Digital and Analog Hearing Aids

Mizzou

Reaction score
Hope this thread does not get into other because I been out for long time.

I have been attending to ENT Doctor for CI. One thing, I have learned about Digital HAs is almost perfect as CI.

I been wore my Analog HAs for long time and Digital HAs born late in 90s. There is alot of compares with CI, Digital, and Analog.

CI is implaneted in ears that tube inside of corcal (sp). It would electrtic to brain and nerves.

Digial HAs is behind the ear and has power sounds like soft and hard noises. It is able to understand almost everything from A to Z.

Analog HAs is also behind of ear or strip on chest. It is older kind and can hear some of sounds and noises. It is hard to understand A to Z.

If becomes habit with Analog HAs then can understand better with brain over and over again. I can understand almost everything A to Z on my Analog HAs.

Digital HAs is like soft sounds and hard sounds like hearing people hears. It has computer program match your hearing level. If you not hear anything that not match Digital then probly have CI to helps.

I think I am falling for Digital HAs and exciting to wear them soon.

You might jump here....

Digitals are great and I love their techology they have like, the Streamer which I have! so I prefer both digital and analogs over a piece a crap.

yep so I prefer my old Siemens and my new hearing aids over my Oticon Gaia which are crap now.

Digital signal processing is quite different from analog signal processing. Specifically, DSP alters a signal through complex software, while ASP alters a signal through the use of hardware. The internal implementation, such as compression, operate similarly in both strategies. As long as the sampling rate is high enough a digital amplifier will sound exactly the same to the human hearing system as an analog. Particularly with speech. For years audiophiles hobbyists have claimed they can tell a very high quality analog from a high sampling rate digital signal. But in actual scientifically controlled conditions no one can consistently tell which one they are hearing. Just my very experienced opinion.

Digital signal processing is quite different from analog signal processing. Specifically, DSP alters a signal through complex software, while ASP alters a signal through the use of hardware. The internal implementation, such as compression, operate similarly in both strategies. As long as the sampling rate is high enough a digital amplifier will sound exactly the same to the human hearing system as an analog. Particularly with speech. For years audiophiles hobbyists have claimed they can tell a very high quality analog from a high sampling rate digital signal. But in actual scientifically controlled conditions no one can consistently tell which one they are hearing. Just my very experienced opinion.

Are you deaf? I don't know you, so I had to ask.

Second questions is this - have you ever taken off your hearing aids at a rock concert and stood up to the amp stacks to really hear what it sounds like? A hearing aid is supposed to be EXACTLY like that. Instead, they can't reach down to the lower frequencies, and their computer programming gets in the way of natural-sounding performance. I tried several digitals with no luck. One problem was I could no longer hear the cash register scanner beeps, the bicycle theft beepers, and the jacket security chain beepers. I had to go back to my old hearing aids to hear them. Another one was I could not understand the intercom voices anymore. I couldn't even tell if they were male or female voices. With the analogs, I can pick out characteristic voices and tell you who said it, and if the announcement is familiar, tell you what was said, like "Camping line 1, camping line 1" or "Tony, 238, 238." I also could not understand people in person worth a dang because the vowel sounds are not reproduced accurately.

I have resorted to hoarding analogs as fast as I can afford until they finally release a power aid for profoundly deaf musicians, or stem cell therapy becomes possible (15 years our or more, unless the financial system collapses, then all bets are off).

Back