Do any hearing people live on Kauai, Hawaii?

Anthropomorphic

Reaction score
I'm going to Kauai next week to visit my mother and was wondering if any interpreters or hearing people who are fluent in ASL live on Kauai. I'll be visiting my mother's church and they don't have an interpreter. My mother knows sign, but not enough to interpret everything. I know this is late notice. I didn't find out until yesterday that I'd be going.

I don't think we currently have anyone here from Kauai......

Yeah, I've noticed the Deaf Community there is almost non-existant so it should be interesting trying to find someone. :P

I have a deaf friend who lives in Hawaii..I can text him and ask him if you want me to?

That would be awesome! Is he completely deaf though? I'm looking for someone to interpret the service for me.

Sorry

From my friend

Aloha shelly,

I'm on island of Maui but not sure if I can help because there no one I know ASL on that island.

Kuai and Hawaii

I have the same issue. I will be in Hawaii for a week and Kuai for a week and not sure third week.

I would like to connect with any Deaf there, churches especially or ministries to support the Deaf or people who are working on their behalf such as making sure children are protected, or services are fair and open to them for equal opportunity etc:wave:

I'm going to Kauai next week to visit my mother and was wondering if any interpreters or hearing people who are fluent in ASL live on Kauai. I'll be visiting my mother's church and they don't have an interpreter. My mother knows sign, but not enough to interpret everything. I know this is late notice. I didn't find out until yesterday that I'd be going.

I am not from Kauai but, if you pay my way, I would be happy to go! :giggle:

Back