Dizziness

evil_queen_lisa

Reaction score
Hey All,
Not sure where to put this, so Mods please feel free to move it if you wish!

I have been having a lot of problems with motion sickness lately.. id guess since about March/April. I've got it mostly narrowed down to up/down movements because the bus is what seems to cause the most problems.
So anyway, i have an ENT appointment next Thursday, but until then I'm trying to narrow down exactly what else causes dizziness.
So a few quick questions for all of you:
1)know any simple tests I can do at home by myself?
2)anyone with 'normal' balance... do me a fav. Sit on a chair that spins. Close/cover your eyes so that you see no light. Spin for a while. Suddenly stop and keep your eyes shut. What happens? Are you dizzy? Are you fine? What if you do it again then open you eyes when you stop?
Just curious to see how I compare to people who consider their balance to be 'normal'.
Thanks!
*EQL*

Had an awful "attack" this morning!...My left ear was hurting for a few days and this AM I could not even read my computer screen (so dizzy!) and felt nauseous....started sweating....and had a 1PM appointment.
It's the 1st attack in quite awhile...will see my ENT Aug. 27th to have my ears cleaned and drained.
I layed down for 30 more minutes....squeezed my temples and closed my eyes. Finally the attack passed...and I was able to make the appt., but didn't feel very well....Ringing in my ears is more profound today also.
Perhaps having ur ears cleaned and drained of any fluid will help, I know it does for me and have it done every 4-6 months.....Good Luck!

Had an awful "attack" this morning!...My left ear was hurting for a few days and this AM I could not even read my computer screen (so dizzy!) and felt nauseous....started sweating....and had a 1PM appointment.
It's the 1st attack in quite awhile...will see my ENT Aug. 27th to have my ears cleaned and drained.
I layed down for 30 more minutes....squeezed my temples and closed my eyes. Finally the attack passed...and I was able to make the appt., but didn't feel very well....Ringing in my ears is more profound today also.
Perhaps having ur ears cleaned and drained of any fluid will help, I know it does for me and have it done every 4-6 months.....Good Luck!

ok! thanks! do you have Menniers (sp)?
*EQL*

I've never been told if I do or not! I have a lot of fluid build-up in my inner ears....my balance goes off and on. When I see my ENT, I'm going to ask him a lot more questions.

If this persists, you need to see a neurotologist (notice the OTO in there). Since you live in Jacksonville, I think the Jackson Hearing & Balance Center might have one. This is a special type of doctor that has studied further than an ENT.

I'd definitely go see the ENT they can do a balance test and see if anything is wrong I believe...or they will order the appropriate test...maybe a neuro but it might take at least 3 months to see one...

Never had any problems with dizziness except for when it is the time of the month for me or when I am not hydrated enough during a workout. I think those two are totally unrelated to my deafness. :dunno:

I have a lot of vestibular issues. Lately I've been nauseous. My hearing loss is genetic. I found a neuro-otologist in my area. Will report if I make any progress on this issue.

I'd definitely go see the ENT they can do a balance test and see if anything is wrong I believe...or they will order the appropriate test...maybe a neuro but it might take at least 3 months to see one...

thanks. i have an appointment with the ENT on thursday.
*EQL*

ENT appointment tmrw... hope they can do something about all this! been feeling like im 'swaying' lately too
*EQL*

will be feeling better you dizzy normal you are first time!

How did the appointment go? Have been concerned and worried.

Back