Different between size #13 & #675 battery?

I've only ever used 675 batteries too. I'm sure that as long as they produce HAs that require 675 batteries, they'll have to continue producing the batteries, otherwise who would buy the HAs?

I think here in Britain it's fairly safe to say that the NHS will continue to provide batteries for any HAs they supply.

Until technology improves there will be a need for 675 batteries for the most powerful HAs, otherwise we'd have to be changing batteries far too often. I know that CIs need battery changes frequently, but it isn't necessary with HAs, and if it did became the case the manufacturers would receive complaints.

Here in the UK where I split my time between two places with different NHS PCTs the NHS don't hand out many HAs that have 675s. At the moment, they use Phonak Nathos which is the same as the Phonak Naidas Vs. They seem to hand out the SP Nathos 99% of the time unless they are in the small bit that the SPs won't cover from 110db to 120db in low freq.

When I pick up my HA 675 batteries from them, they do say, we don't hand out 675s that much these days. It's the reason why they have to keep getting them from the store cupboards, they say.

My friend has a N5 which has only been supplied with disposable batteries cage which use the 675s but the hospital still gave her the Phonak Nathos SP for her other ear so now has to carry round 2 sets of batteries.

HOW LONG DO YOUR 675 BATTERIES LAST DJCHUR? Mine only last 8 days but with the ComPilot can last as little as 6 days. They did last longer before until they were turned up.

My friend has just got the Phonak Nathos SP in August from NHS but asked for the UPs as she fitted in both but was refused. She's in a different PCT trust to where I split my time so that's 3 different PCT trusts that want to only hand out the SP Nathos.

I know the UPs cost about £19 more and it's all about money on the NHS. Just thinking about it tho, yes it's a £19 save but that £19 will properly be spent on more #13 batteries as they die quicker.

My batteries last about two weeks, less than that if I'm using my Smartlink much. The hospital I go to only seems to hand out Siemens HAs, I've had my Reflex DSPs for over four years now so it'll be interesting to see what I get when they decide I need an upgrade. Siemens Impact DSPs which they are now providing also take 675 batteries though.

I know the reason behind a lot of hospital using Phonak Nathos is coz of sound recovery so if someone had mild low freq and profound high freq, with sound recovery they would have near normal hearing. I have a flat loss and still benefit from SR as well.

With the SPs and UPs, there isn't much power different so that's properly why they hand our the SPs more often.

I carry around 2 sets of batts as well..13's for the SP and 675s for the UP..it's a pain in the ass

I can see why it's annoying Alicia. I wouldn't want to carry 2 sets on batteries. I don't like carrying spare batteries anyway so I change mine twice a week on the same days.

13s last 2 weeks and 675s lasts 3-4 weeks. simple as that!
my 13s lasts 2 weeks before the robotlike beeps shows up :)

I've never had 3 to 4 weeks out of 675s even with my old Superfronts. I wish. They did last 12 to 14 days but I had them turned up and background noise increased so they now last 8 days, less when using ComPilot.

13s last 2 weeks and 675s lasts 3-4 weeks. simple as that!
my 13s lasts 2 weeks before the robotlike beeps shows up :)

What brand of batteries do you use? I always thought 7 days give or take was the norm for size #13 batteries.

It's says on Google that 60 675s batteries should last 3 years for one HA, if only and if they don't then there is a problem with the HAs. There's no problem with my HAs.

My 675 batteries last about a month depending on what I hear. The less sounds I hear, the longer they last. The more sounds I hear, the shorter they last.

I think it depends on the configuration of your ha's too...I'm sure if you have sound recover on and other programs etc that it has to work harder aka the battery will die faster

I like your pic of you HAs Alicia. How do you get that border around the pic? Is it with the iPhone & an app? Looks good :)

It depends on how much you "use" the HAs.
I generally got 3 weeks out of my #13's and now generally get 2-1/2-3 weeks out of my #675.
I wear them about 13 hours a day and don't listen to music. Before I got the TVLink and started watching/listening to TV more, I got closer to the 3 weeks than I do now. I imagine if I were to listen to music via my ComPilot during the day, my batteries would die sooner than they do now.

I think with any digitals, the can be set in so many different ways that it will vary massively. Analogues were a lot easier to judge on how much battery life you would get :)

It was originally posted on instagram and I used a filter and that's the border that the filter comes with:p

I have hearing aid, I have pretty 675 also sound ! it is pretty I have 676 battery
if suppose work out battery!

Back