Divorce parent with children/Single parent with children

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should Divorce parents with children or single parents with children can be able to date without being judgmental by their dates who doesn't want to get involved with the old frame or children by someone else? When old relationship is already gone? When children comes in one full package.

Take a look at Peachlady who is remarried and lived with her husband and his kids, Look at Roadrunner who is with ^Angel^ engaged to be married and he is living with her with her kids, look at OldNavyGirl who is with a single father who has a son already by a previous marriage, Look at FlyFree who is now with a girlfriend who has a son from previous marriage, It's all about accepting.

If you love the woman or you love the man, You'll accept everything that comes with that man or woman including the children.

Why are there some people who are offended about having a relationship with a woman or a man who already have kids? I don't understand that, Can someone explain that to me, why is it so important?

Aww sis :hug:

Hmmm.... The way I see it is that some people seem to simply prefer to date people that doesn't have children cause it makes it more easier for them not to take any responsibility for someone else's children.... Maybe not ready or just want to have children on their own rather than having any step children :dunno:

I guess it's depends on the type of person you meet, some wouldn't mind, some do.... :dunno:

I used to think I wouldnt remarry other guy to be stepfather to my girls cuz I am afraid/scared of abusing my girls or molesting whatever I have seen on TV and reading/talking out there, my girls come first and I care them safe and love

I know PeachyLady (and others) is lucky to meet that guy she is married with, also RebelGirl used having that guy treat her daughter great but sad he looks at her outside beautiful not inside of her :aw:

Have u watched the movie named 34th street, old movie, I like it and it made me :tears: :)

When I met Eric... I knew he has a son and I gave it a chance because I love kids and it didn't effect me at all. If the people dont want children or have personal reason can't have children or is not ready -- its their deicision to make if they want to go for it or not. its all about accepting and helping one other if you want to take the responsibilities or not. It's all about happiness in the relationship.

It's not about taking responsibility because the kids already have a father, already have a mother. They are responsible for their own kids. Love is free, Caring is free, if a boyfriend or girlfriend would like to give gifts to the children, that's nice but It's not necessary or requirement.

How hard is it for the dates to accepting them as their dates children? Love them as you love the person you are dating, care about them as you care about the person you are dating, It's all free from the heart. ;)

Honestly, I dont understand why women/men dont accept women/men who already have kids to having relationship together. I do understand some of them because they rather to have their own kids and arent ready. But I bet more than that reasons.

But, if I meet a guy who already have kids, I would accept them BUT I will make sure if his kids feel comfortable for me to dating with him and would understand that he have to focus on kids first instead of me.

I hope you will find a man who will accept your kids and being with you no matter what it is. :hug:

Sweetheart said:
I hope you will find a man who will accept your kids and being with you no matter what it is. :hug:

Oh, I'm not looking for anyone, I create this thread because of what Heath said few days ago. ;)

Cheri said:
Oh, I'm not looking for anyone, I create this thread because of what Heath said few days ago. ;)

Thats right, I remember that. :ugh:

But you are beautiful woman and I know pretty alot guys likes you because you are beautiful, have great sense of humor, friendly, good lisenter, understandable, have amazing personality and etc like that you can name what people told you abt you. Ingore Heath, he will apologize in big time once he likes a girl alot and find out that she have her own kids. Out of the world isnt that funny, you know what I mean?

Cheri said:
It's not about taking responsibility because the kids already have a father, already have a mother. They are responsible for their own kids. Love is free, Caring is free, if a boyfriend or girlfriend would like to give gifts to the children, that's nice but It's not necessary or requirement.

How hard is it for the dates to accepting them as their dates children? Love them as you love the person you are dating, care about them as you care about the person you are dating, It's all free from the heart. ;)

Ohh, I'm misunderstood what you meant above, I see what you mean now, before I met RR, there was this guy I met thru chat, once I told him I had three children, he didn't talk to me ever again, I was like o- kayyy I got the message!... Jerk :giggle:

Sweetheart said:
Thats right, I remember that. :ugh:

But you are beautiful woman and I know pretty alot guys likes you because you are beautiful, have great sense of humor, friendly, good lisenter, understandable, have amazing personality and etc like that you can name what people told you abt you. Ingore Heath, he will apologize in big time once he likes a girl alot and find out that she have her own kids. Out of the world isnt that funny, you know what I mean?

Awww Thank you! You always say the sweetest things, You making me cry now. LOL! :hug: :ily:

^Angel^ said:
Ohh, I'm misunderstood what you meant above, I see what you mean now, before I met RR, there was this guy I met thru chat, once I told him I had three children, he didn't talk to me ever again, I was like o- kayyy I got the message!... Jerk :giggle:

What a *coughs-"JERK"-coughs again* excuse me..

Im glad that you are with RoadRunner!

Sweetheart said:
What a *coughs-"JERK"-coughs again* excuse me..

Im glad that you are with RoadRunner!

LOL!!!! Ohh so am I, RR is just perfect! :applause: same likewise with you and Seq ;) ....

^Angel^ said:
LOL!!!! Ohh so am I, RR is just perfect! :applause: same likewise with you and Seq ;) ....

Aww thanks! :hug: Sequoias is amazing man for me and I do truly love him for being himself and such like that! :applause:

As same w/my hubby, He was single man and fall in love w/me and knew I have one child (my older son) and willing raise my son become adapt beginner new family root growth.
We were become seriouis relationship and willing open his heart for my son raising. My son willing open his heart for welcomed role step-Dad but doesn't want part of "step" as condiser call'n him Dad because meant each together in love bond relationship. Which it's very importance for child's interest adapt become "step-Dad".

As long if you want relationship who have their children(s), and make sure treat their children(s) and partner. Do not forget children(s) will look up and make sure "my Mom or Dad" 's relationship new partner and will lead attach new bond relationship as new step-mom or dad but not easy attach become adapt fully yet..

If you really want part their lifestyle? Up to your choice wise decision.. don't let them ruin family lifestyle issues "YOU" part of fault.. not their family lifestyle become in ONE.
Just make sure you have to move HUGE prepare relationship as who have their child(s). Think about your wise.. Don't be part of role-playing as tag-in-along which can be seriouis probelm lead cause children(s) become into emotions as such bi-polar or other kinds of behavouir.. Be Caution, don't cause them looking bad!

As long you accept person involve you! Your choice...

No need be rush into relationship.. Take date for little bit longer until your heart become feeling and seriouis involve relationship new partner.. then next step seriouis relationship further and attach their children(s).

Just I throw you nice tip and advise..

*wink*
This thread is quite excellence topic!

Two of my daughters were adult and other was almost adult by the time I married my current husband Dave. They are living on their own now. Dave has three children and by the time I married him, they were only 7, 2 and 3 years old. From the time Dave showed me picture of his three children, I fell in love with them! From my heart, they're mine as if I've given birth to them. It took his children pretty long time before they warmed up to me, but now they all are VERY close to me and think of me as their mom. I believe that in order to marry someone, if he or she already has children, accept his/her children fully in your life and things will come together eventually, however long it may take. If not accept your new spouse's children, then there's going to be HUGE problems because children WILL know that you don't accept them. Dave and I always wanted eight children, so it was very easy for us to accept each others children. We are so blessed to have found each other and I can't imagine ever being apart from him. About Heath's comment that he prefers children from his own blood, it sounds like he doesn't want to deal with his spouse's ex husband or whoever is the father of her children. That's understandable cuz some can give such a HARD time, is very different with houserules, upbringing, etc. But...what if...Heath someday totally, fully fall in love with his true soulmate who has children? What if she is the right one for her?? Dump her just cuz she already had children? hmm He is entitled to his own opinions, so I respect that.

Good thread to talk about.

My divorced friend has 3 kids from her previous relationship, and her new partner accept them to live together, and they produced two more children of their own.

But, my friend said her partner treat her three children different from their two kids together because he won't pay for their upbringing, he always remind her to tell their biologicial father to pay not him, it put strain in their relationship. (Her ex husband don't pay for their 3 kids upbringing)

She know and play the trick, if she want something like say a new kitten for her elder daughter, so she cover it up and said to her partner that their younger child want a kitten, he accept because the child belongs to him, he would definetly say NO if his step-daughter want it in first place!!

Other friend has a son from ex-husband, and she married to a single man who has no children, he accept her son and he took his surname and treat him like his own, until their divorce in 10 year's time, he drop him dead, he don't want to get involved at all which is sad.

Tamara said:
Good thread to talk about.

My divorced friend has 3 kids from her previous relationship, and her new partner accept them to live together, and they produced two more children of their own.

But, my friend said her partner treat her three children different from their two kids together because he won't pay for their upbringing, he always remind her to tell their biologicial father to pay not him, it put strain in their relationship. (Her ex husband don't pay for their 3 kids upbringing)

She know and play the trick, if she want something like say a new kitten for her elder daughter, so she cover it up and said to her partner that their younger child want a kitten, he accept because the child belongs to him, he would definetly say NO if his step-daughter want it in first place!!

:shock: I cannot believe him! I'm not like that at all, I've worked at a Daycare Center for 2 years and I love all the children there where I used to work at, even treat them just like I treat my children with love, caring and pampering. I wish more people would have a heart like that, but not very much people out there are like that way. It's sad. :(

^Angel^ said:
Aww sis :hug:

Hmmm.... The way I see it is that some people seem to simply prefer to date people that doesn't have children cause it makes it more easier for them not to take any responsibility for someone else's children.... Maybe not ready or just want to have children on their own rather than having any step children :dunno:

I guess it's depends on the type of person you meet, some wouldn't mind, some do.... :dunno:

Yes, very true... Depend on how good or bad heart the persons to their partner's children from their previous relationships.

Every humans are different.

I can understand that a person want to have own children with his/her partner but... what if they fall in love with partner whom she/he have children from previous relationships.

My co-worker had a son from her 4 years previous marriage with American solider. 5 years later after divorce, she met and fall love a single man with no children, no divorce at same work place where we work. He love her too much and accept that she had a son and don't want to have more children with him but he still married her... He's good step-dad to her son... They are happily married for 29 years now.

Peachy Lady said:
Two of my daughters were adult and other was almost adult by the time I married my current husband Dave. They are living on their own now. Dave has three children and by the time I married him, they were only 7, 2 and 3 years old. From the time Dave showed me picture of his three children, I fell in love with them! From my heart, they're mine as if I've given birth to them. It took his children pretty long time before they warmed up to me, but now they all are VERY close to me and think of me as their mom. I believe that in order to marry someone, if he or she already has children, accept his/her children fully in your life and things will come together eventually, however long it may take. If not accept your new spouse's children, then there's going to be HUGE problems because children WILL know that you don't accept them. Dave and I always wanted eight children, so it was very easy for us to accept each others children. We are so blessed to have found each other and I can't imagine ever being apart from him. About Heath's comment that he prefers children from his own blood, it sounds like he doesn't want to deal with his spouse's ex husband or whoever is the father of her children. That's understandable cuz some can give such a HARD time, is very different with houserules, upbringing, etc. But...what if...Heath someday totally, fully fall in love with his true soulmate who has children? What if she is the right one for her?? Dump her just cuz she already had children? hmm He is entitled to his own opinions, so I respect that.

:gpost:

Like what I say that every humans are different.

Cheri, don't worry about Health. Simple ignore him.

Back