Disciplining the children

DeafSCUBA98 said:
how in the world am i supposed to disciplining my son to go potty training while i told him " you're supposed to poop or pee in toliet not your diapers".. and he goes like this "no! i want to poop in diapers" god.. help me :pissed:

Show him where you pee or pee. The best is you sat on the toilet seat when you are on pee to show your son the example.

I show my children the example where I got pee/poo is go to toilet. They saw me & my hubby until they knows what toilet is. They went to toilet automaic instead of go to potty without force them. I bought toddler potty with 3 ladder to fit on adult toilet seat. I remove toddler potty seat if I want pee/poo then put toddler potty.

See the example what I have (different model what I have)
http://handynet-oesterreich.bmsg.gv.at/002/Images/00001668.jpg
http://www.mumswebstore.com/images/seatakid.jpg

Force them to potty training is not good.
Expect them to be clean is not good.

But show them where you pee/poo then your son will learn the example from you. It will take time... Patience... Good Luck.

Take DEEP breath [exhale & inhale] Be Calm & Be Very Patient with your son.

First, how old is your son and when is his birthday? I don't know how old your son is.

It takes time for your son to feel ready.. to go #2 in potty. Just be patience with him. Just keep trying and encourage him.. but don't pressure him otherwise he'll be stubborn and refuse to do it. He will go #2 eventually. Don't worry.. he won't be like that forever that he'll be wearing diapers til hes adult lol

Exacty... What's parent for? Patience and loving until they feel ready then.....

Good posting, Teekie.. That's the same way i do with my son by giving him a timeout for at least 15 mins to 30 mins.. after the timeout we would sit together and talk about what he did wrong. I asked him what did you do wrong? Why did you do that? etc etc. we talked about it .. he apologized to me. If he doesnt listen to me second time and he do it again.. then he will get punished by no playtime outside or watching tv or play with his fav toys .. he learned not to do that again. He know I MEANT it. spanking him .. what will that do? i just know he will learn that it is ok to hit people when it is NOT!!

Ohh good example... one day we went to walmart.. TJ didnt stop to look at cars and trucks if they r coming or not.. He just walked in the path of the traffic. I just grabbed him and said TJ in a discipline voice. YOu forgot the rule? look at cars n trucks before you across the street. what happened if a car coming ? will the car stop>? will car hit you? etc. he said i will die .. i said yes it is possible or even hurt worse and stay in hospital long time.. cant walk? maybe cant see? many things can happen. i gave him a timeout for that and a BIG talk again when we got home from shopping to make sure he UNDERSTAND what if HAD happened? After that day.. He learned to watch the traffic before going across the street. I believe it is good to communicate with your kids about anything.. they will respect you for who you are. my mom NEVER talk to me like that. i wish she did instead of spanking me.. TJ does respect me and mind me very well. He is a good kid with lot of love for animals and love to talk to anyone who would listen to him.. :)

I am not telling anyone how to be a parent.. but everyone have different opinions on this subject. That is ok. We all are just interested in talking about different ways how to punish our kids..
:)

Luckysmile23 said:
I am not telling anyone how to be a parent.. but everyone have different opinions on this subject. That is ok. We all are just interested in talking about different ways how to punish our kids..
:)

Very true. I'm one of people who are interesting to collect any tips from forums, parents conference, etc how to deal with our children because I love my children so much and want to see them happy.

I prepare with my children before leave for go to shopping. I alway repeat them to not point their fingers to everything in the store what they want to have. We are in store. I show them friendly remind: "Remember what I say"? when they tried to tell me what they want. They change their subject quickly and said to me: "I only want to show you what I wish for my birthday, Xmas, Easter......"... Cute... I laughed and told them that I have no problem for let them to show me their wishes. All what I answer with nodding... "I will remember that". :)
Now they are 12 and 9 years old and getting used to know that they will have it on their birthdays, easter, xmas, surprised as reward sometimes,...

Been there! My son told me he was afraid to poop in toilet, feels much safer to poop in diaper. I know this is ridiclous BUT I patiently encourage him to break the fear and finally he broke the fear. I let my son come in when I am dumping to show him that is normal to make dump in the toilet bowl. Doing anything harsh would only make his fear worse.
He finally quit using diaper. The only thing left is betwetting :pissed: I even caught him pissing on his own bed when he was WIDE awake in the morning! UNREAL! I asked him why pissed on bed not in toilet. He refused to answer and shruddered at me. I said ALRIGHTY! Im NOT going to clean up, so you gonna sleep right on it tonite! He seems not care... :pissed:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
how in the world am i supposed to disciplining my son to go potty training while i told him " you're supposed to poop or pee in toliet not your diapers".. and he goes like this "no! i want to poop in diapers" god.. help me :pissed:

diehardbiker65 said:
Been there! My son told me he was afraid to poop in toilet, feels much safer to poop in diaper. I know this is ridiclous BUT I patiently encourage him to break the fear and finally he broke the fear. I let my son come in when I am dumping to show him that is normal to make dump in the toilet bowl. Doing anything harsh would only make his fear worse.
He finally quit using diaper. The only thing left is betwetting :pissed: I even caught him pissing on his own bed when he was WIDE awake in the morning! UNREAL! I asked him why pissed on bed not in toilet. He refused to answer and shruddered at me. I said ALRIGHTY! Im NOT going to clean up, so you gonna sleep right on it tonite! He seems not care... :pissed:

Yeah been there, too. DeafScuba, you have to be patience with your son. Give him a treat so that he may follow your command. Not Force. I am sure that he finally passed his Number 1 stage but not Number 2. Pull up diaper is good idea. After taking a damp, encourage him to try out a Toonie, your son's prefernce, underwear. I thought you can easily afford to purchase Pull-Up diaper with Walmart discount?

he's 3 will be 4 in may... he watched me pee/poo since he's a tiny baby every time i tell him " do you need to pee poo?" he says no.. then few min later he poo in his diapers.. then he was happy and say " daddy i poop" i was like :eek: and told him "why not in toliet like i do?" he say "because i have to poop in diapers"

i hope he learn so soon before he turns 4

DeafSCUBA98 said:
he's 3 will be 4 in may... he watched me pee/poo since he's a tiny baby every time i tell him " do you need to pee poo?" he says no.. then few min later he poo in his diapers.. then he was happy and say " daddy i poop" i was like :eek: and told him "why not in toliet like i do?" he say "because i have to poop in diapers"

i hope he learn so soon before he turns 4

Oh boy. It is a time for him to use a clothed Toonie underwear. Let him learn a lesson then take him a bath. Do same steps again. He will give up and follow your command...

Alrighty, something for me to learn when I have kids later in the future... what exactly is a Toonie underwear? Is the Toonie underwear the thick training underwear that toddlers wear?

Cookie Monster said:
Alrighty, something for me to learn when I have kids later in the future... what exactly is a Toonie underwear? Is the Toonie underwear the thick training underwear that toddlers wear?

I bet kids would not piss on their favorite Toonie boxers/briefs.

I suggest you use...

Draw picture of chart... collection stickers.. for reward applause your child using potty... Lot lot of stickers.. then you can take your child out for treat.. Shown your son applause.. If suppose didn't go bathroom and stayed pooped on diaper.. You tell your son and come look chart.. you will have no stickers... Your son will UNDERSTAND..

I've trainned 3 children and shown chart, you can earn stickers for YAY, I did bathroom.. My children loves treat!!!!! where child want to go...

Key is... CANDY or Toys.. that what your child wanted..

Why not try!

Worth it..
Good luck!

mld4ds said:
I bet kids would not piss on their favorite Toonie boxers/briefs.

That´s my young son´s favorite... :thumb: He loves to watch on TV... "sponge"... He collect things like this...

Bullym0m said:
I suggest you use...

Draw picture of chart... collection stickers.. for reward applause your child using potty... Lot lot of stickers.. then you can take your child out for treat.. Shown your son applause.. If suppose didn't go bathroom and stayed pooped on diaper.. You tell your son and come look chart.. you will have no stickers... Your son will UNDERSTAND..

I've trainned 3 children and shown chart, you can earn stickers for YAY, I did bathroom.. My children loves treat!!!!! where child want to go...

Key is... CANDY or Toys.. that what your child wanted..

Why not try!

Worth it..
Good luck!

Exactly... it´s important to show parent´s praise on the children no matter what he/she pee or poo... still show them where you sat on the toilet seat... reward them if they tried it... if not... patience....

Patience... it would be worst if you show no patience on the children.. it would scare the children and wet themselves more and more... Patience and praise them the best then they will dry quickly than you thought. Good Luck.

diehardbiker65 said:

How old is he?

Liebling:-))) said:
That´s my young son´s favorite... :thumb: He loves to watch on TV... "sponge"... He collect things like this...

:lol: SpongeBob SquarePants! I think he's cute!!

DeafSCUBA98 said:

Wanna know a trick? I did with my little one Jordan, I put him in underwear, got rid of the diaper, He pooped in his underwear and got uncomfortable. Then the next time he wore his underwear he ran in the bathroom and started using the toilet, Ever since then, he uses the toilet. It was a quick learner. Try that and get back to me on the results. :thumb:

i did the same way with tj like bullymom did with her kids. it definitely works. take him to the bathroom every couple of hours to show that it is the place to go and do your business. he will learn. if he did wonderful job .. give him a sticker and show him on the board.. by the time end of the week.. if he got all stickers then give him a treat or toys.. show him you are PROUD of him!!

TJ love that cuz every time he did good job he got toys for that? I take him to dr.. he HATE dr cuz all of the tests and everything (poor TJ) i would say if you did good job i will get you a toy.. if he didnt.. then no toys.. now he get used to the check ups of dr due to SID. I am really proud of TJ!! :)

Back