Disability Benefits

Kelpies

Reaction score
I was wondering about the disability benefits system in USA/Canada. Do you receive any disablility benefits while you are in employment? If so, what are they? Cheers!

That's a good question... Australia has something like that, but I don't know about USA and Canada.

In canada we have the same thing..it's call ODSP in Ontario (my province) it differs from province to province though. You can be working or not working and you have to have sufficient evidence of a disability.

I was wondering about the disability benefits system in USA/Canada. Do you receive any disablility benefits while you are in employment? If so, what are they? Cheers!

It is called SDI. State Disability Income. Anyone can get them if they got hurt or got sick outside of the job alike if you broke your leg and can not do any work till it heals then this person collect SDI till get well enough to go back to work. usually they don't pay you till after your not working for more than 3 weeks. It only last one year till your SDI money ran out. Then we have workcomp, only if this person got hurt at the job and they will pay you till u get better and come back to work. Sometime people never go back to their old jobs and will be on workcomp for few years till they got settlement then it is closed.
Hope this help.

Back