Disabled work suggestions please

Okay Imma set something up. Will post the link here when I'm done.

Yeah your hives are probably autoimmune, because you have the RA and Gout. Unless you know of triggers of your hives. [/b]Do you have to take an immune suppressant?[/b]

For mine cigarette smoke, too much heat, sun, tomatoes, chocolate and a few other food, definitely make my hives worse. I have the hives head to toe all day everyday. Only thing that helps is immune suppressants. When i say help, i mean "help full", not actually gets rid of them, but reduces them.

The hives pretty much randomly go berzerk. There is nothing that reduces them when they do. They are severe, large welts. Mostly berzerk at night, which makes sleep non-existent, but sometimes during the day. Impossible to concentrate on work when i get them, or when i've been up all night from them.

The hives are the things keeping me from working full time.

Not really. I have allergy medication and steroid creams.

Yeah i tried all of those, but none of them worked at all for me.

To stop the hearing loss I was put on Prednisone, immune suppressant, and the RA and hearing loss was controlled for a long time. Then the RA went into remission completely.

I take Medrol now. Its similar to prednisone. If i get on a large dose of medrol it clears up the hives completely, but at that dose I get very bad spotted vision.

I need to keep my apartment super clean because the Medrol can make me vulnerable to certain fungal infections.

So difficult to balance it all out.

Yeah i tried all of those, but none of them worked at all for me.

To stop the hearing loss I was put on Prednisone, immune suppressant, and the RA and hearing loss was controlled for a long time. Then the RA went into remission completely.

I take Medrol now. Its similar to prednisone. If i get on a large dose of medrol it clears up the hives completely, but at that dose I get very bad spotted vision.

I need to keep my apartment super clean because the Medrol can make me vulnerable to certain fungal infections.

So difficult to balance it all out.

Years ago I was on Prednisone, but I felt it made me sicker than the illness, so I haven't taken it for years.

Wow, really? I never get sick from it. I only get the moon face and acne (if i exercise too much).

I have tried cyclosporine in the past for RA and hives, which didn't work. Recently tried it again for hives and worked, but my face started peeling. It was awful.

Weird how medicine reacts differently in people.

Does your RA or hives flare like crazy when there is a drastic change in the weather? Mine does. Thinking of moving to the moon. :)

Wow, really? I never get sick from it. I only get the moon face and acne (if i exercise too much).

I have tried cyclosporine in the past for RA and hives, which didn't work. Recently tried it again for hives and worked, but my face started peeling. It was awful.

Weird how medicine reacts differently in people.

Does your RA or hives flare like crazy when there is a drastic change in the weather? Mine does. Thinking of moving to the moon. :)

:lol: Yes actually it does. So maybe we can find more of us for a small colony on the moon!

There are more of us here for sure. Cowpuppy, and Coolgirlspyer are both people with auto immune disease.

No, you can not blame exclusively against government. There is nothing Government could do to prevent that..

Much more than half of human workforces is taking over by machines. Who is going to stop companies from switching labor to machines? Government can't do that And whats the advantage of using machines over human for these companies? Oh plenty!

1. Cheap to run
2. They don't call in sick
3. If they are broken, they can be fixed or replaced at much faster rate
4. Machine can do same job at same amount of time equilvent to 1,000 employees that could
5. Much more

Still, there's a lot a machine can't do. In fact, there's nothing a machine can do reliably for any long period of time without human intervention.

I was thinking computer sales but from what i've researched the future of personal computing is pretty bleak. I'd be throwing away startup funds.

So throw them away. The job of deciding what's viable to fund is not yours. If they decide to fund it and it tanks, it's not your fault, it's their fault for not making the right decisions.

On the other hand, if they decide to fund it and it takes off, you don't get much really compared to what they will get. So it's not your job to decide whether or not you're throwing it away.

So yea, why not pitch a startup :)

It doesn't really work that way. If i start the business and borrow the money i still have to pay the money back even after the business tanks. I would be losing their money and putting myself further in debt.

Actually that money would be coming from the government, because i have disabilities. Which pretty much means that money comes from the people in the US.

This happened to me in college. I was given grants when i had rheumatoid arthritis. I made it until senior year and lost my hearing, got hives and had to drop out. Never got my degree. So, the money was somewhat wasted because i didn't get that piece of paper/degree.

Sorry, just letting off a little steam there.

It doesn't really work that way. If i start the business and borrow the money i still have to pay the money back even after the business tanks. I would be losing their money and putting myself further in debt.

Actually that money would be coming from the government, because i have disabilities. Which pretty much means that money comes from the people in the US.

This happened to me in college. I was given grants when i had rheumatoid arthritis. I made it until senior year and lost my hearing, got hives and had to drop out. Never got my degree. So, the money was somewhat wasted because i didn't get that piece of paper/degree.

Sorry, just letting off a little steam there.

I wasn't exactly thinking of that, I was thinking of venture capitalism. There are people who will back you, no strings attached, if you have a good enough idea.

There are people in this world who spend a million like most people spend $1. It's not a really big deal to them, helps them have a part in the possible next big thing before they depart from the earth.

So if you have a good enough idea, it's entirely possible to contact one of those people and give it a shot.

Also see the other post (thanks.) :)

Consider contacting the local colleges or conventions centers. They need people to set up/take down after events. My daughter works for our local college's sports/convention/etc venue. Though she gets the list of possible jobs a week or more in advance (which she can choose from depending on her schedule), they may be willing to hire you as a "back up" in case another worker notifies them within a day of the event that they can't work or is a no-show.

Back