discrimination against Costco Wholesales

lol why bother asking when that ADer hasn't been on since 4 years ago? :lol:
Oh, I didn't notice the date, however who is tra072011? Maybe he is the same person with a new screen name since he left a comment to thank ADers. Oh, well... Thanks for LOL.

Oh, I didn't notice the date, however who is tra072011? Maybe he is the same person with a new screen name since he left a comment to thank ADers. Oh, well... Thanks for LOL.

The person that left a "thank you" was likely a spammer who bumped the thread- not the OP.

The person that left a "thank you" was likely a spammer who bumped the thread- not the OP.
Damn, I let that person to make a fool out of me. I'd better pay attention to the original date of OP from now on.

umm, I have relation who happen to be deaf and work at Costco as assist manager. Of course, he don't speak well and yet, he make it.

Maybe it's your bad behavior?

Hi, I work at Costco too as a cashier in Illinois. I am trying to find out if there are more deaf employees at Costco. Could you tell me what store does your relation and friend work at Costco?

Have a good day

Flick

This thread is from 5 years ago. I think a spammer bumped it. I also know of a few people who are DHH and employed by Costco, so I have a feeling there were other reasons why the OP wasn't hired. Unless they come back and share the results of their complaint...

I am wondering if you know which Costco store that they are working at?

Flick

My biggest problem with Costco is that I spend too much money there! I'll walk in wanting to buy just one thing and then before I know it... I'm looking at a $400-$500 or even $1,000 bill. It is just too damn easy to spend money there. We go there like almost bi-weekly. We do not buy our meats anywhere else.

I heart Costco.

#1 in customer service.
#1 in return policy.
#1 in variety and quality of items (dry, goodies, and food).

Additionally, they treat (fund) their employees better than Wal-who?

Hi, I work at Costco too as a cashier in Illinois. I am trying to find out if there are more deaf employees at Costco. Could you tell me what store does your relation and friend work at Costco?

Have a good day

Flick

Lewisville, TX, that's all I know.

I used to work as forklifter. I am 100% deaf and cant lip read myself.
it is no problem. I worked as stocker at couple stores. now, I work as dock worker at a store unloading trucks with pallet jock and unpacking/packing etc.

My biggest problem with Costco is that I spend too much money there! I'll walk in wanting to buy just one thing and then before I know it... I'm looking at a $400-$500 or even $1,000 bill. It is just too damn easy to spend money there. We go there like almost bi-weekly. We do not buy our meats anywhere else.

I heart Costco.

#1 in customer service.
#1 in return policy.
#1 in variety and quality of items (dry, goodies, and food).

Additionally, they treat (fund) their employees better than Wal-who?

In all these places you have to look at price. Some things are going to be cheaper and some more expensive. You need to spread out the buying across distributors. I use Trader Joe's for wine and Market Basket for other foods, but always check the prices.

Don't put all the eggs in one basket.

This is a very old post, but the OP was asking for advice from anyone who has gone through what he/she was going through, not specific legal advice.

again - best to consult with a real lawyer, not armchair lawyer. a lawyer has gone thru this many times under many different circumstances.

Jiro is right, since that person already file EEOC, and EEOC is the one that decides if one have case or not. If no case, its close, end of discuss no matter how hard one tries to sue, if they still want sue after case close, gotta to pay hefty fee to attorney, reason? Attorney knows it is losing case and will always demand monies upfront. However if EEOC shows he got case THEN he can talk with any attorney without putting up monies upfront.

I learn a lot in the last 3 years with legal BS, and I hope today will be good news for me though court, and I know not many of ADers would understand my issue and may mislead me, so no thanks.

PLUS whats more why Jiro is right, if one wants to sue somebody, that person will do everything to look around for that person and try to collect information to defend themselves. Though private offers best offensive/defensive mechanism.

show-me-the-money-1.jpg

I hope you get some help with all this. Discrimination is everywhere but its up to us to do something about it. Otherwise people will still do it to us.

My counselor has helped me understand that my past few jobs I was discriminated against on several occasions, but even during interviews. The second I mentioned that I was deaf (applied for a hostess position) The interviewer said "oh... well I have a few applications to look over, thank you for coming!"

Back