do deaf people read alot?

Wirelessly posted

darkage said:
shel90 said:
A Gally graduate here and an avid reader. :)

I was student at NTID/RIT.

My two best friends were Gally graduate. I read book/newspaper/letters/online for her/him. Should I take their two graduate degrees???

Should you take spanish speaking person's degree from a college somewhere in South of U.S. just because they ask you to interpret?

They should.learn to read it on their own

Last edited:
I seem to read the dictionary a lot also when I am attempting to educate the populace.

When I was punished as a child, my dad forced me to copy 20 words from dictionary with definitions! More words if punishment was more severe.

I read a book, What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character by Richard Feynman. This guy sounds like grampa.

Who is a sucker for Jane Austen books?

I read quite a bit, even if it is reading the paper I had already read 3 days ago. Whenever I sit down somewhere, I just feel like I need to read.

I remember as a child I would go to my grandmothers house and I would get bored on occasion so I would read her "True Stories" magazines for entertainment. However I did find myself completely turned off by the tabloid rags when she and my aunt went through this phase of buying all the tabloids every week off the newsstand at Walmart.

Wirelessly posted

Should you take spanish speaking person's degree from a college somewhere in South of U.S. just because they ask you to interpret?

They should.learn to read it on their own

When, I lived in italy for 6 months. I do read some italian newspaper or magazine or watch italian caption on TV.
Sometime, I watched spanish caption at movie in South America.

5th times, I have been France. I saw some french words made me remember but I can't write complete sentence. Just some words.

haha So when I first lost my hearing I had a friend ask what I was going to do with my truck and motorcycle, I must admit I was confused! When asked for clarification he looked at me and said "well deaf people can't drive... Right?" I couldn't help but laugh it was my first ignorance filled question, directed at me, had plenty since. But I couldn't stop laughing long enough to answer. Sorry this thread reminded me of that

i read too freakn much so in my spare time i dont read at all i just play with my pets and churn over soil , tender my gardens thats' how i relax when i do read, its mostly non fiction, but there is one fiction i plan to read soon after christmas, "Let the Right One In" a vampire novel, it was made into an award winning film from Sweden. Those havent seen it watch it, those havent read it, get the book (great reviews)...

Just checked out 7 books to read this week, along with 5 books for my painting and 4 magazines for painting as well. I will sit and read with the full sheet magnifier in hand. Large print is no longer large enough anymore. :(

Just checked out 7 books to read this week, along with 5 books for my painting and 4 magazines for painting as well. I will sit and read with the full sheet magnifier in hand. Large print is no longer large enough anymore. :(

Are you still driving?

That is the reason I only read ebooks. They are as big as I need.

Are you still driving?

That is the reason I only read ebooks. They are as big as I need.

Yes - I am able to drive. Passed the vision test here with no problem. I can see the signs and know my landmarks well. I'm not reading many ebooks anymore since I have read most of the free ones for the PC-Nook and the ones I can download from the library, they use the Adobe eReader Digital Editions and the font doesn't go large enough. I will have to try and see what I can get my computer to do.

Back