Discrimination??

Originally posted by LeviathanC
Hmmm, good idea. I will tell them that they are disability becuz they can't sign the language. It would pissed them off.

Amen to that... I woudl tell them all... but one question... if a person is hearing and know how to use sign lanugage, what do I call them?:dunno:

Originally posted by nozobo
Amen to that... I woudl tell them all... but one question... if a person is hearing and know how to use sign lanugage, what do I call them?:dunno:

ANSWER:

A huge blessing! :D

i have a deaf brother, but i am hearing myself. i've been signing about 16 years now and have made many deaf friends over the years. i really detest the word disabled when refering to deaf or hard of hearing people. it's simply a communication barrier because of the different languages. i mean if someone who speaks japanese aks someone who speaks spanish," where is the bathroom", chances are that japanese person will have to use the nearest tree unless someone who speaks that language is nearby and directs them to the nearest restroom. why shouldn't a non signing hearing person amoung a group of deaf people be called disabled. hey, if i wasn't an interpreter and didn't have affiliation with the deaf community chances are i'd be as closed minded toward deafness as most hearing are, but things aren't that way and the bottom line is just because one is not familiar with a particular language doesn't mean they are "disabled". true hearing is a disability, it's comprehension that is the key. peace

I have experience being discriminated. When I tried to apply for the job at Wal Mart here.. I did success go to the interview but stupid asshole manager said, are you deaf? I told him yes that I'm deaf I can do everything except can't hear. He said really interesting.. But I'm sorry I can't hire you because you are deaf.. How can I yell for you to come to do this that this.. He don't want to walk toward me and tap me on my shoulder. It really upset me because I don't have no job for almost 3 years next month since April 2000 the day I lay off from CIGNA- Health Care (or terminated I got different story.. one said i was lay off and one said i was terminated). I hope I could find job one day :(

Originally posted by TexDeafies
I have experience being discriminated. When I tried to apply for the job at Wal Mart here.. I did success go to the interview but stupid asshole manager said, are you deaf? I told him yes that I'm deaf I can do everything except can't hear. He said really interesting.. But I'm sorry I can't hire you because you are deaf.. How can I yell for you to come to do this that this.. He don't want to walk toward me and tap me on my shoulder. It really upset me because I don't have no job for almost 3 years next month since April 2000 the day I lay off from CIGNA- Health Care (or terminated I got different story.. one said i was lay off and one said i was terminated). I hope I could find job one day :(
Sue Walmart!

Originally posted by TexDeafies

You gotta be kidding me I have a deaf friend that work at Walmart, just tell them that you will see them in court for ADA discrimination, that way they will be scared... the stupid asshole manager said he can't hire you because how can he yell at you, tell him to use his fat leg to tap you no matter what. my suggestion you contact ADA and ask them what to do about Walmart, they shouldn't do this, as matter of fact if I were you and if they said can't hire me because I'm deaf, wow they are gonna get a biggest purple (worse than black) spot on their face (punch them really hard) I don't even give a damn if they sue me they are gonna get slapped with many discrimination lawsuit...

Well, at least you can be glad you weren't hired because in the first place you wouldn't want to be working for people who are so rude as to not call you back for coming in to interview or discriminating against you during the interview? Are you saying you want to work for these people who have discriminated against you? I didn't think so. I once applied for a job and I got it after being interviewed. So that means some people are just plain dumb to discriminate and not hire you guys. It depends on who the boss/people you're going to work for.

Originally posted by deafgal01
Well, at least you can be glad you weren't hired because in the first place you wouldn't want to be working for people who are so rude as to not call you back for coming in to interview or discriminating against you during the interview? Are you saying you want to work for these people who have discriminated against you? I didn't think so. I once applied for a job and I got it after being interviewed. So that means some people are just plain dumb to discriminate and not hire you guys. It depends on who the boss/people you're going to work for.

Yeah I would sue Wal Mart. All I do is just ignore the boss what he said because it's really hurt being discriminated. Most of place here where I live is tough to find job. It's hard for me to look for the job in Dallas. I'm about an hour north of Dallas. Anyway.. the boss discriminate me while we are in the interview. Shock huh?

Never trust your boss.

Boss is full of it.

He or she always back-stabbing on me even cussing..

This is AMerica. Freedom of country. FUck boss.

When i was young kid, work for Food store. He ordered to work. I i worked so hard than hearing people at work. God damn it!

That's why i return to school to get fuckin the degree.

Originally posted by LUNZ
Never trust your boss.

Boss is full of it.

He or she always back-stabbing on me even cussing..

This is AMerica. Freedom of country. FUck boss.

When i was young kid, work for Food store. He ordered to work. I i worked so hard than hearing people at work. God damn it!

That's why i return to school to get fuckin the degree.

I remember one day when I work at Burger King here and Taco Bell in Austin.. both boss order me to wash dishes not do the preparation the food. I wash the dishes almost everyday. Hearing barely didn't wash dishes. That's stupid! :(

yeah.. THey are full of Hypocrites!

im so so tired to work everyday from fuckin morning to fuckin night.

my back is so fuckin pain. i feel old. lol.

Originally posted by LUNZ
yeah.. THey are full of Hypocrites!

im so so tired to work everyday from fuckin morning to fuckin night.

my back is so fuckin pain. i feel old. lol.

your back's fucking pain, hmmm would I sugesst you to get:beer: & drunk and/or :smoking: to get high to forgot about ur pain

I have been thrus that before with the fast food. I refused to work with fast food as part time position. They almost never give me the day off. I am responible to do the stupid pizza dough, wash dish or pan, and clean the table.

However, I don't feel that ADA is educational or aware of what happen. In my option, I don't think that they do their job as purpose to follow the promise. Oh heck, freedom doesn't only count but the freedom is limited. If that settle as freedom and who will control that people? So, the people responible have plently of leash to pull the people down until behave. Seem they are run out of leash to pull the people down to behave and have some respect other.

In addition, I read some of you talking about the people have no job and etc. In my option, the true is they are afriad that customer is not pleases to see deaf employer to work the business, or whatever their favorite store. In behalf that part, I agree with one that say hearing is toward to close mind.

One of my friend told me and wish there never happen with voice over the wire that hearing can depend on it. So, we can remove the sound or voice over the wire. It easier for all communicate at once thru the data. It will be nice, eh?

Other than that data, job and one part. They don't want us to live. I am tired to tell my family. I couldn't get job because "I am deaf." I know that sound pity but matter facts are true that they don't want to hire due communicate into lack of those. In meantime, I feel that we need to take an action to count together. I am not saying about sue. We should set as bill of right. Bill of Right is different than ADA. ADA is provider or access-able. It doesn't say about sign language? Do you recall that sign language is disability? I doublt .

I don't know how many people among of deaf people know the bill of right and ada?

There are some people who think that they are being discriminated against when they are actually being rejected or fired for different reasons. I had one gal tell me that her boss fired her because she was deaf. I asked her for more information and she couldn't give me any more information. Her job was to type up reports and file paperwork, which is something that ANYONE can do. Whenever I brought up the question on how she performed, she always changed the subject and said, "I was fired cuz I was deaf!" Obviously, she did something wrong on her job.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
There are some people who think that they are being discriminated against when they are actually being rejected or fired for different reasons. I had one gal tell me that her boss fired her because she was deaf. I asked her for more information and she couldn't give me any more information. Her job was to type up reports and file paperwork, which is something that ANYONE can do. Whenever I brought up the question on how she performed, she always changed the subject and said, "I was fired cuz I was deaf!" Obviously, she did something wrong on her job.

hmmm ..... cud be possible that she lied ?? :-X

i have no plm....i worked wal mart for 3 yrs during my h.s. yrs and i am currently work folklift for TYSON, inc.

peace

Originally posted by *~Rayden Wins~*
hmmm ..... cud be possible that she lied ?? :-X
Yes, she lied to me. She never had proof or could ever explain her own reasons. I also heard from other friends that she was fired for other reasons.

but 1 thing that i dont understands.. why does people have to be that discrimination because of that obession from past that americans brought slaves from africa to america. and they still have obession to be discriminated somebody else that re different from u and to anothers... this shld have last the peace on the earth of hippies and 70's kinds...

Back