Do any of you do garden either Veggies or Flowers

WBHarley

Reaction score
My husband does lots of plantings with outdoors flowers I can't names them because there are like over 40 different plants/flowers.. I will try some I do know Hosta :), I picked out few thing I didn't know names either but 1 I know it is Daylillies I see some of them on my front yard..

Now My husband build my own first garden for my veggies He knows I like to eat more veggies but I was like sigh at store when you have to buy other foods for family not only me If I was alone I probably buy tons of veggies for myself but I got a family you know hehe. so We got a garden now for me.
I just planted Yellow Squash, Zuchinni, Cucumbers, Roma Tomaotes, Tomatoes Hyried, baby carrots, Lettuces, string beans, Orietional Pea, Snow Pea, Peppers, and Radish. My husband also bought two package of Butternut Squash and Green/Red Peppers since the other peppers die on the starter box :( So My husband will put more boxes around the fence so I can add butternut and Peppers since I got no more room for the garden :)

Do any of you do any Garden ? Share with all of us.........

Wendy

Psst, Too Humid to do any proofread, IM in my bathsuit since I was soo Arghh with the weather Now I am 2 1/2 months Pregnant :)

I love to garden. I grew up helping my father with his veggie garden. He was famous for his Beefsteak tomatoes. He also had beautiful flower gardens. He grew many kinds of lilies, hostas (his favorite), beautiful alliums, and many more. My mother is not much of a gardener, so I go there to do some gardening. I planted some lavenders and herbs. It is my dream to plant a field of lavenders. Maybe someday.

As a mod: Moving this to Travel and Leisure

Yes, I do garden. I love it. My whole family gardens. My mum has flowers and plants all over. My sister has koi ponds, gardens and so on. My dad has a vegetable garden. I have a shady garden as well as a sun garden. I guess it is a good thing that we live on 9 acres of land, so there is plenty of space to garden... *lach*

In my shady garden, I grow hostas, glads, columbines, lilies, lilyturfs, spring bulbs (tulips, hyacinths, daffodills, etc...), forget-me-nots, kniphofias, yuccas, dianthus, speedwell, gayfeathers, lily of valley, etc...

In my sun garden, I have yarrows, Russian sage, pentetom (sp), and also some lily bulbs. But dang the deers, they ate the plants off the bulbs! I don't know if that killed the bulbs or not, so we'll see next year if they grow again. I also started seeds in the greenhouse this spring, and have lupines, foxgloves, shasta daisies, english daisies, euphorbias, etc... all waiting to be planted.

In the house, I have several plants as well. A yucca plant, a rubber plant, a palm tree, a plant with tiny oranges, a plant which name I forgot, burro tails, etc...

My mother has tons of lavenders growing in her garden. I always love to cut the lavendars off and save it in a jar, so that I can smell it whenever I want to. I heard about adding lavendars to ice cream and such, but always was too afraid to try that. LOL.

I could go on with what my parents grow, but that would probably would make this too long. So this will do for now.

Originally posted by kuifje75

My mother has tons of lavenders growing in her garden. I always love to cut the lavendars off and save it in a jar, so that I can smell it whenever I want to. I heard about adding lavendars to ice cream and such, but always was too afraid to try that. LOL.

Your mother must be a neat person. Lavender growers tend to be mellow, kind, wise... I adore lavenders. I shall never forget my first sighting of lavender fields in Provence. It is my Elysium. Powerful aroma and imagery.

There was a lavender festival near Gettysburg earlier this month. I didn't go because I had other plans. I definitely plan to go there next year.

People use dried lavender flowers for different purposes. My mother remembers her mother making lavender sachets for drawers and closets. I think I have a recipe for that somewhere. I also have recipes for lavender scented madeleines, lavender martini, lavender lemon shortbread, herbes de provence...I collect lavender recipes. I will be happy to share them with you when you muster up enough courage to make something with lavender. :D

Oohh, please do share lavender stuff with me. I once saw a recipe for cookies with lavender pieces in it, though about it, but knowing my family, they would never try it out and didnt want to end up eating it all myself. Maybe if I didn't live with my parents anymore, I would be more willing to try lavender recipes if I had friends who were willing to help me eat them. LOL I love cooking for friends.

i do little garden outside, I have lillys on side of my house, and front door i have some moonshines, thats all i have i guess LOL But i do kill those daialion flowers because i hate them :groans:

Back