, but he got disrespect comments toward him, and don't say it does not happen that way. And don't say some put their word in her mouth and she doesn't, as I see, she has that also. It s like what I point, nobody say another word and claiming christian cutting her down, instead they have their right to continue their views as much teresh has.

hottiedeafboi said:
Oceanbreeze said:
I don't think that's how it goes. Not just throwstone felt offend by her being apostalic jews, part of it is offensive and its more than that. Don't covered up, I have no way seeing teresh being calm and etc. Its all about finding fault just about christians way and rationing. I don't buy that. I don't care if she is a christian or not, and no, there are many ways she exalt herself above others and yes, I see someway she has offended throwstones and yes, she gets out of line bec how she felt. Just like sculley, he has his point, but he got disrespect comments toward him, and don't say it does not happen that way. And don't say some put their word in her mouth and she doesn't, as I see, she has that also. It s like what I point, nobody say another word and claiming christian cutting her down, instead they have their right to continue their views as much teresh has.

Why are you so upset? Just because, she has a different point of view than you do? It's funny how you say that Throwstones was offended by Teresh's comments. I don't see Throwstones making that claim. I see OTHERS making that claim for that person, and wanting to lock up this thread, because such claims are being made. I stand by what I said. I don't believe Teresh was being disrespectful at all. She just seems to know alittle more about what HER belief system is. She actually can back up her beliefs with knowledge she has gained absent any such dogma she has been taught. Can mainstream Christians say that? No. Most cannot.

Oceanbreeze said:
hottiedeafboi said:
Why are you so upset? Just because, she has a different point of view than you do? It's funny how you say that Throwstones was offended by Teresh's comments. I don't see Throwstones making that claim. I see OTHERS making that claim for that person, and wanting to lock up this thread, because such claims are being made. I stand by what I said. I don't believe Teresh was being disrespectful at all. She just seems to know alittle more about what HER belief system is. She actually can back up her beliefs with knowledge she has gained absent any such dogma she has been taught. Can mainstream Christians say that? No. Most cannot.
Oh, I wasn't upset, I was going like, whoa whoa,whoa, its more like volcano erupt. Well, throwstone hasn't say she felt offended, but I knew her, and she does felt offended and even when some were really upset want to cut teresh off bec things tersh has said as I read by the view her belief but in negative way. I have said this before, there are big different as online and face to face, bec I have seen so much conflict of way how we view on other persons behavior. As I don't remember who said about sick of christians apologetic phrase, well, some are asking for apology in genuine way. When christians say poz, they get neg comments or as a start, "I know better than you do" or I know better than everyone else. As I point out, instead of using christians, it should be use as "some" christians. Bec in some way when said christians, make it sound stereotyping. Each christians has different ways of behaving and there are a lot asking the Lord to show their own error and ask the Lord by the help of the Holy Spirit and each has different Spiritual levels. In some ways, by claiming who we met, and thinking we are lacking and that's what sculley points out. No, only worries me is some are ending up bitterness and shut em out and etc, not want to see what has happpen. Yes, not just teresh, there are other does likewise in good ways.

I'm Jewish and we don't believe in Jesus.

Most all Jews don't believe in Jesus.
Some Jews follow all the Jewish laws ect.
We do believe in God,but not the way you all do.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

Margie said:
Most all Jews don't believe in Jesus.
Some Jews follow all the Jewish laws ect.
We do believe in God,but not the way you all do.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

Thank you, Margie. Im not Jewish, but I also don't follow traditional Christian beliefs, either...

My pt in this debate is that we should respect ALL beliefs.

hottiedeafboi said:
Oceanbreeze said:
Oh, I wasn't upset, I was going like, whoa whoa,whoa, its more like volcano erupt. Well, throwstone hasn't say she felt offended, but I knew her, and she does felt offended and even when some were really upset want to cut teresh off bec things tersh has said as I read by the view her belief but in negative way.

Two things:

First, If Throwstones was offended, then she should stand up and say so; instead of allowing other people speak for her. It shows a lack of back bone .

Second, Teresh wasn't being negative towards anyone. They were being negative towards her. Furthermore, Teresh is a big girl, and doesn't need me to fight her battles for her. In fact, she didn't ask me to speak up on her behalf. I did so of my own accord based on things I saw in the thread.

Take this for what it's worth. It tooks to me like the Christians in this thread are making themselves look bad, and Teresh is just defending her position.

As previously stated, if some of you want to win someone to Christ, you don't do it by debating someone.

I am only giving my observations as I saw them while reading the entire thread. I read the whole thread before I posted my comments. In my view as an objective observer, it looked like Teresh was the one who's beliefs were being bashed. Not the other way around.

Hey margie, thanks for bringing that up. As you point out of your side of jewish, even not know which jew you are. Bec I know there different jewish group of different perspective. Again, thanks smile

Your welcome!

Theres no law saying that you have to follow your christian ways, Oceanbreeze.
Alot of people mock you cause of what you believe in.
Thats not good.
We follow most of the Jewish laws.

Well, I see differently and its not what I see. Bec, yes, some kinda push to far and may seem to win someone to Christ and I agree its impropriate. But some have not what others has point out. At first claiming what one doesn't know anything which a person has known. Bec my way of seeing each has the right to ppoint out whenever the issue is about, but somewhere along the way got out of hand and using misconceptions, bec I ve been in here quite awhile as I see one saying the other twisting and told me by not knowing what's going on, and then longer I see and read and stil saying she's twisting what I see she hasn't, I'm talking about the other person, not on this thread . This is where the problem comes and yes, I am confuse why by thinking tht and etc. I agree, about throwstone, but there is someway by saying about tresesh to covering for her likewise. This is the problem, it isn't just christians, its anyone. Like I said, don't need to shut someone out. The way I see is covering for non christians, and yes some christians behave that way, but not just them, its also goes for non christians.

Margie said:
Theres no law saying that you have to follow your christian ways, Oceanbreeze.
Alot of people mock you cause of what you believe in.
Thats not good.
We follow most of the Jewish laws.

Thanks, except my ways aren't entirely Christian based. My beliefs are eclectic in nature.

hottiedeafboi said:
I wonder if teresh is family heritage from the Pharisees or Sadduccees, bec his remarks is sooo similar as them. And still didn't get it about King of Israel and world peace and etc.

:bowlol: Ain't that the truth!

pek1 said:
:bowlol: Ain't that the truth!
You knowwhat part I'm so goofy about, I said his, bec I get confuse if she/he a boy. And she felt inapppropriate for calling her his. I thought, huh? Now, I'm confuse then I read back, yup, she's a female. I ve been having hard time catching meeting new people, I mean many. Ouch ouch. Lol

Oceanbreeze said:
Two things:

First, If Throwstones was offended, then she should stand up and say so; instead of allowing other people speak for her. It shows a lack of back bone .

Second, Teresh wasn't being negative towards anyone. They were being negative towards her. Furthermore, Teresh is a big girl, and doesn't need me to fight her battles for her. In fact, she didn't ask me to speak up on her behalf. I did so of my own accord based on things I saw in the thread.

Take this for what it's worth. It tooks to me like the Christians in this thread are making themselves look bad, and Teresh is just defending her position.

As previously stated, if some of you want to win someone to Christ, you don't do it by debating someone.

I am only giving my observations as I saw them while reading the entire thread. I read the whole thread before I posted my comments. In my view as an objective observer, it looked like Teresh was the one who's beliefs were being bashed. Not the other way around.
:gpost:

sculleywr said:
I am going to abandon this post to the heckhole it is going to. Goodbye.
Yes, it has been, and you set a good example and you shared ur point ofview as teresh has, and yes, some non christians think you cut teresh down and truthfully, you havent. You did appropriate, itsnot just you, its all about finding fault is bec u r a christian. My friend told me about the same problem she isn't here in the debate bec of tha.t. That's when I'm new in here and the way I see, its true. Its not just christians, but also non christians. As for me, I won't hold against on anyone, except to stop by using profanity and degrading remarks. But I myself not so sure if I will or not, by continue in someway, God will let me know to stop,bec in the Bible did mentioned about not using constant debating. In someway, not know where that will pput a stop to it when they point out, and try to reply back to correct it or how I believe or see or whatever that is. Here is more challenge I face than I have in the real world. Bec seeing online, and meeting in real person, there will be a huge different. It is a heckhole. Again, you did a great job.

Teresh, u nailed it beautiful by bring their own worst out of their own shells. :)

hottiedeafboi said:
Yes, it has been, and you set a good example and you shared ur point ofview as teresh has, and yes, some non christians think you cut teresh down and truthfully, you havent. You did appropriate, itsnot just you, its all about finding fault is bec u r a christian. My friend told me about the same problem she isn't here in the debate bec of tha.t. That's when I'm new in here and the way I see, its true. Its not just christians, but also non christians. As for me, I won't hold against on anyone, except to stop by using profanity and degrading remarks. But I myself not so sure if I will or not, by continue in someway, God will let me know to stop,bec in the Bible did mentioned about not using constant debating. In someway, not know where that will pput a stop to it when they point out, and try to reply back to correct it or how I believe or see or whatever that is. Here is more challenge I face than I have in the real world. Bec seeing online, and meeting in real person, there will be a huge different. It is a heckhole. Again, you did a great job.

Problem with Christians here, they won't look at their own mirror and see what they did harm to others as they have to me in past. I still embrace Jesus but I still have to deal with their ingornant to my own faith. I am getting so tired and fed up with those who know it all and judgement on everyone else's faith.

jazzy said:
Problem with Christians here, they won't look at their own mirror and see what they did harm to others as they have to me in past. I still embrace Jesus but I still have to deal with their ingornant to my own faith. I am getting so tired and fed up with those who know it all and judgement on everyone else's faith.
Well, I don't think u read all I said, the roblem is this, its called taking side, but I point it both and I got ur point what some christians does, even real people as christians cut down on me, bec I don't live up "their' standard, that will not make an excuse to walk out on my faith. And you know what? They act like non christians, bec non christians behaving same way. Its all about blame game. As I see the best example as christians to share the point of view, is sculley and reba. When one try to point out and there is a feed back, what non christians say? See, christians never give up, they keep arguing, non christian( no name mention) did it calmly, what make u think christian isn't? Bec I see, christian does same way as non christians. There is no point by accussing, its like you stupid christian, you are so stupid, I know better than you and on the accusations, what you expect some christians get agitated as much non christians, christians are human just like you and yes, as you said you are a christian, that is good. But as christian virtue, if you have a problem with your bro or sister in the Lord, need to reasoning out. If not, whoever or what, that's whoever's problem. The whole issue is not what christians did, its who they are, its what the blame is all about. I don't care if a person is a christians or not, there is no reason, so called "what I believe how I feel" attitude to blame on a person. Christians virtue is this, " love those and bless those who falsify, or hurt, or blaming or hate or unforgiven." And that's include forgive others as yourself with all cost. Is it easy? No. What the does Paul say about pressing on? And also other virtue, love your enemies. I have to deal with my own problems and move on, not well, he/she hurts my feelings, noone understand my feelings(either boohoo self pity attitude or anger) c9mments. That's all to it. Its not just christians, is non christians also.

jazzy said:

jazzy,

I retired from being in the ministry in 2000 because of the same issues. However, I can now say to these same Christians that have hurt me in the past, "No hard feelings." Do you know why? For starters, people who are not Christians think that we, as Christians, can explain the who, what, why, where, when, how of our faith. The truth is, we cannot. Second, did you know that the Bible is NOT written to the non-believer? That is why they can't understand it, nor can they ever, no matter how many years of university training or self-teaching they have. Being a Jew (Old Testament) is fulfilled in the New Testament as Christianity, which Teresh doesn't believe. It doesn't matter to me if she doesn't believe it, it's written in the New Testament that the Old Testament is fulfilled.

jazzy said:
Teresh, u nailed it beautiful by bring their own worst out of their own shells. :)

Fourth, God doesn't need Christians to defend Him, as He has already done that Himself through Jesus Christ. Nor does he need someone who is living under the old levitical law to defend Him, if truly Teresh is.

As I see it, God said it through His word and that settles it. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back