Digital Hearing Aids

daffy93

Reaction score
I will be getting new digital hearing aids next week and I just can't stop thinking about it. Should I call my audiologist in the morning to let her that I am excited and little nervous about new hearing aids? thanks

Have you ever try other brands of hearing aids? Did you ask your audiologist about trial free for two weeks (each brand)?

No, this will be my first digital hearing aids. I am just excited and little nervous when it comes. I just want to ask her about my feeling if that is right way to do. I was thinking to call her tomorrow morning about my feeling as a good result. Is this right way to do by telling my feeling and why I am excited about it?

I wear digital hearing aid. It sounds better than analog hearing aid!

How do you adjust that volume? Does it have 3 or 4 programs? Did you try it, and does it help you to adjust the volume manually?

Suppose, you want to talk on the phone, you set program 3 - How will you know that your set is at program 3 or 2? (See two photos - for example two different hearing aids - Look at these switchers). Mine does not have switch pointer I have to press the buttom to hear the beep for the next level. If I forgot which set I am in, I turned it off and then on. It will set back to program one.

I personally don't like a hearing aid to adjust the volume by itself automatically. That's why you need to test them for two weeks free trials to see if you really like them.

I like digital hearing aids so I guess many deafies choice digital ones. If you really love them, then get them. Without a free trial, you changed your mind that you don't like them, and there is no full refund period. I tested four different kind of hearing aids for each two weeks before I buy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know a lot of them yet until next thurs. I will let you know when I get them. I am just little nervous and excited in the good way. I just need talk to my audiologist about my feeling in the morning.

New digital hearing aids

I got my digital hearing aids today. I notice some changes from these hearing aids. My audiologist want to take it slows at first so I can get adjustment with the sound. She wants my brain not to hear a lot of background since my brain is used to hear a lot of background noisy through the years. Also, she wants me not to think about linear from analog technology. It will be a challenge for me to do this for two weeks. I will let her know how I did for two weeks. I will have some test in the area and try to get use these hearing aids. When I meet her again on June 5th, I think I need her to change the sound again. The sound is still low and soft to me. My audiologist wants me get to use these hearing aids and try to get rid of background noisy than being as loud. I will keep in post from my next appointment.

Intdrouce myself new member

Hello indtrouce myself Rosesbama just joined alldeaf.com member recently... That's new to me about digital hearing aid that very interesting .. I am anxious to get know more information and see myself to Audoligist ..Coolz :jaw:

I got the Resound Remix digital hearing aids. I am trying to figure out these beep. When I do 1 beep, it will be omnidirectional, when I do 2 beeps, it will be directional, and the 3 beeps will be only telephone. I still background noisy and I think my audiologist might reduce them next meet.

I am trying to do some challenge with my new hearing aids.

I had analog hearing aids for a few years before getting my digital hearing aids two years ago. They will sound much quieter than analog. For a while I didn't think mine were programmed loud enough, but after I adjusted I got used to it.

Mine actually need reprogrammed I think. My 1st program is too loud, so I just use 2nd program and it sounds normal.

Mine is same as the first picture (Black hearing aids) but mine is in gray and tan colors..)

webexplorer said:
How do you adjust that volume? Does it have 3 or 4 programs? Did you try it, and does it help you to adjust the volume manually?

Suppose, you want to talk on the phone, you set program 3 - How will you know that your set is at program 3 or 2? (See two photos - for example two different hearing aids - Look at these switchers). Mine does not have switch pointer I have to press the buttom to hear the beep for the next level. If I forgot which set I am in, I turned it off and then on. It will set back to program one.

I personally don't like a hearing aid to adjust the volume by itself automatically. That's why you need to test them for two weeks free trials to see if you really like them.

I like digital hearing aids so I guess many deafies choice digital ones. If you really love them, then get them. Without a free trial, you changed your mind that you don't like them, and there is no full refund period. I tested four different kind of hearing aids for each two weeks before I buy them.

I've ordered my supero 413 weeks ago, and when it came in last friday, it turn out that it's software or something have a defect, my audiologolgist couldn't connect into it to tune the volumn

Back