Disney Removes CC from Up rental release

MY son got UP movie for Christmas from his grandparent...it does have CC.

G-force, yes captioned.

I don't know why some others complained it is not captioned.
The rental version doesn't have CC thats why they complained.

The rental version doesn't have CC thats why they complained.

is there rental version that's different from real version? blockbusters here use the real version

is there rental version that's different from real version? blockbusters here use the real version
to what I read here, rental versions of the DVD doesn't include the CC but in the purchased one which you own has CC, what is there difference you're asking?

to what I read here, rental versions of the DVD doesn't include the CC but in the purchased one which you own has CC, what is there difference you're asking?

I've never heard of rental version unless it's the one where the store makes multiple copies from real dvd.

If the day comes when rentals arent CCed, then we know that we have been discarded as a viewing population.

I have to agree with you on this 110%, even if I don't rent movies that often, it just shows how the media companies are more interested in the hearing audience rather than it's deaf audience!

I've not read this thread, considering its 4 pages long, but I'm sure the movie will have English Subtitles.

I have lots of DVDS with English subtitles and no captions. Vice Versa. Heck, some DVDS include both but rarely will a DVD have no option of caption unless it's some shitty brand with bare bones disc.

Forgive if this has been posted already, but here's how you can watch the dvd (UP) with SDH, and NOT have to buy it: Call Disney at 1-800-723-4763 Mondays 9:30-7:30 CST and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST -- ask them to mail you a copy with captions and a postage-paid envelope in which to return it.

When I called this week to complain and to ask what recourse we had if we wanted to RENT the dvd with captions - not buy it - I was initially quite unsatisfied. The woman I spoke to gave me two options: 1) she could send me a coupon for a free rental for a DIFFERENT Disney movie, or 2) she could send me a $5.00 off coupon for purchasing UP. When I threw a little fit about the unfair coercion to get the DHI community to buy a movie they cannot enjoy easily in the theaters, and I used the word "discriminatory," she put me on hold briefly, then came back and offered to mail me a copy to view which I'd then return. Received it today, and am planning to watch it with my hearing-impaired husband this weekend. So, I think everyone who wanted to rent it should call and request this -- it's the least they can do.

rental version is gray disc that special bonus have been removed include SDH/CC as they thought so.

The retail or home version is colorful disc that include everything and SDH, too.

yeah i was upset when i rented "UP" and no caption/subtitles. i cant lip reap cartoons darn it! its messed up. someone need to do a petition and send it to the disney exectutives saying we want a formal statement about why taken off and that it not acceptable for any reason. and want it corrected or a garentee to not happen again. call the news and investigative networks. NAD has its hands full. we can advocate for ourselves too cant we guys? go straight to disney. ill sign a petition!

MDaigle_UPdown.jpg

:lol:

I got my rental copy through Netflix and to my great disappointment, it didn't have CC. I was ticked. How is CC a "bonus" material? Stupid greedy, profit, cost-cutting, mouse-wearing zombies. Arrgh. Do it again Disney.

Back