dispensers

shadoemann

Reaction score
My mother in Wisconsin needs a hearing aid. However, the dispensers we talked to want a minimum of $2,000 for hearing aid that cost no more than $700. Are their any organizations that will help her get an affordable hearing aid. What would be her best option?

Um.. Maybe you can check on Ebay.com to see if they have hearing aids for under than 700 bucks.. :mrgreen: :thumb:

Just kidding...
:giggle:

$2,000 for $700? Forget it. You'll probably do better looking elsewhere or contacting another place and have them deliver it to you. I've never heard of a hearing aid costing $2,000. :eek:

VamPyroX said:
$2,000 for $700? Forget it. You'll probably do better looking elsewhere or contacting another place and have them deliver it to you. I've never heard of a hearing aid costing $2,000. :eek:
probally he/she is talking about 2 of them

VamPyroX said:
Vamp, it does cost that much for a digital hearing aid like my husband, he has mild hearing loss due to exposure to loud noises at work for years, it costs a little over $2,000.00..i guess digital hearing aids are very expensive cuz it is programmed to computer..kinda hard to explain that..its a new technology.
Shadoemann..does your mother qualify for Vocational Rehab help with purchasing hearing aids? If she does, then it is free! You might want to check into Vocational Rehab. place and see if she qualifies ok?

TweetyBird said:
VR paid my hearing aid is $850.00 cuz of color that why...
thats good! that VR paid for your hearing aid but what do you mean by "color"? can u clarify that? thanks!

make the state pay for it ofc going thru the Vocational Rehabilitation gonna be a while tho :roll:

ack Bullym0m!!! bidding for a damn hearing aid on ebay qq i think NOT! what if its already broken and u spent so much casheroos on a broken hearing aid and u get suckered! :nono: to ebay!

Bullym0m said:
CrazyRedHeadWV
r u wrong!

Check it out... Hearing Aids at Ebay

No joke! r u gonna wide open your jawbone ~ :jaw:

No, I wasn't sure if that hearing aids are for older people who just lost their hearing.

I don't think there are real hearing aides for deaf people in ebay. I thought VR would pay some kind of special hearing aids for deaf and hoh people.

The hearing aids in ebay, I thought it were for the people who lost their hearing due to old age or losing hearing. :ugh:

Yeah.. surprised.. how's interesting they are doing selling the hearing aid on ebay..
Pretty quite nuts!

you could buy a Williams Pockettalker thingy...some people use them as hearing aids. and they're only about $100 dollars.
Does she qualify for medicaid? That's how I got my new aids paid for.
What type of aids are they? Are they the old person ITE/dinky aids? Are they digitals? Digital aids aren't always the best, and neither are the dinky aids. Tell your mom to experiment with the different aids and see which ones she likes best. She may not need digital aids, and analogs are a lot cheaper!

She has medicare. I did contact the lions club they have a program to help. She has gone to 3 dispensers and they all quoted over $2000. I know from other forums they(dispensers) only pay less than $700 for the digitals. However, an analog should do just fine.

Defee said:
thats good! that VR paid for your hearing aid but what do you mean by "color"? can u clarify that? thanks!
ok i had dark pink hearing aid and purple and white mold... that what i talk abt color... :)

bidding for a damn hearing aid on ebay qq
I might (repeat might) buy one of those BTEs for spares when my aid is out of order, but I think that most of the BTEs are the ones that amplify every and anything. I love how they are autioning off the dinky aids...those are the ones that have to be custom fitted...they don't just fit anyone! I do like looking at the antique aids (the body ones from the '50's)though. Last I checked they even had an ear horn for sale!
Tweetybird, your VR paid for colored aids? Lucky girl! I was so psyched when my audi told me that I could get colored aids

Interesting...had a look at the hearing aids at ebay...hmm...sometimes Ebay's a great place to find things we need or 'want'! :lol: ;)

Back