Dixie, did you get your HAs today?

They're BTE's. My hair is just really bushy and moppy... Pretty much like what is in my avatar (same lengh, style) A lot of the hair just falls back onto it as that's where it's length is. It's like shaggy from scooby-doo. A long neglected short hair cut, lol.

Should I post the pic of the HA on here??

They're BTE's. My hair is just really bushy and moppy... Pretty much like what is in my avatar (same lengh, style) A lot of the hair just falls back onto it as that's where it's length is. It's like shaggy from scooby-doo. A long neglected short hair cut, lol.

Should I post the pic of the HA on here??

yes Id like to see what ha looks like.
so congrats!

When I got my first HA I could not believe how loud a paper bag was!! And I did not know the rain made a sound when it hit your umbrella! My older sister said she cried when she realize how much I had missed hearing.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've had an experience like this, sure brings back memories. I remember the first time I heard the cat licking himself. He was on the back of the couch near my head and it took me a good fifteen minutes to identify the strange sound. Once I did, I kicked the cat off the couch. I had enought of that!

Well I've found another annoyance - I HATE the sound of myself eating!! Good god that's disgusting. I've started taking my HA out when I eat just so I won't have to listen to the sounds of my chewing. I feel bad for all the hearies around me though now. :shock:

Tomorrow night, if I have a vehicle, me and a friend are going to the movies. This will be a new experience.

Oh yeah my HA -
402786_10151078757955456_847445455_22230648_1289236563_n.jpg

I would think that hearing again is like having to build up a callous. There are so many sounds I can ignore, but that's due to hearing them for many years. It's going to take some time to build up your "ear callous" again. The world is a noisy place!

I haven't worn my CI for 2 years... I can't imagine what it'd be like once I put it on again... Oh, the glory. I'm too scared. I actually prefer the silence. I wish there was a way for me to filter out all the annoying noises and hear what I want to hear.

And the weird thing, I've been asked all the time if I know what this or that sounds like and I've always been correct in imitating it. I know what sound sounds like. I can tell the difference between a phone ringing and a baby crying, etc.

I would think that hearing again is like having to build up a callous. There are so many sounds I can ignore, but that's due to hearing them for many years. It's going to take some time to build up your "ear callous" again. The world is a noisy place!

Yeah, and i really need to get my HA fine tuned. It still sounds a bit metal-ish and it's enough to be annoying. The audi adjusted it until she quit sounding metal-ish in the office but then I walked out and I noticed on certain tones and volumes I will get this metal echo-ey sound. Irritating. I'm making notes of everything then going back in a couple of weeks for more adjustments, I know this will take some time.

I wonder if there is a 'music' setting program for my HA - I've noticed my old trance tracks sound waaaay weird through my HA now.

Well I've found another annoyance - I HATE the sound of myself eating!! Good god that's disgusting. I've started taking my HA out when I eat just so I won't have to listen to the sounds of my chewing. I feel bad for all the hearies around me though now. :shock:

Tomorrow night, if I have a vehicle, me and a friend are going to the movies. This will be a new experience.

Something new for me to worry about. :P I can't hear myself eating. But nobody complains...

So it must not be that bad!

I haven't worn my CI for 2 years... I can't imagine what it'd be like once I put it on again... Oh, the glory. I'm too scared. I actually prefer the silence. I wish there was a way for me to filter out all the annoying noises and hear what I want to hear.

And the weird thing, I've been asked all the time if I know what this or that sounds like and I've always been correct in imitating it. I know what sound sounds like. I can tell the difference between a phone ringing and a baby crying, etc.

When I get my god awful headaches, I take out my HA. At that point in time silence is GOLDEN! Sad part is I've had this migraine headache that never fully goes away for the past two weeks, so I've not been wearing my HA as much as I want to. Too much noise just makes it hurt even worse.

On mine, there actually is an echo adjustment. I have no idea why anyone would turn it "on," but that was the default setting. I complained about how echo-y people's voices were at parties and that sort of thing, so the audi turned it off. MUCH, much better. Maybe it will be the same with yours.

Something new for me to worry about. :P I can't hear myself eating. But nobody complains...

So it must not be that bad!

My mom complained about me chewing too loud the last time I saw her! :lol:

Ive been told I sometimes grunt while I eat, but anymore the only ribbing I get for my eating is my pastor telling me to eat more, the food isn't going to bite me! :lol:

I guess the sound of my own chewing just got me paranoid. :shock:

Ive been told I sometimes grunt while I eat, but anymore the only ribbing I get for my eating is my pastor telling me to eat more, the food isn't going to bite me! :lol:

I guess the sound of my own chewing just got me paranoid. :shock:

If it makes you feel better - you are hearing your own chewing a lot louder than the people near you can hear it. You're hearing some of it through bone conduction.

So don't get paranoid; chances are you are no louder than anyone else, so long as you're doing like your mama told you and chewing with your mouth closed.

If it makes you feel better - you are hearing your own chewing a lot louder than the people near you can hear it. You're hearing some of it through bone conduction.

So don't get paranoid; chances are you are no louder than anyone else, so long as you're doing like your mama told you and chewing with your mouth closed.

Yes Ma'am, I chew with my mouth closed. That's one of the few things that I can't stand is seeing someone else's chewed up food in their mouth. That's just gross. It's an appetite killer. If I don't want to see it, I don't expect that anyone else would want to see mine. :barf:

Back