Do Jews believe in Jesus and still be Jewish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresh said:
As you are, at this time, ignorant, you have no basis on which to make the claim that Christianity is the completion of anything.

Jesus was not the center of scorn or a political enemy of the state. If anything, he was fairly well respected. He was an enemy of Rome, yes, but the Jews in Judea didn't like Rome (and Rome didn't like them) anyway so that wasn't a problem.

Speaking of ignorance, my dear, perhaps you should practice what you preach and read things for yourself, as you said (above) regarding Jesus. Yes, he was hated by Jews because He called them exactly what they were. He wasn't an enemy of Rome at all. Are we reading the same Bible, Teresh? Quote book, chapter and verse that says Jesus was an enemy of Rome? Where are you getting your information? I got mine from reading church history and world history. If you want people to respect you, Teresh, you need to cite where you're getting your information from. Jews are widely known for blatently rejecting their own Messiah; haven't you read what the Messiah's job description was in the Old Testament? Sheesh! I throw your own information back at you, yet you are the one that is totally ignorant.

By the way, I learned church history in a Christian college, but I learned world history in a public university.

Teresh said:
...you're also blind to the fact that not everyone has the same view of the world as you do.
I'm not "blind to the fact that not everyone has the same view of the world." It is quite evident that the majority of people of the world haven't accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. It is also quite evident that many people deny the truth of the New Testament Scriptures. So? That doesn't negate the truth of those Scriptures. God's truth doesn't depend on a majority vote.

Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Bacon cheeseburgers, Reba, bacon cheeseburgers... Oh, and four-cornered garments with fringes, too, can't forget those.
As you know, God gave the dietary and ceremonial laws in Deuteronomy to His chosen people, the Jews. Those laws separated out His people from the contamination of the non-believers and their ways. Those verses also described the lands that were promised to the Jews. The lands were NOT promised to Christians. I have no claim on the Promised Land.

I'm not ignoring those verses. They don't apply to me, a non-Jew, Christian. Just like verses that tell husbands how to treat wives don't apply to me, and verses that list requirements for Nazarites and Levite priests don't apply to me. Passages that are addressed directly to specific individuals or groups apply only to those people.

... Just because the book exists does not make it true.
That's right. The Book exists because it is the Truth given to us by God.

You deny the legitimacy of every sacred text other than your own, why do you have a problem with someone denying the legitimacy of yours?
I don't "have a problem" with someone denying the truth of the Bible. I expect it.

I hope you don't "have a problem" with someone proclaiming the truth of the Bible. :)

Teresh said:
God didn't destroy the Muslims, the Taoists, the Hindus, the Buddhists or the Native Americans. You can't base religious significance on which cultures died out as a great many survived that are not Jewish or Christian.

Like? By my observation, Christianity didn't adopt many (or any) Jewish traditions.
Indians, buddhist, hindus and etc, hasn't comes yet, but as of indians, there also some are christians, tho there still indians. But indians are people, not religions. Who is Paul, who is Matthew, who is Peter, they were jewish, all punishment of our sins is upon Jesus Christ, there is none righteousness (excluded Jesus, bec He is Son of God and God Himself as of FACT)

pek1 said:
Yes, he was hated by Jews because He called them exactly what they were.

He wasn't any more hated than any other Pharisee of the School of Hillel (which ultimately became the dominant force in Judaism, if you don't know).

He wasn't an enemy of Rome at all.

Inciting revolution doesn't make one an enemy of Rome?

pek1 said:
Are we reading the same Bible, Teresh? Quote book, chapter and verse that says Jesus was an enemy of Rome? Where are you getting your information? I got mine from reading church history and world history.

Church history, but not world history is where your information comes from. The Jews were an occupied people and as such did not like their occupiers. It is an understood fact, also, that the Romans did not particularly like the Jews as they were a polytheistic people who grew on Hellenism, both concepts the Jews did not adopt (although Hellenized Jews did become much more common later on). Jesus, as a Jew, is unlikely to have liked those oppressing his people any more than any other Jew did.

pek1 said:
Jews are widely known for blatently rejecting their own Messiah;

In Christianity, yes...

pek1 said:
haven't you read what the Messiah's job description was in the Old Testament?

Yes... And Jesus did not do all of the things that the Messiah was supposed to accomplish. Most of the citations of the "job description" given by Christians are either misquotes, mistranslations, not actually prophecies or, in rare cases, even completely fabricated. The ones that are legitimate prophecies are things that anyone could have done. Riding into Jerusalem on a donkey, for example. I could do that, but that doesn't make me the Messiah either.

Meanwhile, when Jesus is examined according to the actual Messianic prophecies, he doesn't hold up to scrunity, even when accepting the Gospels as accurate accounts. Jesus did not restore the Israelites unto Israel, he did not reign as King of Israel, he is not a descendant of King David, he did not bring world peace and still a great many people on this planet do not acknowledge the One God.

Reba said:
I'm not ignoring those verses. They don't apply to me, a non-Jew, Christian. Just like verses that tell husbands how to treat wives don't apply to me, and verses that list requirements for Nazarites and Levite priests don't apply to me. Passages that are addressed directly to specific individuals or groups apply only to those people.

OK, your logic applied, lesbianism should be accepted as it is not condemed in the Torah.

Reba said:
That's right. The Book exists because it is the Truth given to us by God.

The Great Gastby is a better story than the Jesus story. Maybe you should canonise that too.

You grasp the words but not the meaning. That is what you don't understand here.

Reba said:
I hope you don't "have a problem" with someone proclaiming the truth of the Bible.

I don't have a problem with you having faith. I have a problem with your insecurity such that you have the need for other people to have the same beliefs in order to be spiritually fulfilled.

I wonder if teresh is family heritage from the Pharisees or Sadduccees, bec his remarks is sooo similar as them. And still didn't get it about King of Israel and world peace and etc.

again!!! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: I read it whoa! again! Whoa!!! hot discuss and keep it and keep it!!!

pek1 said:
Speaking of ignorance, my dear, perhaps you should practice what you preach and read things for yourself, as you said (above) regarding Jesus. Yes, he was hated by Jews because He called them exactly what they were. He wasn't an enemy of Rome at all. Are we reading the same Bible, Teresh? Quote book, chapter and verse that says Jesus was an enemy of Rome? Where are you getting your information? I got mine from reading church history and world history. If you want people to respect you, Teresh, you need to cite where you're getting your information from. Jews are widely known for blatently rejecting their own Messiah; haven't you read what the Messiah's job description was in the Old Testament? Sheesh! I throw your own information back at you, yet you are the one that is totally ignorant.

By the way, I learned church history in a Christian college, but I learned world history in a public university.

Actually, Jesus was CONSIDERED an enemy of Rome by the Romans, and an enemy of the Jews by the Jews. Both didn't like Him, Romans because He claimed to be preparing the kingdom, Jews, well, they had nothing better to do (Kind of like Bill Keller at the NY Times. It seems like he always has an axe to grind.).

PS: I learned my history by neither. I was homeschooled and my history class was that every two weeks for two years, I was required to write a 2000+ word essay on a certain time for the first year, and then more concentrated essays the second. By the time I was done, I was belting out papers that were accepted as college/post-college level essays by online essay collections run by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). One requirement there is to be 5000+ words long.

Teresh said:
Inciting revolution doesn't make one an enemy of Rome?
When did Jesus incite revolution?

Jesus said, "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

Luke 23
1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate. 2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King. 3 And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it. 4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.

John 6
15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

When the soldiers came for Jesus, He didn't resist. He didn't call up His followers to rebel against Rome.

The followers of Jesus didn't incite civil rebellion either.

I Timothy 2
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

OK, your logic applied, lesbianism should be accepted as it is not condemed in the Torah.
All sexual relationships outside of marriage between one man and one woman are condemned in both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

The Great Gastby is a better story than the Jesus story. Maybe you should canonise that too.
Is that the best you can do? Do you really think that snide mocking proves any points?

You grasp the words but not the meaning. That is what you don't understand here.
What would that be?

I don't have a problem with you having faith. I have a problem with your insecurity such that you have the need for other people to have the same beliefs in order to be spiritually fulfilled.
I have total security in Christ Jesus; I don't require validation from any persons. I enjoy sharing my faith and spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.

I don't have any "need" for you or anyone else to accept my beliefs. Jesus requires only that His followers sow the Gospel seed; conviction of the heart is the responsibility of the Holy Spirit.

I Corinthians 3
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. 10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

What is your insecurity that you feel compelled to dismiss the faith of others?

pek1 said:
It's the completion of Judiasm. You must not know the Torah very well or any of the Old Testament prophets of what they've said.
AMEN!!!

Teresh said:
You're treating me with disrespect. I don't care whether or not that's how you treat Jews. You are treating *me*, the girl sitting on the floor of her room, keyboard in hand, with disrespect.

You have a roof over your head. I am homeless, my family is homeless.
I am already borderline HOH and very likely will soon lose my hearing alltogether without miracle money to pay for an audiologist. Last I checked, that leaves me with no chance to even have a job as an interpreter, since one requirement is that you can hear. you have made no claim as to whether or not you are deaf or HOH that I have seen.
I spend most of my life filling out applications for jobs and hoping the staffing agency will call me with my next assignment. You sound like you have or don't need a job.
I am scraping up the money to go to college from every nook and cranny possible, hoping for a good return from the FAFSA though I don't happen to have a Pell Grant possible. If you are either deaf or HOH there are scholarships that you can take advantage of.

I treated you as respectfully as possible, and endured quite a bit of lying before I snapped. I even asked for your help once. I don't care what you are, deaf, HOH, or hearing, male or female, upper, middle or lower class, I will not respect you if you are acting like a hypocrite. Am I clear?

You disrespect me, I will disrespect you. Respect me, and you will receive my respect. All you need to do to get my respect here is to respect me. I'm not going to extend you something you don't want if you're not willing to return that.

Funny, after all this time, I haven't been respectful to you? Well, normally, giving a level-headed statement in a debate, full with citations, it is considered respectful. Don't worry, I have the same idea with you. However, I don't claim to be something I am not. You claim to be a Jew by religion, yet you are a New Ager by your beliefs. I claim to be a Christian, and I haven't yet contradicted that simple truth.
I never claimed to be a Jew. You have, once again, said I said something that I have not. Try, just for once, actually READING what I say rather than skimming and guessing what I said. I've read every word you've posted in the threads where we have discussed anything. If you're not willing to extend me the same courtesy, don't even bother posting at all.

This forum is a forum for discussion, not a soapbox.

did you not say this: "That said, being Jewish in terms of religion is a bit more complex than you realise." This directly followed a statement that you are not Jewish by heritage. Put together in English comp 2, this sentence would imply that you are NOT Jew by heritage, BUT by religion. Case closed.

And that is...?

Evidently you didn't read my posts. Meishu Sama is one of the prominent leaders of the New Age religion. HE claims that Lucifer (Satan) is a deity worthy of worship. He speaks openly of Satan either DEFEATING God or reconciling with God. Two things which, per Ezekiel, will NEVER happen. You made a claim that they don't worship Satan. They downright HATE YHWH.

Fortunately, I am neither. You might have noticed that I only discuss my theology in reaction to someone else stating theirs. My theology is self-sufficient as it is, I do not require the validation or acceptance from someone else to be happy with it. I do not require

And you aren't doing too good a job of it. Claim it to be non-denominational for all I care, just don't lay a claim to Judaism. That is because according to popular ministries to the Jews, you are representative of LESS THAN 1% of all Jews.

I don't lie. However, if I'm inclined to learn about Judaism, I read Jewish books rather than Christian books. If you sincerely want to learn about a group of people or their beliefs, you're far better served by talking to them and reading books written by them. If you consider a source that is outside that group to have an accurate and full understanding of it, you're just fooling yourself.

Having an objective understanding of another faith requires consulting the adherents of it and requires practicing it.

And I speak to Jewish people rather than read books. I read the books to confirm what I have learned by speaking to Jews. Thus far with only one Christian book and about 3 score meetings with Jews, not counting online debates or those who believed in Christ by the end, I do believe I have a very good grasp of Judaism. Those meetings were rather random, brought about by them being regular customers at a produce shack. I only talked to them. I didn't actively search and profile.

I don't speak to angels. That would be idolatry. I pray only to God.

Well, you might want to do a spiritual "check-up," because you are way off the map.

Reba said:
When did Jesus incite revolution?

Jesus said, "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

Funny, but the Romans regarded the emporer as a god or godlike....

Reba said:
All sexual relationships outside of marriage between one man and one woman are condemned in both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

But you also don't think gay men or lesbians should be allowed to marry... Curious.

Reba said:
Is that the best you can do? Do you really think that snide mocking proves any points?

It proves that you're sensitive to having your book compared to a modern work of fiction.

Reba said:
What is your insecurity that you feel compelled to dismiss the faith of others?

I don't dismiss the faith of others. I just oppose telling people what to believe in rather than providing them with options and freedom to make up their own mind.

sculleywr said:
I am already borderline HOH and very likely will soon lose my hearing alltogether without miracle money to pay for an audiologist. Last I checked, that leaves me with no chance to even have a job as an interpreter, since one requirement is that you can hear.

There's an interpreter at NTID who is hard of hearing... I'm not sure if he's a professional, though or if that's what he's being paid to do.

sculleywr said:
you have made no claim as to whether or not you are deaf or HOH that I have seen.

I'm hard of hearing.

sculleywr said:
I spend most of my life filling out applications for jobs and hoping the staffing agency will call me with my next assignment. You sound like you have or don't need a job.

I'm a student... Working is, at the moment, something that I'm not allowed to do as a consequence of that.

sculleywr said:
I am scraping up the money to go to college from every nook and cranny possible, hoping for a good return from the FAFSA though I don't happen to have a Pell Grant possible. If you are either deaf or HOH there are scholarships that you can take advantage of.

I have lots and lots of loans and every year the amount of debt I have due to my education continues to get higher and higher.

sculleywr said:
I treated you as respectfully as possible, and endured quite a bit of lying before I snapped. I even asked for your help once.

I would never deliberately lie to you. If I say something that isn't true, it is because I am mistaken, not because I'm actively working to promogulate misinformation. If I'm mistaken on something, I'm mistaken and that's that. If you ask a question of me, I will do all in my power to answer it as accurately as possible. I do not claim to be an expert in anything, though there are some fields I understand better than others. Art, for example, is not my strong point. I can appreciate art, but I have, through experimentation, determined that I am woefully inept at creating it. Judaism is a subject that I know a fair bit about based on my experiences and my reading. Computing is my field and while I am not an expert yet, I feel I know a lot more about the subject than most people.

sculleywr said:
You claim to be a Jew by religion, yet you are a New Ager by your beliefs.

Then you don't understand Jewish beliefs, as my beliefs do not conflict with Judaism.

sculleywr said:
I claim to be a Christian, and I haven't yet contradicted that simple truth.

No question asked there.

sculleywr said:
Evidently you didn't read my posts. Meishu Sama is one of the prominent leaders of the New Age religion.

New Age is a movement, not a religion. There are New Age segments of every religion, including Christianity. It is a movement aimed at rejuvenating sprituality among those who are disenfranchised with the traditional means.

New Age does not have a codified set of beliefs because it's *not* a religion.

sculleywr said:
HE claims that Lucifer (Satan) is a deity worthy of worship.

Well, then he's wrong from my perspective. Satan is not a deity nor worthy of worship because one is only to worship God.

sculleywr said:
You made a claim that they don't worship Satan. They downright HATE YHWH.

There are Satanists in the world. That does not mean that all New Age people are Satanists nor that all Satanists are New Age.

sculleywr said:
That is because according to popular ministries to the Jews, you are representative of LESS THAN 1% of all Jews.

Funny, but 40% of Israeli Jews identify as "secular" (the largest of any of the "branches" in Israel). In the US, the only other country with a large Jewish population, 38% are Reform and 2% are Reconstructionist which together parallel the "secular" movement in Israel. Being that 80% of the world's Jews live in either the US or Israel, it can be stated that, even if we're willing to assume that all of the rest of the World's Jews are not secular, at least 32% are.

sculleywr said:
And I speak to Jewish people rather than read books. I read the books to confirm what I have learned by speaking to Jews. Thus far with only one Christian book and about 3 score meetings with Jews, not counting online debates or those who believed in Christ by the end, I do believe I have a very good grasp of Judaism.

Reading books might be a good idea too. I could suggest some if you'd like me to.

Teresh said:
Yes, because Christians, Muslims and Baha'i all worship the same God that the Jews do.

It not same worship to God! It not true. You missed it part history! I not accept what you say.....
KJV Bible say All Genesis read there.... And 5 Torah!

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me......

Divide,

Isaac enemies Ishmael divided the two nations.

Abraham's son Isaac promised the land through generation to Jesus Christ.

Ishemael generation become Muslims. It very wrong doctrine. I caught it other book say Abraham kill Ishemael. It not true! It true story Isaac only. It not Ishemael! What Muslims believed it. Muslims who hear if they accepted Jesus Christ then They will kill you quickly!!! Why Muslims wanted kill who Muslims become Jesus Christ? It not same worship to GOD!!! IT VERY ODD!!! You are very excuse not made sense!!!

Muslims know better and not read Bible Exdous 20: 13 Thou shalt not kill!!!! They did attacked New York 9/11 huh! No excuse! Clear! They not allow God's law! It very strict religion! It not explain Jesus Christ fruit of spiritual! Allah arose huh? Where proof? NO! Other religions not have arose nothing!!!!!! I did researched allllllll history nothing! Jesus arose only! PERIOD! Thank God, Jesus died on the cross and told people forgive them! If Jesus wont forgive them then will destory earth.

What Did Mohammed Think of Jesus?

Issue Date: January/February 2002

By David W. Daniels

The ultimate test of any religion is its view of Jesus. Muslims may tell you that they believe in Jesus, but a closer look at their holy book, the Qur'an (Koran), shows us what they really believe about our Lord and Saviour.

The Bible tells us Jesus is the Word: "the Word was God" (John 1:1). But the Qur'an says He is only "a word" (Sura 3:45). The Bible says Jesus is the Creator (John 1:3; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:13-16). But the Qur'an describes him as one of the created (Sura 3:59).

The Bible says the Lord Jesus is superior to the prophets (Hebrews 1:1-2). The Qur'an tells us He is just another prophet. "We make no distinction between any of them," (Sura 3:84).

The Lord Jesus was crucified and shed His precious blood to wipe away our sins (Revelation 1:5). The Qur'an tells us that Jesus was not crucified at all.

"And because of their saying: 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger' they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them." (Sura 4:157)

The Bible tells us that Jesus is God's Son (Matthew 16:16-17; Mark 1:1; John 9:35-37; 20:31; Acts 3:26; 1 Corinthians 1:9; 2 Corinthians 1:19; Hebrews 4:14; 1 John 4:15; 5:5, 20; 2 John 1:3). The Qur'an tells us Jesus is not the son of Allah! (Sura 2:115; 4:171; 10:68-69; 18:4-5; 19:35, 88-93; 21:26; 39:4; 43:81)

"Praise be to Allah, Who hath not taken unto Himself a Son" (Sura 17:111)

And they are right. The god they worship has no son! Allah is not God. And Jesus is the Son of God, not of Allah.

But Mohammed made a great mistake. He said Jesus is a prophet. Muslims know that prophets do not tell lies. And it never says in the Qur'an that Jesus ever lied. If Jesus told the truth, then we must listen to what He says. So what did He say?

Jesus said that He is the Son of God (John 9:35-38; 10:32-36). Jesus also told us exactly how to come to God:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

And even His apostles understood what He said: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).

The Qur'an is correct: the Lord Jesus Christ isn't the son of Allah! He is the trustworthy Son of God. He never tells lies. And he promised us salvation if we put our faith in Him alone (John 3:16). We now know Mohammed didn't think much of Jesus. But we also know God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, doesn't think much of Mohammed, either.

Where Did Allah Come From?​

By Robert A. Morey
© 1996 Research and Education Foundation

Muslims worship a god by the name of Allah. They also give him ninety-nine other names. The question that naturally arises is who or what is this Allah? Where did the Muslims derive their ideas of Allah's nature and attributes?

Historical Source of Islam

Historians, linguists, and archeologists have dug into this question for over a century. Various archeological digs in Arabia and throughout the Middle East have uncovered the answer: Islam is a modern version of the ancient fertility religion of the moon god. Once this is grasped, the rise and history of Islam becomes clear.

The Arab conquests were made possible because the central powers in the Middle East had exhausted themselves in wars against each other. They were not able to fight off wave after wave of Arab armies which subdued entire nations with merciless slaughter, rape and plunder.

Conquering Armies

The Arabs destroyed some of the wonders of the ancient world such as the world famous library in Alexandria, Egypt, They destroyed many ancient churches and synagogues. Anthropologists have recorded how the Arabs destroyed the cultural heritage of any nation which fell under their sword.

Who were these Arabs? They obviously were not Christians because they destroyed churches and murdered priests wherever they went. Obviously, they were not Jews because they persecuted Jews without pity. This is seen today in their hatred of Israel and the many wars and acts of terrorism waged against Jews throughout the world.

If the Arab hordes which swept over the ancient world were not Christians or Jews, then what were they? They were pagans who worshipped a pagan god called Allah and followed pagan rites which were practiced in Arabia long before the religion of Islam evolved.

Islam Denies the Trinity

These facts of history reveal that Islam does not worship the same God worshipped by Christians. Why?

Christians worship one God in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. But Islam denies the Holy Trinity and worships a different deity called Allah who is not a Father and who has no son.

Since the religion found in the Bible teaches the Trinity, then it does not take a Ph.D. To see that Islam did not come from the Bible. Thus it is not the religion of the biblical prophets, apostles or Jesus.

Pagan Origins

Islam's origins have been traced back by scholars to the ancient fertility religion of the worship of the moon god which was always the dominant religion of Arabia. The moon god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day, making an annual pilgrimage to the Kabah which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kabah seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kabah, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers, giving alms to the poor, etc.. These were pagan rites practiced by the Arabs long before Muhammad was born.

The Crescent Moon

What religion today practices the pagan rites of the moon god? Islam! This explains why the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam. It is placed on top of mosques and minarets and displayed on hats, flags, rugs, amulets and even jewelry. Every time you see the Muslim symbol of a crescent moon, you are seeing the ancient symbol of the moon god.

Denial Not a Refuge

Does the average Muslim know that he is worshipping a moon god? No. Does he know why the crescent moon symbol sits on top of his mosque? No. Is he shocked and perhaps angered at these facts of history? Yes. But can mere denial or angry threats refute the fact that Islam is nothing more than a modern version of the ancient religion of the moon god Allah? No. The average Muslim has been kept in the dark by the Mullahs and Imams who would lose their power if the truth ever got out.

Worship the True God

Dear Muslim friend, instead of worshipping a false moon god called Allah, you should worship the God of the Patriarchs, prophets, and apostles. This one true God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Read the New Testament for it is the true Word of God. For further information on Islam and the Holy Trinity, contact:

Faith Defenders
PO Box 7447
Orange, CA 92863
www.faithdefenders.com

The real issue is not how Jewish I am but who Jesus is. If he is indeed the Messiah promised by God then we all should believe in him

EagleCherokee63 said:
It not same worship to God! It not true. You missed it part history! I not accept what you say.....
KJV Bible say All Genesis read there.... And 5 Torah!

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me......

Divide,

Isaac enemies Ishmael divided the two nations.

Abraham's son Isaac promised the land through generation to Jesus Christ.

Ishemael generation become Muslims. It very wrong doctrine. I caught it other book say Abraham kill Ishemael. It not true! It true story Isaac only. It not Ishemael! What Muslims believed it. Muslims who hear if they accepted Jesus Christ then They will kill you quickly!!! Why Muslims wanted kill who Muslims become Jesus Christ? It not same worship to GOD!!! IT VERY ODD!!! You are very excuse not made sense!!!

Muslims know better and not read Bible Exdous 20: 13 Thou shalt not kill!!!! They did attacked New York 9/11 huh! No excuse! Clear! They not allow God's law! It very strict religion! It not explain Jesus Christ fruit of spiritual! Allah arose huh? Where proof? NO! Other religions not have arose nothing!!!!!! I did researched allllllll history nothing! Jesus arose only! PERIOD! Thank God, Jesus died on the cross and told people forgive them! If Jesus wont forgive them then will destory earth.

What Did Mohammed Think of Jesus?

Issue Date: January/February 2002

By David W. Daniels

The ultimate test of any religion is its view of Jesus. Muslims may tell you that they believe in Jesus, but a closer look at their holy book, the Qur'an (Koran), shows us what they really believe about our Lord and Saviour.

The Bible tells us Jesus is the Word: "the Word was God" (John 1:1). But the Qur'an says He is only "a word" (Sura 3:45). The Bible says Jesus is the Creator (John 1:3; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:13-16). But the Qur'an describes him as one of the created (Sura 3:59).

The Bible says the Lord Jesus is superior to the prophets (Hebrews 1:1-2). The Qur'an tells us He is just another prophet. "We make no distinction between any of them," (Sura 3:84).

The Lord Jesus was crucified and shed His precious blood to wipe away our sins (Revelation 1:5). The Qur'an tells us that Jesus was not crucified at all.

"And because of their saying: 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger' they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them." (Sura 4:157)

The Bible tells us that Jesus is God's Son (Matthew 16:16-17; Mark 1:1; John 9:35-37; 20:31; Acts 3:26; 1 Corinthians 1:9; 2 Corinthians 1:19; Hebrews 4:14; 1 John 4:15; 5:5, 20; 2 John 1:3). The Qur'an tells us Jesus is not the son of Allah! (Sura 2:115; 4:171; 10:68-69; 18:4-5; 19:35, 88-93; 21:26; 39:4; 43:81)

"Praise be to Allah, Who hath not taken unto Himself a Son" (Sura 17:111)

And they are right. The god they worship has no son! Allah is not God. And Jesus is the Son of God, not of Allah.

But Mohammed made a great mistake. He said Jesus is a prophet. Muslims know that prophets do not tell lies. And it never says in the Qur'an that Jesus ever lied. If Jesus told the truth, then we must listen to what He says. So what did He say?

Jesus said that He is the Son of God (John 9:35-38; 10:32-36). Jesus also told us exactly how to come to God:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

And even His apostles understood what He said: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).

The Qur'an is correct: the Lord Jesus Christ isn't the son of Allah! He is the trustworthy Son of God. He never tells lies. And he promised us salvation if we put our faith in Him alone (John 3:16). We now know Mohammed didn't think much of Jesus. But we also know God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, doesn't think much of Mohammed, either.

Eagle, you are doing wonderful job on your witnessing in our Thread/post about Jesus the Messiah. Jews need to know more about Jesus! Jews still believe in Jesus the Messiah and loves Jesus! AMEN!

Throwstones

That's very good to described what true behind of Muslims beliefs. That's why they are lacking the realm of God. And as freemason, some christians is also involved. I m always have sticky feeling about freemasons. Its more like universal religion and that's very dangerous. Its more like Unitarian churches also and its dangerous.

Teresh said:
There's an interpreter at NTID who is hard of hearing... I'm not sure if he's a professional, though or if that's what he's being paid to do.

How many interpreters have absolutely no hearing?

I'm hard of hearing.

Thanks for the ID. It does help to be able to tell who I am talking to.

I'm a student... Working is, at the moment, something that I'm not allowed to do as a consequence of that.

I am a student too. Last I checked, it hasn't disallowed me to get work.

I have lots and lots of loans and every year the amount of debt I have due to my education continues to get higher and higher.

Same here.

I would never deliberately lie to you. If I say something that isn't true, it is because I am mistaken, not because I'm actively working to promogulate misinformation. If I'm mistaken on something, I'm mistaken and that's that. If you ask a question of me, I will do all in my power to answer it as accurately as possible. I do not claim to be an expert in anything, though there are some fields I understand better than others. Art, for example, is not my strong point. I can appreciate art, but I have, through experimentation, determined that I am woefully inept at creating it. Judaism is a subject that I know a fair bit about based on my experiences and my reading. Computing is my field and while I am not an expert yet, I feel I know a lot more about the subject than most people.

I ask you if you are a Jew by religion, you answer with the two biggest New Age Teachings to support your beliefs

Then you don't understand Jewish beliefs, as my beliefs do not conflict with Judaism.

Well, if your beliefs are truly Jewish, then I propose a wager. Since hell does not exist in your beliefs, this wager shouldn't be difficult to make.
I believe that the only way to heaven is through Christ. If I am right, you go to hell and I go to heaven.
You believe that everyone goes to heaven, if you are right, then I am going to heaven whether you like it or not.

Now, by this choice, you have a 50/50 chance of going to heaven with your beliefs, but a 100% chance of heaven with mine.

Which is the logical choice in Pascal's Wager.

No question asked there.

ok.

New Age is a movement, not a religion. There are New Age segments of every religion, including Christianity. It is a movement aimed at rejuvenating sprituality among those who are disenfranchised with the traditional means.

New Age does not have a codified set of beliefs because it's *not* a religion.

Ha. Haha. LOLOLOLOLOLOL ROFLOLOLOL. The New Age is organized, ran by a basic set of tenets, with different denominations just like any other religion. They have a set rule of reincarnation by karma, which is their basic rule. They have a concept of sin. They have a codified set of beliefs and a "Master Plan." They have a set worldview. They classify as a transcendental religion. To be exact, they are pantheistic.

Well, then he's wrong from my perspective. Satan is not a deity nor worthy of worship because one is only to worship God.

That is what they believe they are to do: worship satan and the angels.

There are Satanists in the world. That does not mean that all New Age people are Satanists nor that all Satanists are New Age.

UMMM, That is what they believe. Listen to this concensus of quotes from many different New Agers:

Secret initiations have always been part of the occult but what was once hidden is now open. New Age leaders have gone public since 1975 have for over 20 years admitted that it is Lucifer, called both the Solar God and Solar Logos, is whom the New Age actually serves. David Spangler, for instance, has stated: Christ is the same force as Lucifer... Lucifer prepares man for the experience of Christhood. (He is) the great initiator.... Lucifer works within each of us to bring us to wholeness, and as we move into a New Age ... each of us in some way is brought to that point which I term the Luciferic Initiation ... for it is an invitation into the New Age. (David spangler reflections on the Christ p.44-45) Clearly the Lucifer of this movement that wants to unite all religions is the basis of operation for theosophy, Masonry, Rosicrucianism, Bahai and numerous other false philosophies. It is a fact if one goes through Lucifer to experience the Christhood he is offering if they come out they are scarred. Lucifer does not give man freedom but slavery by blinding them with the light of initiation into darkness.

Funny, but 40% of Israeli Jews identify as "secular" (the largest of any of the "branches" in Israel). In the US, the only other country with a large Jewish population, 38% are Reform and 2% are Reconstructionist which together parallel the "secular" movement in Israel. Being that 80% of the world's Jews live in either the US or Israel, it can be stated that, even if we're willing to assume that all of the rest of the World's Jews are not secular, at least 32% are.

Your beliefs aren't any of those. Your beliefs are New Age.

Reading books might be a good idea too. I could suggest some if you'd like me to.

I would like you to suggest something more reliable and up to date than actual Jews.I have met 30 times live with different Jews. I have gotten 5 different opinions from each group (like you would expect). NONE of them had anything like what you believed. In that, you represent MAYBE 5% of the Jews I have met, that number amounts to one person, yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back